Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Few PvP Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

A Few PvP Questions

I have a various questions on PvP so I thought to clump them together in one post:
    1. I’ve heard that ww sins can’t die when they are in ww, is that also true for barbs?
    2. If I try to use Berzerk on an opponent but they have more r/w, will I actually land a hit on them?
    3. Teleport is banned but is ctc teleport on the Occulus also banned?
    4. What is the average probability of charge lock, 1 in 10?
    5. Does Dragon Talon always knock back player opponents or is it a % like some monsters?
    6. Does Mind Blast always hit, ie. Knockback and swirlies?
    7. With terrible FBR and FHR, how do non-tele windies actually win matches?

2. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

1. They will die at the end of the ww.
    2. No
    3 You can use occulus
    4. Charge lock only happen when you're stunned/blocked while charging or when HS wears off while charging.
    5. Dunno
    6. Yup
    7. They own pretty much every melee and can do well against caster with enough FR/w

3. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Can answer only 2 Q:

1.Yes but if you are out of life(while ww'ing) you'll die at the end of ww.
    2.You don't have to lock them with berserk ,(unless their speed is low) you have to be accuarate with it, berserk skill is kinda difficult to use but i like it becouse of it's nice KO thingy ;)

edit:I'm a slow writter

4. Zhao_Yue

Oops, I think I meant having charge broken rather than charge lock. I believe charge lock is when you are stuck in place and you can do a weapon switch to fix that. Breaking your charge is where you can't charge anymore and must re-enter the game to get it back.

I'm just curious of the odds because I see it very rarely when dueling paladins.

5. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Mind if a highjack and ask a question?

Is there any xp lost to a pvp death?

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

you dont lose xp when someone else kills you

the charge break is random as far as I can tell. Sometimes it happens to me 5 times a day, other times once a week.

7. Sleepless

Well, i have a decent experience with charging pally. Here are my conclusions : Charge break either when:

1. You die while charging.
    2. Holyshield wears off while charging.
    3. You get stunned while charging (shouldn't happen but charge is kinda buggy)

Edit: If you're building a PvP char, PM me when it will be complete. My liberator want fresh meat :p

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

I'll take some left overs :)

1, yeah they die
    2, it also depends on your playing skill, your range and your timing. Generally if you namelock someone who is faster then you, you won't hit.
    3, occy is good. You'll see you want to swap it because of the teleport anyway.
    4, it happens way too much. Getting stuck may also appear when switching skills during your charge (to smite or zeal or something), getting hit big time (putting you in hit recovery animation) or desynch by puddles orso. The problem with charge is... you want to catch those heavy hitters with it, but they're also the ones that can break it.
    5, IIRC Dtalon knocks back at the last kick. Don't hold it against me though...
    6, yeah MB is lame...
    7, luck, massive damage, more dueling experience / skill then the opponent. IMO a windy can't win against a character that doesn't have to stand long beside him (like a zealot or something) since you have to run upto someone AND stand still pretty much next to him to get some hits off.
    8, No, dying in PvP will not cost you exp. :)

Building a new char are we?

9. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

I have never PVP'd. Any volunteers to join a MP game i host and "show me the ropes" (read as kill me)? I obviously dont have a dedicated PVP character, but i have a level 86 frenzy barb and a 76ish frost maiden

10. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i got so fed up whit charge, grrrrrr

we made a lil lan the other day and charge broke realy every 5th time i atacked someone. non stop reconecting... now i took his items and deleted him, got so fed up whit it

oh, and btw, i wanna build a BvC ww baba, will take it s time but i hope someone will duel me when i finished him :)

11. Zhao_Yue

A major part of my time playing is dedicatated to constructing pvp characters since that is the only think keeping my interest now. I've started many crazy builds but usually I end up scraping them because after some research I find they are not viable. (Mauler :lol: )

Actually, I'm thinking that if I build a sorc in the future that the ctc would help vs melee, so I might have a chance to get a few more shots in. It sounds silly but I want to try to have 7 pvp characters of all classes. Trying to build a pvp sorc is not easy.

I'm just hoping that Kabal's tournament won't take forever to finish so that we can start preparing for the next one. :thumbsup:

So, you have a Liberator and Tosser at your disposal eh? I must choose carefully then so that I can pwn you again.

FYI: Athena has been permanently retired so all the windies out there can now breath a sigh of relief.

12. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Sleepless and lemming break their charges every other time they duel my barb, and it's especially annoying when Sleepless is hosting.

About the windys, I think that in the tourney none of the 4 windys managed to beat a non-melee character. Unless you have some godly gear you usually won't be able to run up to a caster, corner him, and kill him with nadoes before he can take you down.

13. Sleepless

Well, I frequently post duel game in the MP thread. Just look at it when I'm last who posted ;)