Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Few rabies tips in pvp

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Forksup31, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

A Few rabies tips in pvp

Okay, so I know there are already guides for rabies pvp druids, but after carefully sifting through them, and building my own pvp fury/rabies hybrid, I've discovered a few tips for using rabies in pvp, that I've yet to see written anywhere else.........

As many know rabies is contagious, and this should be taken advatage of in pvp.....

#1 Just because A creature is immune to poison, doesn't mean it can't spread the disease, I.E a druid's spirit and a necros bonewalls, or even a immune to poison iron golem....
    #2 When a character teleports (like oh too many caster char's in .10), if they have minions, they will teleport with them, and end up RIGHT ON TOP of the char that teleported.....
    #3 characters that you're hostile to, don't have to be on the same team in order to spread it to eachother.....

The beauty of bone walls are that you can't even see the "red aura of infection", so, as a neat lil' card up my sleeve, I bite any bone walls or prisons nearby, and lure people towards them, or kill any necro baracading himself inside them, or standing across a mote of them :D .
    You CAN see the aura on all other summonable creatures, such as golems and druid wolfs, bears, sages, and amazon's valkieries. If you're facing an opponent that has insane defense and you don't have the AR to counter it, mearly bite their summons, and let them kill their master for you....

Take advantage of ANY tele-caster in pvp that has summons, as soon as possible, bite their pets, and charge the caster, in general they will teleport out of instinct, then BAM they're infected. Then depending on the situation you can dodge 'em a while (BTW running away like that is often considered bm) or charge 'em if you have a nice backup attack and weapon, like a CxxOQ or a grizzy caddy with fury, or a robo-weapon or a multi shael weapon with fireclaws....Don't be afraid to run in circle around bone mancers or fireball sorcs, as long as you're dodging properly, they can't hit you, and then, once you find an opening, smack 'em around (if your fast enough, on foot and attack, you can catch them off guard, and lock 'em up with quick attacks, as most casters have HORRIBLE FHR).

If you're in pubbies, I'm sure you've seen how quick most people are to hostile you, and as things are in pubbies, getting mobbed by multiple characters as soon as you leave the confines of town, and getting slaughtered relatively quick and effortlessly....Well not any more :cool: , with a rabies druid, this is usually your golden moment for multiple kills with one bite, bite the char with the lowest DEF (usually a zon, as their DEF is terrible), and let the group mob you momentarily, they will start dropping like flies (beware killing multiple people, as you will often be called a "N00b HAx0R" :D ). As soon as multiple people are infected RUN, unless you can tank them (gogo fury ).

Now I know this build is fun to play, but beware people with huge life, def, max poison resist, and some poison length reduction, as your rabies might just be futile against them, thats why I suggest having a backup attack like fury or fire claws.......

Hope this helps anyone with a PVP Rabies druid :D

-Forksup

2. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Awesome! I'm sure this will help out alot of people. In more serious duels I will not use rabies but only fire claws almost exclusively. When I'm in public games though I tend to use mainly rabies because it is fun, although I may use fireclaws & rabies sometimes. Also your point there is correct, but try to bite clay golems only if it is a last chance effort since it will end up slowing you like a slow target item, then leaving you very vulnerable. On bonewalls I do enjoy infecting them. It is also a very good strategy like you said to bite the lowest defense character. Not only can they be neutral to your enemies but they can also plague them and spread your disease! After about 10 games of dueling atleast one person in each game has always told me it was the coolest thing they have ever seen. I'm sure there will be many many more rabies druids to come.

3. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Very good, that's exactly what I do.

Another thought I've been having is maybe getting some bonewall/prison charges and casting them/infecting them in order to hit those teleporters. Although I haven't tested on allied bonewalls/prisons YET.

4. ReallFugitive

Sorry but I don't think you can infect your own prisons? I think you already knew that.

Oh yeah I've run across several characters that my rabies did little to diddily squat to, mainly because of sandstorm trek boots. What would be the best way to improve damage agianst those types of resist stackers? Plague bearer 5/5 psn facet & lidless wall 5/5 psn facet?

5. Forksup31

When I do diddly squat with my 36-37k rabies (rarley), I just use my fury skill as I am a hybrid....With a lvl like 28 fury, and a CPBoQ I do enough damage to hold my own against those rare cases, but remember you can't win 'em all :)

6. ReallFugitive

Well I could go into firebear mode and kill them in a couple hits but its so much easier letting rabies do the killing :p

7. Forksup31

Yeah I know what you mean, except for really vital or hard duels I just infect 'em and run around 'em till I they die....I switch to fury if they complain that it's BM...

8. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

interesting tips. i think i might use em cuz i just made my own fury/rabies druid. :D

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I have been talking about minion biting for a while. Not the first one though I guess :D One of them tore my druid up before I realized I shouldn't tele.

10. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

weird, i tried to bite a bonewall while a necro is in it. it didn't rabify the old man ...

11. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

the more i fight vs good duellers the more i realize how powerfull melee dmg is because you cant be immune to it... any elemental attack you can sport abs gear and resist gear to be immune...

fury /rabies is what im thinking too.. have fury setup on one weapon switch and rabies weapon on the other.

:)
    thnx
    stef

12. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

what if they have mad psn res?
    what if the necro barricades YOU in the bonewalls and then fires bonespears/spirits at you? even if you manage to bite the bonewalls, and infect the necro, he's usually got good psn res...
    Trappasins usually have mad res... so rabies doesn't always work well...
    I have killed 2 fireball sorcs and a pally with rabies (at once... it was fun)... they called me "BM Rabies noob"
    sorcs are hard as hell to infect, unless they're not expecting it (fireball sorcs for example... 2 fireballs and ur dead... unless you have mad res and absorb, they usually don't expect that)
    zons are rabies magnets... one bite = dead zon...
    basically what i'm saying is that a rabies/fury wolf can't always win... but it's a lot of fun trying... sorcs are easy with the proper gear, but necros... i still haven't figured out how to beat them...

13. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

poison length reduction doesnt normally work with rabies. You should 'make' it work.
    as for how, I will explain soon with the update of my guide.

by the way, rabies is still powerful against max poison resists. Just doesn't do 5k dmg.