A cure for Food Poisoning

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
A cure for Food Poisoning

So yea, where is it when I need it? I have not been able to keep anything but ginger ale and gatorade down for 2 days, but in my defense I was asleep for a day and half. And now I am here posting. So what do you do or eat in order to feel better and be able to walk more than 2 steps without feeling winded.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
DOC said:
So yea, where is it when I need it? I have not been able to keep anything but ginger ale and gatorade down for 2 days, but in my defense I was asleep for a day and half. And now I am here posting. So what do you do or eat in order to feel better and be able to walk more than 2 steps without feeling winded.
Whenever I get food poisoning I try and eat oatmeal along with soup. It works for me.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Nastie_Bowie said:
Chicken soup.

Have you consulted a medical proffessional?

2 days is a long time to deal with this.
One time I ate some bad Subway and I was out for 6 days, that REALLY sucked. Good thing it was during the summer.

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
Well I have beef broth but honestly that stuff makes my stomach turn even when I am feeling fine. And I have already missed a day of work and now school cause of this.

Yeah, 2 days doesn't sound like just plain ol' food poisoning to me. Only time I was ever so sick I couldn't keep food or water down for more than a day I had a really nasty flu bug and was about a day from being put in the hospital for dehydration when I finally was able to hold down little sips of Gatorade again.

Then again, I was also incapable of lifting myself off the bed for anything besides a sprint to the bathroom for about three days. Not fun.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
Yeah, 2 days doesn't sound like just plain ol' food poisoning to me. Only time I was ever so sick I couldn't keep food or water down for more than a day I had a really nasty flu bug and was about a day from being put in the hospital for dehydration when I finally was able to hold down little sips of Gatorade again.

Then again, I was also incapable of lifting myself off the bed for anything besides a sprint to the bathroom for about three days. Not fun.
I haven't been seriously ill in years. The last time I was bed ridden for more than a few days was last July when I had ankle surgery and my wisdom teeth pulled. Not only could I not talk, but I couldn't walk anyways. That really blew. Thank God for video games/movies.

DOC said:
Well I have beef broth but honestly that stuff makes my stomach turn even when I am feeling fine. And I have already missed a day of work and now school cause of this.
I SAID CHICKEN SOUP!!!

Campbell's in a can. Chicken noodle. Chicken vegetable.

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

In case you still don't understand ...

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

Beef broth is for cooking and contains a LOT of salt. Agreed on the grossness.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Nastie_Bowie said:
I SAID CHICKEN SOUP!!!

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

Chicken broth is good too, maybe not for curing food poisoning, but it's good.

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
Nastie_Bowie said:
I SAID CHICKEN SOUP!!!

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

CHICKEN SOUP!!!

Hmmm, there seems to be a point hidden in that post somewhere, but I can't find it...

Maybe I will just drive to the store and see what this is you speak of. Assuming I can find my keys, pants, car and and feet with the strength to walk that far.

greatrambino1981

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you sure it is food poisoning? I assume you have fever, ache, diareah(sp).If so there are a number of different causes, bacterial, virus, parasite, chemical. Most food poisoning symptoms start within 24 hours of ingestion. Think back to what you ate then. Then dont eat it again. As for a cure, go to the doctor to determine if it is FBI. Then inform the Dept. of Health if it came from a restaraunt.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. I'm a cook. :D