Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tempest198, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Tempest198

Tempest198 IncGamers Member

A few questions

Hi all. I have a few more questions regarding paladins and zealots.

My frost zealot is 50'something now and I got lucky enough to find a hoz on my necro (while running around naked trying to rebuild my army too), which is pretty much his only good item. Except for gloams, casters haven't been too bad with max resists (psn is at like 69%, the rest 75), and my char has been doing great, but hell is likely gonna be a whole other story...

Now my question is, for hell, will 75 resist be enough, or do you really want absorb or closer to 95 max resists? Guardian Angel definitely looks like a very nice choice for armor there (not to mention I'd have max block with like 100 dex at 85), but I'm afraid I'll never be able to get my resists high enough then. I don't have 3+ spare um's lying around to um my shield/armor/helm (my hoz is pdiamond atm), so the only way I can see myself getting resists up is charms and ammy/rings, but I depend on my jewelry for my ll/ml atm, and there's no telling how long it'll take before I gamble a leech+resist ammy...

I eventually plan to use this guy to kill dclone, so I imagine having 90 (with guardian angel) as max resists (+ absorb from dwarf star and tgods) will be very important. I'm just not sure how to get there, outside of a ton of charms.

My second question is relating to zeal. Using zeal without fana, using the table on this site, I would be at 5 frames using a heaven's light? If I 2x shael it and get 5% more IAS somewhere else I'd hit 4 frames? For that matter, is it worth putting 2x shael to hit 4 frames? The only attack frame calculator I ever worked with is the druid fury one, and for that one weapon IAS was much much more important than equipment IAS (equipment IAS barely made a difference), I'm not sure if that's the same for paladin or not.

2. Day

Day IncGamers Member

You can still use Guardian Angel and wait for the Um.

I think 75% is fine in hell generally. Its worth putting some lightning absorb when you are in Baal's palace in hell - those super Gloams (black Spriits?) are deadly otherwise. I put on Blackthorn's visage - i think its called with 20% absorb.

Here's your table for a plain vanilla mighty sceptre -obviously you start wih 20%.

Settings
    Character Paladin
    Weapon Mighty Scepter / Mächtiges Szepter
    Skill Standard
    IAS Frames per attack Attacks per second
    0 % 14 1.7
    9 % 13 1.9
    19 % 12 2
    32 % 11 2.2
    54 % 10 2.5
    86 % 9 2.7
    152 % 8 3.1

For a Paladin WIAS and IAS can simply be added up (its druids and Barbs where it matters)

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

U will reach lev 90 by doing baal runs! If u cant kill/ lack resist stay away from monsters that spawn before baal. Leech exp by helping the party with slowing monsters with HF aura! U will need to do a lot of baal runs to achieve lev 90!

the rest has day explained! By the way i put in my heavens light 1 shael and on eth rune! I use a blessed aim merc hired in hell mode (increases my AR). If u need more ias there are 3 possibilities: Laying of hands (20 ias), Lava ghout (20 ias + enchant) or crafted blood gloves with 20 ias and crushing blow, life leech and more.

I suggest you use highlords and goreriders as well! You can try using Duress too (if u have an um rune)! Nice armor with CB on it and open wounds!

For DC you will need GA if you cant get Chains of honor! Try increase your resists by using small charms.

/Dec

4. Day

Day IncGamers Member

oops wrong table.

Settings
    Character Paladin
    Weapon Mighty Scepter / Mächtiges Szepter
    Skill Zeal
    IAS Frames per attack Attacks per second
    0 % 7 3.5
    20 % 6 4.1
    63 % 5 5
    200 % 4 6.2

5. Tempest198

Thanks for the info.

Could I ask where you got the attack info from day? Would be great if I could look over the entire table and compare weapons. :)

6. Day

Day IncGamers Member

I would post a link but am not sure if its allowed as its a potential revial site?

Its an excellent calculator e.g. you can set level of fanatism as well. Also deals with the Barb and druid point.

If there is a moderator around could they confirm wether the link is allowed?

I'll see if I can figure how to do a personal mail. fr if you are ok with posting an e-mail address here I'll forward it to you.

7. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Tempest check your personal mail. regards> Day

8. Tempest198

Thank you.

9. Day

Day IncGamers Member

your welcome - good luck in hell.