A few Answers Please

Rianna

Diabloii.Net Member
A few Answers Please

Does the Conviction aura from the rune word Infinity affect poison resistence of monsters?

Can a 5 socketed Eth Poleaxe (White) be upgraded to an Eth 5 sock Cryptic Axe?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed that 3 perfect gems turned a magic eth polaxe into a non eth magic poleaxe.

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
Im positive it lowers poison resistence on all creatures except poison immuned :lol: and im not sure whether that upgraded eth poleaxe might end up as a great poleaxe or cryptic axe.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm Conviction aura lowers target defense, fire/lightning/cold resistance if i'm not wrong as i was involved in a discussion about 'Infinity' r/w and its effects on Posion Nova for a nerco :( Lower Resist curse on the other hand lower all elemental resistances :D One cannot upgrade white text items else we have people running normal cows for war axes and crystal swords to upgrade them to beserker axes and phase blades hehe. Lastly that pgems formula rerolls the magical mods of a magical items when transmuted in the Horadic cube. According to Arreat Summit:

3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Rianna said:
Does the Conviction aura from the rune word Infinity affect poison resistence of monsters?

Can a 5 socketed Eth Poleaxe (White) be upgraded to an Eth 5 sock Cryptic Axe?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed that 3 perfect gems turned a magic eth polaxe into a non eth magic poleaxe.
Conviction only lowers defense and elemental resistances, and that does not include poison. You can only upgrade rares and uniques. The cube will never produce ethereal items. It may alter them (add sockets, change base item (upgrading)) ethereal, but never produce a new eth item.

Rianna

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes thx for te replys

But I cubed an eth magic pike with 3 p-gems and it tuned into an non eth magic pike.

Should this happen?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Rianna said:
But I cubed an eth magic pike with 3 p-gems and it tuned into an non eth magic pike.

Should this happen?
That's what Helvete said. The 3 socket recipe will always produce nonethereal items.