Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few questions about CB and damage reduction

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by freefree, Sep 26, 2006.

1. freefree

freefree IncGamers Member

A few questions about CB and damage reduction

1: The percentage of CB, is that the chance that you'll take 1/4 of a monsters life away, or does it effect how much you'll take away, like adding %damage?

2: Does damage reduction effect damage caused by iron maiden, say I was to pile on the damage reduction could I pretty much nullify the damage from IM?

3: also about WW I believe I heard somewhere that all the damage you recieve and all the leeching you do doesn't take effect until you stop spinning, So could I pack on life leech and absorb enough to save me from IM?

4: with leeching % does the percent mean 5% of the monsters total life, or is it 5% of the total physical damage you cause?

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

1. It will not affect the percentage you will take away per hit, except by altering the average of crushing blows over a time.
    2. It does, but you cannot negate it when you hit a monster, because your damage is multiplied by 10. Then you reduce it by 50%, so it's still multiplied by 5.
    3. Incorrect. The damage only shows up after you stop. Leech shows up at any given time during WW.
    4. It leeches the percentage of total damage you deal after all reducements (damage reduce, possible PvP penalty, difficulty penalties). And it's only from physical damage.

3. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

I read somewhere here that CB decreases the remaining life of a monster by a %. And, Champions, normal monsters, uniques, and bosses have a different % (like 10% or 6.3% -- can't remember the exact percentages) that can be taken away by CB.

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

25% on real monsters, 12.5% vs. Champion. Mind you, that's from current life, not full life, so CB's effective damage decreases the more times it triggers.

5. RibGriller

I'm not sure what to believe now cause I'll quote Rikstaker's WW guide here:

Crushing blow removes x% of the remaining life of a target immediately after a successful ar check & before the final damage is dealt on the target. The percentage of life removed depends on the nature of the target:

Default: 1/4th
    -vs. Players: 1/10th
    -vs. Hirelings: 1/10th
    -vs. Champions, Uniques, Bosses: 1/8th.

Is this outdated info?

6. RibGriller

Sorry, couldn't edit in my last post in time. Plz ignore it cause what Ce Olba and Rikstaker said are the same freakin' thing. :laugh: Doh!