Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few questions about javazons

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Blind568, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Blind568

Blind568 IncGamers Member

A few questions about javazons

Well, I decided to quit my bowazon yesterday and start a new javazon. As of now, Im level 40 with really crappy gear (I just started playing D2 after a 6 month break 2 days ago), with level 10 LF and 1 in all prereqs, as well as 1 point in pierce, and 1 in all of the evasion skills. Well, what I am planning on doing is maxing LF, but I dont know what other skill to get to kill lightning immunes. One idea is to get plague/poison jav and use plague jav to kill the LIs. I have a question about it though... does it stack with itself? If it stacks with itself I can see it being really really good, especially with pierce and all and it going off more than once per through. That would result in nearly 18k damage over 10 seconds with just 1 spear thrown assuming max plague/poison jav and 2 pierces in a row. Not to mention, after a few seconds I can throw another and just stack another 18k on there. However, if it doesnt stack, then that makes my character a whole lot crappier with PJ, and I dont know if Id want to use it. As of right now I havent invested in it other than 1 point for a prereq... Ive got 22 skill points saved. Can anyone confirm whether or not PJ stacks with itself?

Also, how should I go about killing single monsters? I am planning on doing MF runs on mephisto and baal eventually too, so I need a way to kill single strong mobs. Ive heard charged strike is good, but at level 20 it just adds 1-313 damage per hit, which seems really crappy considering id just be doing like 500 damage with it per hit, where as if I just used a bow I could be doing 4 times that easier per shot.

2. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

It cannot stack..you gotta max synergies for any elemental skill to be good basically, so if you want Charged Strike go with 20 LF, 20 CS, 20 PS, 20 LS...the rest you put into passives. So you're pure lightning which I think is just awesome...

3. Blind568

Blind568 IncGamers Member

Well I want this to be a good all around character, so I dont want to go lightning only - I want to be able to kill LIs. Since this is the case, what should my other skill be to kill the LIs? I dont know if I should get plague jav or not, Im not too sure how good it is. Is it my best option for killing LIs? Or is there something else?

4. davedii

davedii IncGamers Member

Just started mine last week now lvl 82. max LF, 1 to jab, 1 in the other lightning skills to bump LF damage up. I use ETH titans and have 90% ias + goreriders+Bloodgloves+ jab = dead boss really fast. I LF packs and pick the others off with jab. if i come on to PI guys then i change over to powerstrike to convert pdamage to lightdamage and jab them too.

LF zon imho is all in the skill,pierce and gear.

5. jren

jren IncGamers Member

if you have LF maxed and Charged strike maxed,

Charged Strike owns Meph faster that you can say this sentence. (both ways):thumbsup:

ps: jab works for LI's. But if you are just going to meph run most of the time, i dont think you have to worry bout LI's that much. (diablo runs can cause a problem with grand v. who is LI)

6. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

I agree... Charged Strike Owns bosses... Unless they're LI.... I'm lvl 75 and still in NIghtmare... but i'm heavily Lightning...

Maxed:
    CS
    LF

Other skills:
    I put a lot into Lightning Strike for synergy to LF and CS.
    Valkrie got most of the others.
    One point in each Passive and Magic Skill i think
    1 point in Jab

So far for lightning immunes the Valkrie/Merc do a good job at whitlling them down... Then i usually switch from using Charged Strike and Lightning Fury to Jab and Plague javelin. it isn't as pretty but believe me. it gets the job done.

I haven't got very many points into Plague, but with plus skills it's up around 6 or so. plus skills ought to do enough, However if you want a more balanced character put more into poison and plague.

I've yet to test it out, but my primary purpose with my Javazon was for doing magic find.

7. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Cookie cutter build is 20 LF, 20 CS, 20 Poi Jav, 20 Plague, the rest to taste. Some Valk, 1 each in other passives and 1 in jab. LF does not need synergies but CS as said is The killer of non light immune bosses.