Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few T/V questions gear/PvP/allocations

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by BlasphemousMusic, Apr 4, 2005.

1. BlasphemousMusic

BlasphemousMusic IncGamers Member

A few T/V questions gear/PvP/allocations

At level 81 I am doing ok I suppose. I followed a FoH guide in here but cannot seem to achieve even close to some of the 6-7-8K I see people posting here.

Hers a quick rundown:

Helm: 20/18% Griffons (thats with facet)
    Armor: Dusk Enigma
    Weapon: Wiz (for res, mana)
    Shield: Clean Hoz
    Belt: T-gods (i hate trappers)
    boots: treks
    Gloves: Bloodfist or draculs
    Rings : soj/wisp Soj/Raven, Soj/dwarf (depending on what char I am facing)
    Ammy: +27 maras

Switch: Beast Zerker/Uber exile shield

No + skill charms yet

Skills:
    Max FoH
    Max Holy Shock
    Max Holy Shield
    Conv lvl 25 with gear
    prereqs with rest

I do know for an FoHer I need to get 10x Combats (which my hr's can't even get while I trade) but how much end dmg will I get with FOH and those 10x charms? And if its not just the charms, what else could be done?

On my screen now I have 3-3610K shown dmg. I am using smite on switch, which is doing horrible right now, but I have not put any points into any smite type skills. Which is more feasable to use for a switch with an foher, I still have useable skills.

Thx in advance BM (blasphemousMusic, not bad mannered)

2. rare

rare IncGamers Member

ack, use Upd HOZ to smite with, it's better than any exile. And try to find a weapon with +skills like silence pb, rosebranded/priests weapons. Fury isn't too bad a choice, but all the damage will be from the open wounds. Might as well just charge with fury if you can't get a +skills weapon to smite with.

IMO there isn't much use for that 'uber exile' than to try and sell it and see how many combats you can get with it. The combats are going to help much much more than that exile. 81 is still pretty low level, so keep leveling.

The people that get high high FOH damage usually have either HOTO or a scepter full of lit facets with inherent +3 to foh and other skills. So try to get a hoto at least, any res should be fine. 10~ res shouldn't matter in the end.

I suggest putting a point into meditation. Just having it on for a few seconds can get your mana half way up. Use it for those few seconds that you're far from the enemy. Then you won't feel as empty without wizardspike's mana boost.

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If you are rich enough, get a FoH stick. My friend had a +3Foh +3conviction with 5 5/5facets in it. I nearly pee'd my pants.

Also for switch, I would go with Grief/Up'd Hoz (if you are ladder) or Asteron/Up'd HoZ (NL)

4. BlasphemousMusic

Thx for the advice. I have been trying endlessly to get one of the damned sticks but no one ever has them. The one person I saw who had it, wow, did they want a lot!

As for the grief/up'd hoz, I'll try that. The exile was actually given to me so I thought I would use it, and for that matter my beast axe was given to me also.

I'll try switching to hoto and see if it does better with the +skills, and it does have some res also anyway. Do i need to do as some guides suggest and put points into smite then? Like my remaining skills?

5. Stings

Stings IncGamers Member

if your really having trouble finding that stick (as it is very expensive) you should just try to use a nice alternative like Hands of the Blessed Light with a 5/5 in it. Not too bad of a choice i would say.

6. BlasphemousMusic

Well yesterday I did overpay I bit I think, but I got one to use for now. Its a 5 socket eth war scepter with +2 foh +1 holy shock + 2 sanctuary. Now all I need is 5 5/5 light facets :(

I have some skills left, should I go for the smite or fana?