Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few questions

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Lanello, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Lanello

Lanello IncGamers Member

A few questions

Greetings:
    I'm on my 3rd HC twinked (no trade GoMule extended stash) paladin of the frost zealot variety.

The last two both died in Act 4 NM, and my new character is in Normal Act 5.

My current build is the following:
    3 socket helm with flawless topaz
    Angelic Set (amulet, 1 ring and armor)
    Malice Flail
    Ancient Pledge Shield
    Nagelring
    Rare Belt
    Boots from a set that give 40% faster walk/run

My merc is a defiance Act2.

I have 100%OW, but I'm really missing CB. So, I've decided to craft a set of blood gloves and blood belt, and to make a black weapon to go along with them. I'm looking for a suitable weapon to make it. On my last character that died, I lost an "Honor" war sceptor which seemed to be nearing the end of its usefulness in Act 4 NM. Should I make another one?

I've realized that I may have made a big mistake that could have contributed to the death of my two previous toons. Namely, I was running instead of walking. When infector's pack hit me, I was probably running at the time and was thrown into recovery mode and quickly died. At least this seems like a possiblity to me.

How critical is it for a pally to be mindful not to "run" around monsters?

Another area that I like feedback on is what I should be aiming for as my next weapon. Another Honor, black or malice in a better weapon?

I'd like to shoot for Duress as an armor that I can make at some point in NM. Rhyme too btw.

Anyway, that's where my head is right now. Any words of advice are appreciated.
    Peace,
    Lanello