Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a few question on crown of ages

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by godzilla99s, Jun 18, 2005.

1. godzilla99s

godzilla99s IncGamers Member

a few question on crown of ages

i have a 21 all res 12 reduced damage coa with 2 sockets.
    Number 1 i have a lightning fury zon, i already have ok dr and am looking for damage,whats the best runes,jewels to enhance my damage....Or would a facet and a cham rune work? allowing me to rid myself of ravenfrost and get extra skill with soj?
    I currently use a dream helm and on the stats it seems to add 500 or 600 to my physical damage on L fury,,,wouldn't that be better than the coa? and lastlymmm would griffons with facets beat out both? i think the dream damage onto the physical part is hard to beat,, it makes my phys damage go to 3300 and at level 42 or 43 my lf damage is around 2400 or so,,, thanks ..............

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Uhh, dream doesn't give you physical damage, it gives lightning damage through the holy shock aura.

I'd say faceted griffons would beat the hell outta those, who cares about physical damage! Lightning fury beats the hell outta cows anyway. Mercenary would handle the occasional lightning immune boss.

Anyway I thought Crown of Ages was a indestructible magic crown! :lol:

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The added damage from Dream isn't physical at all, it is lightning as well. It just shows at the LCS together with your other damage. I mean, try adding a +100 poison damage charm, and watch your "physical" damage go up by exactly 100...

Griffon's with a facet would indeed beat both. With skill levels that high, you're looking for more -enemy resist, because that pays off much more. Trading for an Infinity polearm for your merc (assuming you're not currently using one) would speed up things quite a bit. If you have a Cham, this shouldn't be a problem getting.

BTW, what belt are you using? We had a discussion some time ago, and found that the piercing on Razortail makes for much more damage against crowds *cough* I mean cows than the +3 LF from TGV.

4. godzilla99s

godzilla99s IncGamers Member

i know

i know the damage from the dream is lightning, i'm not stupid, i was saying that it adds t0 the physical part of damage,,,as in it adds lightning damage to that rather than directly onto the LF,,, my belt is tgods, my level of pierce is 18, which is pretty decent.
    I'm crushing monsters on hell and can't do a baalrun myself easily with my merc and a valk,I', just looking at something different as well.that 600 lightning damage Added top me seems to make a difference,but maybe i'm not correctly looking at the way L fury works. What do you mean phys damage means nothing? its the only thing that helps you kill L immunes,, even if you have infinity on your merc,it still speeds up the killing rate of monsters other than cows.
    I take it a griffon is as spendy as a coa, i wonder how many runes i'd have to part with to get one of those beasts...lol

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

From what I understand, infinity breaks most monster's lightning immunity - and then the -res on Griffon's and whatnot will further drop that. Physical damage truly isn't important to a lightning zon, believe me... unless you focus your build around it, it simply doesn't add up quite as nicely as all those bolts.

As for belts... I have a cowazon. If you are planning to do cows with your LF zon, you should be using razortail. Level 18 peice = 83% chance. You would have been much better off aiming for level 8/9, for 65 or 69% peirce from skills, and letting the 33% on razortail hit 99 or 100. Saves points, which can be thrown into damage, which can turn around and be thrown about cows and crowds MUCH more effectively as it peirces each and every one of them. Potentially hurling 30 more bolts for each one that it passes through. Keeping in mind 83% means 1 in every 5 enemies is stopping your jav... my cowazon rounds up a herd, hurls her javs through 20 cows, releasing 30 + bolts per connect. I think I'm doing just a LITTLE more damage.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

What makes you think Dream adds to physical damage ?

Regarding LF, physical damage means nothing with respect to the child bolts. Only the targets hit by the javelin itself suffer physical damage plus the lightning damage Holy Shock adds to attacks while the child bolts just deal lightning damage from LF.