a few questionss

nikstone

Diabloii.Net Member
a few questionss

1. What is a "white" item?

2.Can crafted items or runewords be upgraded via the horadric cube, like for example, an exeptional runeword item into elite version of that item?

3.If you have a weapon with mf, do you actually have to make the killing blow with that weapon to receive the mf bonus, or is it enough to have the weapon equipped while killing a monster with some spell?

4. Is there a list about wich socketed items are good to keep for runewords or could some expert point them out?!

Thanks for answering my noobish questions.

Deekins says: Oh boss, I didnt know you such a noob, Deekin thinks he might leave you... but Deekin has good heart so he stays :innocent:

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
nikstone said:

2.Can crafted items or runewords be upgraded via the horadric cube, like for example, an exeptional runeword item into elite version of that item?

3.If you have a weapon with mf, do you actually have to make the killing blow with that weapon to receive the mf bonus, or is it enough to have the weapon equipped while killing a monster with some spell?

4. Is there a list about wich socketed items are good to keep for runewords or could some expert point them out?!

Deekins says: Oh boss, I didnt know you such a noob, Deekin thinks he might leave you... but Deekin has good heart so he stays :innocent:

1: By white items u might be talking about the old hacked items from 1.09 on the realms. There where rings and gloves and such that had white writing and really hacked out bonuses like 95% absorb all...95 % life leech ....huge bonuses to strength and other stuff like that.

2) not sure :)

3) the wep only has to be equiped..u dont have to use it to kill.

4) check the rune words on this page http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/index.shtml

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
1. An item with a white name (ie. non-magical, non-socketed, non-ethereal).

2. No, they're considered seperate classes of item.

3. MF is checked at time of monster death, so any means of killing stuff will work.

4. Not really... it's mostly personal preference. The best 4-socket armours are Gothic Plate (low-level) and Dusk Shroud (high-level) due to their low Strength requirements.

"Uh... boss? Deekin sees dead people..."

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
1- A white item would be for example a plain white mask. So it's just a non magic, rare, unique, set, socketed or ethereal item.

2- I don't think so.

3- No if you have it currently equiped you can kill with spells if you have a sorc or anything else, your merc kills also count your mf and his when calculating.

4- Well this one is a bit harder but some of the more valuable ones are 3-4 socket Archon Plate, 6 socket ethereal berserker axe and ethereal 4 socket paladin shields with good resistances as well as the normal 3 socket masks.

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member
xxsteelxx said:
1: By white items u might be talking about the old hacked items from 1.09 on the realms. There where rings and gloves and such that had white writing and really hacked out bonuses like 95% absorb all...95 % life leech ....huge bonuses to strength and other stuff like that.

2) not sure :)

3) the wep only has to be equiped..u dont have to use it to kill.

4) check the rune words on this page http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/index.shtml
a white item may also be a regular piece of equipment like a Cracked Sash where the writing on it is white

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
nikstone said:

1. non-magical, non-socketed items. Unless you were on the realms towards the end of .09, then they were hacked and duped items. Haven't heard of them showing up in 1.10 yet, but i don't play in pubbies, trade or pay much attention to them anymore.

2. no

3. no, it is enough to have it equipped when you kill with a spell.

4. Don't know of any list, sorry.

jrichard