Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a dual wielder in distress ;( - ok not that sad but i'm at least :(

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by sJw_shan, Mar 5, 2004.

1. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

a dual wielder in distress ;( - ok not that sad but i'm at least :(

I asked a question about dual wielding in the items/stats forum, and got a nice answer http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=147366 from alainpp66, but i'm still left to wonder. I learned that when looking at your inventory screen, the left weapon slot is the primary slot for barb (ie his actual right arm/hand), and that all attack mods (ex leech, prevent monster heal etc.) will only work if they're on the weapon to the left, even when doing a two weapon attack like frenzy and ww. However if this is so, then it means that when using frenzy with two 7% health leech weapons, I will only leech 7%, because only the primary weapon can use leech? - Does this also mean that my total life leech (granted that my only life leech is coming from my two 7% weapons) on my barb is only 7%, instead of what I thought was 14%? Arg headache. the end. thanks for reading.

2. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

With frenzy the mods are used from what ever wepon hits, with ww its only the right hand and ias for DT is based only on right hand.

3. sJw_shan

So with frenzy I'll still be able to get leech from both hits, and crushing blow etc. from both weapons if both hit the enemy? -btw thanks for the quick response

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

its not stacked though.

when u hit with the right hand u get right hand mods and left gets left

5. sJw_shan

Thanks a lot man.

6. Billweed

Billweed Banned

The Bug is only for frenzy not DT (might effect DT when frenyed up but I doubt it.)
    Frenzy attack speed is based solely on the first weapon WIAS and IAS.
    So the majority of optimum setups should use different weapons from the same class, with the exception of dual scourges probably, cuz using a weapon with lower range causes misses.

Examples
    Nords Shael / Shaeffers Lo
    Fury Legend Sword / The Grandfather OH

Yes, second weapon IAS DOESN´T MATTER at all, so socket properly.
    But... there is a bug about the order u equip weapons... first equip the primary weapon in the left hand and then the secondary in the right.
    P.S. - on the bugged IAS the left hand weapon must be = or shorter range than the right hand one or you miss with the second hit just about every time. Thanks to Wiseman for this info: