Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Few General Questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Dia, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Dia

Dia IncGamers Member

A Few General Questions

I used to play ALL the time, and I do mean a lot. After almost those 2 years of waiting, I quit... about a month before the final Patch came out. I had played the beta, however. Now, I'm back into the game, and have a few general questions; any and all help is appreciated.

1. The rumored "secret set" in the patch 1.10 never came to be, correct? As in it doesn't exist.

2. Did the Act 5 Barbarian Hirelings get a new Icon for the top party bar? I swear that they used to look exactly like normal Barbarians, but my current one looks new.

3. Do the same crafting recipes that I loved (mostly for those leech rings, "Blood Rings" I believe they were called) still work? If so, were there any new crafting recipes added?

4. Was "tempering" ever enabled?

5. Can you still "upgrade" uniques? If so, are there any bugs or glitches that might make me not want to do this?

6. If upgrading is enabled, can you upgrade set pieces?

7. Why do people say Angelic Ring+Amulet are so good?

8. The "Display Aura" associated with various sets does nothing besides look cool, correct?

9. Was the Anya Reward bug ever fixed? The one where if you died, the resistances granted by the scroll would be lost until you left the game.

10. Are there any fairly major gameplay bugs I should be aware of?

Thanks =]

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

1) Correct
    2) Correct
    3) Exists
    4) No
    5) You can upgrade uniques in ladder. I heard some bug about the etheral stuff. I forget, refer to Community forum.
    6) No
    7) I don't know. Maybe for a new character.
    8) Correct
    9) I don't know, never heard of that bug.
    10) Refer to the Community or 1.10 Bug Forums.

3. Dia

Dia IncGamers Member

Thanks. I have one more question:

If I convert a standard ladder character into the expansion, he will remain ladder, correct?

4. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

5. The ethereal bug means that when you upgrade ethereal armor, it still looks ethereal but loses the inherent bonus to def from being ethereal. this means often you will end up with less defense after the upgrade which really stinks. Hopefully this will be fixed soon if it hasn't already because I have an ethereal skullders I can't wait to up.

7. People like this combo because it can provide a big boost to attack rating (the ring gets +12 AR per char lvl when paired with one other piece of the set and ammy is the best choice cause you don't want the sword or armor usually.) This helps solve the common problem with melee chars and zons who want to sacrifice dexterity for vitality and still have a decent chance to hit.

5. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

9. NO.....it wasnt. its a rare bug, not very noticible. unfortunately it completely plagued me for a period of 3 weeks when i had no idea why my pvp sorc couldnt take a hit from a fb sorc with 95% res after dying. i dont think enough attention was brought to this, because as i said it wasnt very noticible. in .09 elemental damage wasnt too high so it wasnt as big deal as now when that extra 30% res means the difference between life and death. i really really do wish blizz would have fixed this one, because i believe even with an additional + 30% res all to cover it up the res is a bit glitched in that i still appear to take more damage than neccisary.
    10. most stuff was fixed up, what comes to mind is the charge bug. i believe it goes like this. if you use charge on an opponent and they strike you as you are charging you "freeze" and become completely unable to move for a period of time. this could be from 2 seconds up to as long as half a minute ( i have personally experienced this....it sucked, i just rejoined because i ran outta healing potions -.-;. ) charge is rather glitchy by the way in other respects, for instance atleast at my computer when im dueling pvp a charger can lag me up in such a way that he is hitting me from a screen away, but everything else will be fine. (charge is insanely fast now, so it will obviously cause a few problems) one of the most annoying problems i come to experience pvm though, is black souls. yah know those little puff things that use the lightning spell. most people agree they are bugged in that they do crazy damage, and unless you have massive resist, in hell these guys will rip you in two + they have "mana drain" which is has the same effect as mana burn if they melee you.(for them atleast). thats all i can come up with off the top of my head. alot of bad stuff is fixed but theres a few new problems out there...nothign extremely bad though.