Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Elvish_Legion, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

A few questions

I was wondering....

-What does it mean if it says "Item Level:99" in ATMA? I don't understand
    -The item warehouse that was hosted on this site a while back, is it "legal" to trade those items, or should I just keep those for my own personal use (Note they all have Item Level: 99, the items I have traded do not have item lvl 99, and if they do please contact me and I will replace the item ASAP)
    -Can 2 of the same finger prints EVER drop? Weither by on user or by differnt users, IE two people that clearly use two differnt games as they live in diff. areas
    -What is safe currency to trade with/for? Like on B.Net its 290s and such, what trades easy here?
    -The following have nothing to do with tradeing-
    -Is there a place I can go to get help questing?
    -Do you guys consider it "OK" or "Legit" to play using "/Players 8" command?
    -How do I host an IP game?
    -Do the maps never reset?
    -Is there a place I can duel other than B.net? (OMG I tried that and I got NK'ed over and over by some sorc using WW/Holy Shock/Something that made her feet look like fire/frenzy/orb/and some other skills)

As I'm sure you can tell it has been A LONG time since I played SP and I cannot remember a lot of it

Elvish

P.S. My Mav's Frosty is doing good, lvl 29 Act 3 playing players 8

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Ilvl 99 items can only be dropped by Hell Baal or gambled/bought by a high-level character.
    Never, ever trade 'warehouse' items (they're considered dupes). Ilvl 99 != warehouse item though - there are items which are non-warehouse with ilvl 99 (see above).
    Fingerprints are generated by a PRNG so 2 identical FPs can generate - however it is extremely unlikely that they will be on the same item type with the exact same stats, hence their use in dupe-detection.
    Don't know about currency... things are sufficiently 'rare' in SP as to not really develop into currencies. I'm pushing for El runes though :) Gems are always popular but they're not really a currency as such.

To get help questing - check out the MP thread, there may be a couple of people around who can help.
    /players x is considered legit and used widely.
    To host an IP game, select Other Multiplayer -> TCP/IP -> Host Game. If your IP address is a local one (eg. begins with 192.168.x.x) check www.whatismyip.com for your real IP.
    Maps reset when you change difficulties or host/join an MP game
    You can check out the new Duelling thread and challenge people there (it's in its infancy though so may not be highly-populated).

3. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

1) Item lvl 99 just means the item was dropped by a lvl99 monster (I'm sure someone will post more detailed math soon.)
    2) A resounding NO! Don't trade them (at least not here).
    3) Probably, but it's extremely unlikely.
    4) Here we trade items for items, no currencies here. What a concept...
    5) Try the MP thread sticky.
    6) Yes.
    7) Go to "Other multiplayer" -> TCP/IP game.
    8) Not unless you go into another difficulty than the one your char was last in.
    9) Not sure, you could check the MP games thread but I doubt much of a showing atm.

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

-Item lvl 99 means that the monster who dropped it has a lvl of 99 I believe. Only Baal and maybe a couple others have it.

-The item warehouse items should NEVER be traded and any items found by a character using those items will be considered non-tradable.

-I'm not sure but no there cannot be twice the same fingerprint except by copying or duping an item.

-There isn't any really, really hard to find TC87s are your best bet probably since people often need them for Grailing

-The multiplayer thread I guess since you can team up with other players

-Yes you can use /players x command without fear

-It is in other multiplayer on the first screen under Bnet. Choose TCP/IP and host game. The IP address you see is the one you post in the multiplayer thread so others can join.

-Recently there has been a dueling thread that has come up. Go there or maybe someone else can give you more info.

Hope this helps

Edit: Dang third fastest or slowest depending on how you see it :xmad:

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

item level 99 means that its from the item warehouse or dropped by hell baal.

the items from the warehouse is labled as dirty and hacked so dont think of trading them.

there is a chance of mayby 1 in 1000 billion that 2 of the same items from diff persons have the same fingerprints.

there is no currency you trade for the items you want and give people what they want.

blizz added the /players command so i say its legit to the core.

to host a ip game just go to other mp (note never go to open bnet) click on host and post the ip addres ín the mp thread so others can join.

the maps reset when you join a tpc/ip game or go from tex nightmare to hell.

there should be a duel thread here on the forum by now

for help on question the mp thread is your best bet

6. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Ok thank you guys for your help, I dont wanna get banned agian so Im trying to becareful with my trades *makes sure to label his warehouse items WAREHOUSE NO TRADE in folder* , yes I learned not to go to open, lvl 99 smiter shell from 1.09 got owned...hard, prolly some of the best smite gear around it was sad. I'll try that hosting an IP addy one of these days to get some help (I'm still betting diablo > my frosty though she does pretty good damage, and if you guys are intrested ill keep you posted on her)

Elvish

7. buster

buster IncGamers Member

Elvish,

Spook_Cell mentioned it in his response, but just to reiterate, not only are the item warehouse items not valid for trading (that's a no brainer) but if you choose to use any of those items on your characters, anything that that character finds would be considered tainted as well. So if you plan on being a part of the SP trading community it's not enough to just put those items in a "no trade" folder. It's better to put them in a "no use" folder. You can still open it up and look at them from time to time though, but that's about it.

8. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Or feel free to test characters with them, but if you put them on your 'real' chars at all, you should rollback that char to the point where you equipped that item.

Welcome back, great to see you want to go legit and fit in here :thumbsup:

9. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

That what I'm doing with em, seeing the "Best" Gear for each build, then going off and taking my super duper mf chars (Java zon for cows, trap sin for when im lazy, barb for trav, and sorc for pit and act 1) and just trying to find the items i need, or valueable items and then trying to trade for the items I want/need. I found all off mavs from running baal with my proto-type hammerdin MF'er so I'm very excited about that, also found trang's helm (x2) and armor (x1) both are useful If I ever make a necro I guess. Thank you guys for all your support and putting up with my noobish questions, this really is a very friendly forum, shame I started on the wrong foot last go round, this time will be better.

Elvish

10. Starving Poet

Starving Poet Member

Well if two fingerprints were to be the same then they would have to have exact stats as it is the factors of the fingerprints that define what the mods are of the item. I had a reverse calculator in one of my access programs a while back, but I quit that job and forgot to take it off my work computer. :)

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That's not required, two different item types can have the same fingerprint, but have different stats. The odds are higher than 1 in 8 billion, not very likely eh?

12. flying_dug0ng

flying_dug0ng IncGamers Member

Well, if ya already have the item pack, why do you still need to trade? :teeth:

Unless if it doesn't contain runes/sets, then never mind me :uhhuh:

13. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

'Cause I wanna take pride in finding/trading for all my gear like I did on realm, I know it takes lots of time, but how many of us can remember the joy when our first excep or elite unique droped? I can hell I can remember what it felt like when my first B. Snap fell (perfect none the less haha)

Elvish