Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A couple questions from a returning newbie

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Herkimer Blades, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Herkimer Blades

Herkimer Blades IncGamers Member

A couple questions from a returning newbie

First, a little background. I bought the Diablo Battlechest a while back and played alot of D1, but never played D2. Now I have installed D2 and D2X and am thouroughly enjoying it. But I have a couple questions.

1. I have just finished Act I and am getting ready to begin Act II. Sould I stick with the mercenary I hired in Act I (Elle, the rogue) or should I drop her in favor of the mercenary available in Act II? I am very happy with her. I have outfitted her with some really nice gear (her defense and attack ratings are higher than mine) and she is doing a ton of damage with the bow I gave her. I was just wondering if the Act II merc. was better. If I let her go, I can't get her back, can I?

2. Playing on battle.net... first, I don't want to play PvP. (The first time I ever played D1 on b.net, I got PvP'ed relentlesly by a couple of grief players and that was the day that I quit playing D1 altogether) Can I find or create D2 games on b.net that I don't have to worry about PvP? I can't use my local character on b.net can I? I would have to create a whole new character, right?

I also want to add that these forums seem really great. Nice helpfull people. It is a nice change of pace to see a message forum that people are actually friendly and helpfull. Thank you. :worship:

2. Feydr

Feydr IncGamers Member

You can always recruit one of those back, but you will loose her lvlups, I'd say if you're happy with her, stick to using it.

You can ofcourse make passworded games and only invite people whom you know into your games, I played HC like that for quite a while, but its kinda boring in the long run. Eventually you will get hostiled and someone will pk you. I'd recommend you to find a clan that suits your needs and play together with them, that way you dont have to play in open games and meet all the lame folks.
    Well, you can play open bnet, but just about noone does that, and theres more hacked items then on closed bnet. Yes, you would have to make a new char there.

If I'm unclear, just feel free to ask.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

As far as mercsgo certain ones are better suited to you depending on what character type & build you are using. You may want to do some reading in the individual forums of the character you are using, I.E. Amazon Forum, Necro Forum, Druid Forum, etc,.

Also look into the Community forums as well lots of people there.

4. Herkimer Blades

Herkimer Blades IncGamers Member

Where might be the best place to find these clans that I can join?

5. Feydr

Feydr IncGamers Member

Well, these forums might be one, battle.net forums might be another place.

6. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Clans are one way to go but I find the best altogether is just playing with some random people in smaller games... every once in a while you come across someone who plays the same way you do and these are the people you want to play with. Right now my entire friends list is composed of people I met in these forums.

If you're playing on East then give me a ring, I'll start a character with ya.

You can get me on *bloomer most weekdays after 5:00pm EST and most of the time in the afternoonon weekends.

Welcome to the forums.

SPAK