Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A couple of quick questions on a Throw Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bignerdmatt, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Bignerdmatt

Bignerdmatt IncGamers Member

A couple of quick questions on a Throw Barb

Long time no see :)
    I gave up D2 a good 2 years ago, I had played since the original release and burned out.

However I had a dark secret, Ive only beaten the game ONCE. Thanks to a short ass attention span and a case of ADD, I fell in love with hardcore. Id die before I hit act 3 and start over.... again and again and again and again

Anyhow, my girlfriend who I got hooked on D2 was messing with me. "HAHAH Matt, Im going to tell all of your interweb friends how you havent beat D2 once and Ive beaten it 3 times !!"

This is an acomplishment. She is your typical girl, but fell in love with D2.

I cant let my woman have the last laugh.

One of my favorite builds was a Throwbarb... but its been so long, I have some questions.

1. Stat allocating. Should I go 2 str, 2 dex, 1 vit ? I figure I need the STR for armor and DEX for AR

2. Should I max Bash for the synergy on double swing ? If I am to use that for my back up melee skill, would it be worth it ?

3. is frenzy worth it ?

4. (in reference to #1) should I sacrifice STR to wear good armor for more AR ? Im guessing my battlecry could cover my ass somewhat.

Also, any advice ? Im the eternal D2 "noob". Ive never done a MF run, never cared much for cube recipies and overall just never been that into it. Id like to change that.

Shes out of town for a week. I have energy drinks, whiskey, digitial cable and a WHOLE TON of free time.... D2 is about to become my beeotch :)

thanks for the help.

2. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Hee hee - welcome back, man. S'ok, no shame. I will say, however, that a throw barb will dissappoint terribly - they're just that underpowered. If you want a nice cheap character you don't have to cheat with I'd suggest a Holy Shock paladin - or perhaps a Fury Druid. A Throw barb will end up getting beaten and eaten without some preium eqip - even then he'll be kinda pathetic. Let go of your nostalgia and embrace 1.10 - check out some of the guides on this site for ideas.

Good luck - and don't mix yer uppers and downers! :lol:

3. Bignerdmatt

Bignerdmatt IncGamers Member

*in his best Darth Vader voice*
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Crap crap crap. I loved Throwbarbs :(
    Ah well, Ill read around some. I had made a Hammerdin, but just wasnt "feeling him" (wait a sec...doesnt sound right...)

Thanks anyhow

4. PunkPenguin

PunkPenguin IncGamers Member

Throw barbs are still very fun builds, ive been making them for three years now but i can tell you that without the absolute best equipment you can get your throw barb will suck. Gl and dont give up on throwers, they can still be good :D