Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A few hybrid questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sahlakh, Mar 18, 2005.

1. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

A few hybrid questions

1) I know "-enemy resistance" increases the poison lenght, but does it increase the poison damage more than "+poison damage" as well, when the enemy resistance is already in the negatives?

2) Enigma or Bramble, that's a tough question. At the moment I'm leaning to bramble, because the aura is great for skellies, fhr, res and of course more poison damage. Tele would be neat, but I think I would need to change gear to tele with reasonably frames (> 45% fcr or even more?). Is 20% fcr from trang gloves enough to cast nova, summon and curses?

3) Clay golem for slowing, or Iron golem from insight runeword? Experiences how ofter IG dies with decent amount of skills/disappears is needed.

4) One point into revive, or dump those skill points needed to get revive into SM?

Thanks.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1.. Don't really know.

2. I'd go with Bramble, unless you're going to do lots of Boss runs, where Teleport is very sweet indeed, also for the magic find. 20% FCR on Trangs is enough for cursing, summoning and Poison Nova. Curses aren't that big of a problem because you only need to cast them once and so what if they are a little slow, FCR isn't really needed for summons, and Poison Nova does damage over 2 seconds so you definitely shouldn't spam it so FCR no necessary.

3. I'd go with Clay golem for sure... The slowing effect is invaluable against act bosses and very nice elsewhere..also you can position him tactically to shut down ranged/dangerous mobs... maybe even save a few points in the crow control curses..Iron golem will eventually die to Iron Maiden, and even though the runes are quite easy to get.. you might not have a stockpile of them lying around. Besides Poison Nova isn't very mana intensive... and once you got your army going, you only need to spend mana on nova and curses... just drink a potion when you're finished summoning your army.

4. 1 Point in revives with +skills is a very neat trick.. The Skeleton mastery will enhance your skellies and revives, making them both do more damage and be more durable. A lot of revives are cool...but I'd rather go with beefed up minions that are capable of a lot of damage than, many "weaker" minions.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Let us observe a Fallen. He will be called Bob. We shall grant Bob a Poison Resistance of -10%. We will now hit Bob with a Nova doing 2000 poison damage.

First we will blast Bob while wearing gear that has +25% Poison damage. So our blast will become 2500 damage. This then gets amplified by Bob's lower than average Poison resistance, making sure that Bob has to suffer 2750 poison damage.

Now we will blast Bob while wearing gear that grants -25% Enemy poison resist. Bob's already poor Poison resistance suddenly got worse. Bob will take 2700 damage. A bit less than the previous amount.

When the resistances are already negative than +% Poison damage gives the bigger boost.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

You forgot to factor in the length bonus.

(2700/2) * 2.5

Bob will take 3375 damage over 2.5 seconds.

However, in this scenario the -res will have 1350 dmg per sec, and the +% will have a superior 1375 damage per second, but the .5 seconds is a minimal waiting time for the additional damage.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart IncGamers Member

1, It depends. But generally speaking -resist is better than +dam although you can not see it from the surface. For example, if you are a poison+skeleton mancer, you can shop a lot of +3 poison nova wand. When you equit it, you can see your PN DAM is very high from the status category. But why most people prefer to the unique unearthed wand? That's because it will reduce the enemy resist to poison! It can give the effect which you can't see from the status category. And the -5/4 rainbow is much more expensive than the -4/5 one.

2, if you are a poison nova+ skeleton mancer, of course bramble would be your first choice, with beast in your hand, or unique unearthed wand.

3, slow is important.

4, no revive , thanks, or you will make other people feel lag -_______-!