A few questions about smiter.

theBizz

Diabloii.Net Member
A few questions about smiter.

Hi there. I'd like to hear your opinion about:

1) what weapon do you prefer for your smiter? Im thinking of doom ba ( mainly for aura ) or astreons ( for crushing blow/slow target mod )

2) what armor to put on? "classic" coh or fortitude? I used coh all the time but now thinking of possible 300% ed from forti. Will it increase smite dmg much or better to give it up?

3) Shall i try to max slow target or crushing blow? Im thinking of max slow if i choose astreons cuz i can use clew's gloves.

Would be great to hear your opinion tnx. :smiley:

Ce Olba

Banned
theBizz said:
Hi there. I'd like to hear your opinion about:

1) what weapon do you prefer for your smiter? Im thinking of doom ba ( mainly for aura ) or astreons ( for crushing blow/slow target mod )

2) what armor to put on? "classic" coh or fortitude? I used coh all the time but now thinking of possible 300% ed from forti. Will it increase smite dmg much or better to give it up?

3) Shall i try to max slow target or crushing blow? Im thinking of max slow if i choose astreons cuz i can use clew's gloves.

Would be great to hear your opinion tnx. :smiley:
1) Grief
2) Enigma
3) Neither.

As for why: Grief adds the most smite damage, Enigma gives you huge mobility and telesmiting. As for slows target or crushing blow, both are pretty useless in PvP.

theBizz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ce Olba said:
1) Grief
2) Enigma
3) Neither.

As for why: Grief adds the most smite damage, Enigma gives you huge mobility and telesmiting. As for slows target or crushing blow, both are pretty useless in PvP.
1) hm.. never actually tried grief.. What the dmg will be than? approx?

2) well i agree, cuz of massive bonewalls from necs but what about resi? Even if i manage to get 40+ resi vortex or kurast exile will it be ok on hell?

3) but why? maybe cb isnt so important, but slow target?

Ce Olba

Banned
theBizz said:
1) hm.. never actually tried grief.. What the dmg will be than? approx?

2) well i agree, cuz of massive bonewalls from necs but what about resi? Even if i manage to get 40+ resi vortex or kurast exile will it be ok on hell?

3) but why? maybe cb isnt so important, but slow target?
1) It will make your damage into ~5000 or so.
2) You shouldn't use massive pc sks, but some life/resistance scs. Also telesmiting is good vs. Hammerdins and BvCs.
3) CB does barely any damage and slows target% is not needed in 99.9% of the duels.

theBizz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ce Olba said:
1) It will make your damage into ~5000 or so.
2) You shouldn't use massive pc sks, but some life/resistance scs. Also telesmiting is good vs. Hammerdins and BvCs.
3) CB does barely any damage and slows target% is not needed in 99.9% of the duels.
Well, will try if i manage to get grief x-X Tnx for help/suggestions.

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm smiters can do more than 5k infact a smiter can hit 9-10k dmg but pretty much with everything else is right, although slow items are used in smite vs smite, i.e clegs etc to gain a potential edge.

High Lord Bunbun

Diabloii.Net Member
Just so you don't freak out, the grief damage won't display. It will say you are doing something wimpy like 1 or 2k damage when in fact you are doing 5k easy, probably more unless your gear is very low and without charms. Don't worry, it's been tested plenty and all, so you really do get the high damage with Grief, the display is known to be buggy, this is one of the bigger problems with it.

theBizz

Diabloii.Net Member
High Lord Bunbun said:
Just so you don't freak out, the grief damage won't display. It will say you are doing something wimpy like 1 or 2k damage when in fact you are doing 5k easy, probably more unless your gear is very low and without charms. Don't worry, it's been tested plenty and all, so you really do get the high damage with Grief, the display is known to be buggy, this is one of the bigger problems with it.

Didnt know that tnx. And what charms are the best for smiter than?

Ce Olba

Banned
theBizz said:
Hm.. :scratch: And any max dmg? Or they are useless for smiter?
Taken from the Strategy Compendium:

Ragnarod said:
Things that work with smite:

Crushing blow
Chance to cast something on striking
Hit blinds target
Hit freezes target
Open Wounds
Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
+Damage modifier on the Redeemer (unique Mighty Scepter) and Astreon's Iron Ward (unique Caduceus)
Curses such as Life Tap, Amplify Damage...

Things that won’t work with smite:

Life or Mana leech
Deadly Strike
Elemental Damage
+Max/Min Damage
So as you can see, +max/min damage does not help Smite at all.