Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A diary of a necromancer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Basicbhoy, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Basicbhoy

Basicbhoy IncGamers Member

As my working time is very quiet when I'm on nights (no D2 though), I thought I'd keep a record of what I've been up to with my fishymancer, Hades.

Started out on HC Act 1 Normal today with a view of playing for about two hours. As I am just returned to the game, and new to SP in general, I am totally untwinked but thankfully now have a mouse.

Started off doing full clears on p8 but decided quite quickly that would take longer than my time allowed to get thru act1 which was my goal for today. Actually surpassed that and managed to clear the sewers and get the cube in Act 2.

Andariel was the only worry as she wiped all my skellies out instantly. Quick regroup and taken care off.

No interesting drops but a a set Ammy ( I forget it's name ) with nice mana regeneration was a bonus. Bought a wand with +2 RS +1SM to give a nice boost.

After always playing sorc or hdin on bnet, this makes a real change as my necromancer has killed single figures of monsters. It's fun

Edit: hope this ok to do, feel free to comment and I'll try to keep this up to date

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Of course it's ok. We can't get enough of D2, so love to read about it when not playing ourselves.

Good luck !!

Zyr and Basicbhoy like this.
  3. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

It's been a long time since I played with a untwinked Fishymancer, but don't remember Andy or any act boss giving him trouble -they are just slow to kill without crushing blow (specially Baal). Did you use clay golem with her? That usually helps.

4. Basicbhoy

Yeah I did, it was more likely down to my error as, and I'm going to blame not playing in a while, I hadn't cleared everything out as much as I should

5. Basicbhoy

So after my Nightshift, managed to get a couple of hours played and managed to get thru Duriel. Man he's a tough SOB. Decripfy used heavily to beast him. No issues at all thru act 2 apart from chugging blue juice like it's going out of fashion and that's with rarely using CE.

The maggot lair was a pain until I uncast my skellies and let my prayer loose. Much easier

Duriel dropped my first SU (rakescar). Now trying to increase my MF with gear and topaz.

Decided to crack on into act 3 which was a mistake after a Nightshift. Started to struggle going thru flayer dungeon but eventually got to LK waypoint so I could sleep. Back on nights tonight so may manage a couple of hours tomorrow morning again and get thru act 3

ArtOfSenf and Zyr like this.
  6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

While a CG definitely helps, it's CG combined with Decrep that really shines, and makes act bosses pushovers. Pushovers which may take a while, but still :). So that's probably why Andariel was somewhat tougher: still no Decrep available. That's the reason why I usually try to hit lvl 24 with a Necro before taking on Duriel.

7. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

That's true. But summoners have an advantage against Andariel : they have a lot of corpses around at their dispossal to rebuild their army.

8. Basicbhoy

Thats where I went wrong. I missed a couple of shamen and started running out of blue pots really quickly.

Still, I lived

9. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

Another trick is chunking 2-3 antidotes before the battle to have some extra resist poison (the duration stack). And give the merc another couple of them too.

WilsonFisk, Zyr and Basicbhoy like this.
  10. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Definitely. That's a given. Well, it's probably not necessary anymore to do it for yourself later on, when you have CG, Decrep and a stronger army. But in normal, yeah.

Zyr and Basicbhoy like this.
  11. Basicbhoy

So way way too tired to play after a hectic Nightshift; 12 hours no break and not enough caffeine or cake.

Hopefully tomorrow morning for a bit as it's my last night tonight so generally try to not sleep much. If not, nothing over the weekend as it's family time.

12. Basicbhoy

So managed to get a good couple hours in this morning and all the way to RoF waypoint. No problems with Meph at all apart from a hellish map. If you get a bad Meph map, you get a good WSK one right? That's how it works.

Meph was kind enough to drop maelstrom for me so now have RS/SM wand on switch for summoning and then my new addition for amp. Need to go find HF before CS and D.

Monday before I'm back on

13. Basicbhoy

Man O Man, is Clay Golem fragile against Diablo, lost track of how many times I had cast him back. Couple of deaths for my merc from him too so a couple of TP were required but other than that, no issue. Currently about to rescue Anya and crack on Baal. Maybe tonight.

So far drop wise
    5 Uniques - Manald Heal and Stormeye being the best(???)and 8 set items. Currently at lvl34 with Max RS, 1pt in Decripfy, 1 pt into Revive (and pre req obv) one in CG and mastery and Summon resist. Everything else in SM. Have +2 summoning wand so bit of a boost. 9 skellies are pretty decent

14. Basicbhoy

So I finally managed to get back on after a hectic as hell few days at work and Hades is now a Destroyer. Have picked up a few minor set items and a Sol....also now have a PTopaz to socket in somewhere to aid MF.

Now on to NM; BTW in SP, do the commands (/) remain active when you reload the game? the /nopickup one seems to be am unsure tbh

T72on1 likes this.
  15. Disposition

Disposition IncGamers Member

All commands that are entered stay providing you keep the game opened. If you close D2 then you have to re-do the commands.

16. Basicbhoy

So a productive morning, act 1 of NM bested. A few set drops and a couple of nicer runes io and sheal.

A 4 socket superior polearm dropped as well. I am considering putting an insight into and changing my prayer Merc to might. Any thoughts? If nothing else, it will confirm if I have done rwm installation correctly

Zyr and sanguillen like this.
  17. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

Yes, make Insight in the first 4 os polearm you come across. The runes are easily farmed again in NM countess anyway.

Zyr, WilsonFisk and sanguillen like this.
  18. sanguillen

sanguillen IncGamers Member

I agree with @Baltha - Yes to both Insight and the Might merc.

19. Basicbhoy

Thanks for that, I thought that would be the case, now i spam CE for fun....

20. Basicbhoy

So my rwm installation didn't work, will need to go and look into that later. Hopefully it will register it once I fix it. Now where's that support thread again.........