Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Fire MF bulid?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Pailon, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

A Fire MF bulid?

I've seen lightning been done but I'm not a huge fan of lightning spells. I chose Fire for high damage when I hit. Of course I tele FIs and for MoD I'll probly just move them all out of throne room. I have all 3 Ormus' Robes so I can fight FIs but slowly. I have found Homunculus and Skullder's Ire but I can't use because I'm 20 str too low D: Time to lv for more str.... My 2 Main attacks do ,meteor, 14971-15684 and ,fire ball, 6029-6707. So far it's been working for me.

2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Re: A Fire MF bulid?

A pure fire doesn't do baal. It's too inefficient, so it's mainly for Hell Andy/Meph.

3. ohnoyellowdinosaur

ohnoyellowdinosaur IncGamers Member

just a suggestion here. you might want to try out a meteorb build where you 1-pt ice mastery and max orb.

you get the feeling/play-style of a fire sorc with the added bonus of an extra element.

plus, if you ever plan on using full tal's set, you get the double bonus of -15% fire res for enemies and +15% cold damage.

VERY effective mfing build.

4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Yup I agree, a Meteorb / Orbitaller is pretty much a Fireball sorc that has Frozen Orb for FI's

Or stay clear of Baal / CS and stick with andy/meph :).

As was already mentioned in your other recent thread.

And for FI's you can Static Field them down to 50% in Hell - possibly the best 1 point wonder in the world.

tactic (one of millions i'm sure, but one of my favourites): tele in, spam static, step back slightly and let merc tank, cast 1 Meteor and them spam FB and loot :). Ofc against FI's replace meteor & FB will a plethora of FOrbs.

MF'ing is all about speed, taking 20 mins to do a Baal run isn't exactly efficient, whereas doing 3 or 4 runs consisting of: Andy / Mephi / Eld / Shenk and Pindle (depending on FI spawns) would be a much better use of your time.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

BTW, Sorcs cant use a Homunculus, its Nec-only....unless you meant to say Occulus?

I also dont know what "all 3 Ormus robes" are...there's almost as many different flavors of Ormus as there are skills on the Sorc tree.

If you want to stay pure cold, I'd suggest getting a +3 Glacial Spike orb on switch and freezing FIs to let your merc handle them. But Meteorb is definitely the best compromise for the Fire enthusiast :)

6. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Next time read. All 3 Ormus' Robes means I have the Fire Cold, and Lightning ones. (For skills)

I have used the meteorb build but I don't like it. It gives you a skill for FIs yes but what happens with CI and FI? You shockem till your merc kills them? No. Not efficient. Unless your merc has good equips.. I'm getting my mulling prog. today so I can get better gear.

7. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Why so rude? He's trying to help... and the worst of it is he was right so you just flamed him for no reason :p Ormus comes with most of Sorc skills, and there are much more than 3 versions sought after by people.

Btw, % on fire and lightning Ormus is more or less junk since it simply adds to the already massive mastery %. Sure, a FB +15 is better than a FB +13, but by a tiny margin which should not be considered. Fire/Light skills is the reason any Fire or Light sorc would use an Ormus, not the dmg%.

Letting merc kill FI/CI's or skipping FI/CI's is much more efficient than letting merc kill all FI's or skipping all FI's. If you think Meteorb is an inefficient build... well it's not. You can like it or hate it, but it still remains one of the major cookie-cutters.

8. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yeah yikes, someone had cranky-o's for breakfast yesterday morning :)

CI/FI only occur on boss monsters, so at most you're left with your merc killing 1 monster at a time, it doesnt even occur very often, and plus you always get to start from 50% done because of Static. With anything resembling decent gear, your merc will be able to finish off most such bosses in just a few pokes. Even on the super-cheap in SP, make Honor in the best polearm you can find, and that will give your merc all it needs to be efficient. Upgrade with a Treachery armor for even better efficiency.

Conversely, as you get along in the game you'll hit certain points where you're forced to face FI mobs. Council, CS, and Throne are three examples where you can't just TP past. And as a MF sorc, there are no areas you'd want to run without considerable FI populations, except maybe if you ONLY do Andy/Meph, in which case you're probably better off with a blizz sorc since Meph has 75% all res in Hell.

There's a reason that pure fire is almost exclusively a PvP build...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  9. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

it's certainly possible to clear out Hell with a fire sork, a couple of utility skills (Glacial Spike and Static) and a well equipped merc.

i've done way too many solo baal runs with a fire sork to think otherwise.

however, it aint the quickest nor is it the most capable of PvM builds.

if it's a go-anywhere-in-regular-game MF toon you're after, a full tals meteorb build is far more capable as an all-round PvM sork than a full fire sork.

10. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I have specifically ThunderStorm, Meteor, and Blizzard Orums' Robes... Sorry for not specifying.

And sorry for flaming I didn't mean to. I was just pointing out his mistake... Didn't mean to be an ***.

I have not found the Meteorb build efficient for my tastes. I know I said inefficient but I meant for me. My mercs don't have all that great gear (still missing alot of items) but as soon as I get the best of the best I will equip it. Just found a Reaper's Toll today so I should be alot better off. :) I will try the Meteorb Build ONE last time. If I still don't like it I will be done with it and move on.

11. Kalkanor

Kalkanor IncGamers Member

you could MF in maggot layer
    lvl 2 and 3 are mlvl 80 areas and dont spawn FIs
    and iam sure there are other areas you could run