Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few more question about impale

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lyndis, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

A few more question about impale

Is it true that deadly strike and critical strike can't work with Impale?

What armor would be good for an impalezon? I'm trying to decide between Chains of Honor and Stone. CoH has lots more resists, which is very necessary due to not having a shield. However, Stone has 60 FHR!! That's also very important when not having a shield.

I'm also thinking about options to deal with PI and IM. Should I go for a partially synergized Lightning Fury (use Titans on switch?) or go the poison route or even a Frozen Arrow route?

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Not sure about Deadly and Critical Strike, they should work. If they don't, that just shows you how messed up and broken Impale is.

Honestly, if you want a melee 'zon, Jab is more powerful at slvl 1 than Impale at 20, simply because of its 3 quick hits, allowing for any Crushing blow, magic or elemental damage to be applied thrice as well as the physical damage. There's a whole thread stickied about the subject in the Amazon forum.

But, if you must, CoH would be my first choice, resists will lessen the chance you'll be put into hit recovery, life leech and +dmg% to demons/undead improve your survivability too.

BTW are you using spears or javelins? An EBotD Mat. Spear/Pike would rock. Another 70% IAS on top of EBotD Mat. Spear (130% total IAS) would result in a 19 frame Impale, almost fast enough to be viable... almost.

Javelins wont get much faster than 20 frames without serious IAS gear either.

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Here's my theoretical setup right now.

I'll use a eBotd Matriarchal Spear. With a Faith merc giving me Fanaticism aura, and Botd having 60 ias, I can reach a 16 frame Impale with a Laying of Hands, Nosferatu's coil, and a Vamp Gaze/Rockstopper socketed with a 15% ias/15 res all jewel. Alternatively I can go with a Stealskull socketed with that 15/15 jewel, and use a Verdungo belt to reach 16 fpa.

I like the idea of a "Stone" armor for the amazing FHR (and having a clay golem to tank is nice too). Unsure about the boot choices. Natalya's are an obvious mid-level choice, but maybe Waterwalks for the dex and HP bonus, and I'll use lots of resist all sc (that also have FHR) to make up for crappy res.

4. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Also, which do you think is a better combo? Vamp Gaze + Nosferatu or Stealskull + Verdungo?

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

They don't, Impale is that broken.

6. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

...alright...that puts a damper on my idea to wear Highlord's Wrath for lots of DS.

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I don't know about anyone else, but that fact would put a damper on the entire build idea for me... not that I could even get past the idea of maxing Impale before laughing histerically.

I wouldn't bother with ranged attacks; that seems to go against the theme of the build. Just use something like a set of white Maiden Javalin (or a white Maiden Spear) with +3 jav/spear on switch to cast maxed Charged Strike.

8. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

*sigh*Maybe I'll try Fend...

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Fend is bugged too. If you go into hit recovery, or dodge/avoid activates, or you block an attack, the fend cycle is interrupted at the server side but continues at the client. In other words you see yourself attacking, while you're doing nothing.

I'm not against melee amazons, it's just that Blizzard isn't making it easy for them.

10. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

I think fend is only affected by d/a/e. Thus, I think it is the dodge skills that are bugged, not Fend.

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nope, all animation changes force Fend to be stopped at the server. The dodge skills work fine, it's just that Fend should be uninterruptible server-side.

12. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Does that mean that it works in SP? And MP?

13. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

In SP your computer is both server and client. And you still only see the clients side.

14. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Is this limited to Fend? People claim the same goes for Jab...
    Is it just a few skills, just a few classes or everything, that uninterruptabillity doesn't work for?
    Also, could this be 'fixed' in SP, by making them interruptable? Should be easy to mod, if that's the case.