Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a few questions to do with a skellimancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Deaths Jaws, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

a few questions to do with a skellimancer

i am building a Fishymancer (going by nightfish guide).

i am currently level 68ish i think and am starting to consider what erminant runewords i should have/use on us west ladder.

i have enigma for my necro now and am saving up for more.

i also have an Oath and read somewere that u can keep the aura in effect even if you switch weapons. can somone please tell me how this works as it will be very helpful.

i am consideringg using either the Oath or makling a Beast zerker/weapon for the nice aura and am going to be using a humoc as the shield (arm and humoc for summoning switch)

now for my merc im thinking of getting Pride eth Cryptic Axe for the other damage boosting aura (he is a might merc also). for armour im unsure and am settling with Lion Heart for the resists and stats more than anything else and a vamp gaze. i want to make Fort armour for him and keept the vamp for LL.

now i want to know: do all the damage increacing auras stack? and if so HOW do they actually stack (of course its all added onto the skellies base damage but how?) the auras im meaning are: Might, Fanat, Conc, HotW aura.

thanks in advance guys and sorry if this has been rehashed to death but i really would like to know and couldnt find any toerh infot hat would help.

thanks

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

The HOW from Oath stays active after switch when u equip a wisp projector ring which also has HOW charges. Gix has a Commandomancer guide so you could look that up.The best summon switch is actually a AOKL+ 3/3 Raise Skelly/Skelly Mastery 'Splendour' necro head, +3 boneflame or Golemlord with nice automods/skills magical heads :p Cheap yet effective merc armor options could be Duriel's Shell which offers cannot be frozen/resists and life. A 'Ral' Andy Helm also has in built leech and that +2 skills boosts the level of the merc's might aura. The ias on that helm may also help merc hit faster fpa rates and its best to check with the statistics forum regarding this :D Some in depth calculations are needed to determine final damage/life of skellies in hell with all that auras going but hoped i helped hehe

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Essentially all +%ed stacks on the base damage. Look at the skill for the skeleton warriors; it gives a total damage and a +%xxx damage. You have to subtract this +%xxx from the total to get the base damage of the skeletons; then you just add all the +%xxx (including the one from the skill) and apply that to the base damage.

For a might merc, the level of his aura is (clvl-15)/4. +Skills add to this as usual.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Just to add, there are a few threads that show how to calculate the damage for your minions. I know I've made a few myself.