Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a couple of questions need to be answered beforew i get in trouble o

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by druidian, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. druidian

druidian IncGamers Member

a couple of questions need to be answered beforew i get in trouble

now i dont even know if im allowed to post this, even if i am, i wouldnt know where so here goes...

are we even allowed to talk about hacks/mods? would that be advertising for them? i read the rules and im confused.

someone get back to me on this then ill state my remaining concerns. thanx appreciate it

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

you are allowed to talk about them as in mentioning what they do and how they affect the game to newcomers.

You are not allowed to give any information on where to get hacks.

also you are not allowed to trade items on these forums that were obtained with help from hacks. For example, if you post and screen shot of the items and a mod sees that you are using a map hack, he/she will ban you.

3. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you mean, promoting hacks and mods, then no...you aren't allowed to talk about them here. If you mean, talking about how hacks and mods suck and are bad for gamers, probably you can discuss that sort of thing in the Community forum or otherwhere...but still not here in the Off-Topic Forum if they have to do with the game this forum is named after.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

There's no rule against discussion of mods since they are for offline play. There used to be a very active modding community around the game in question, but that is mostly dead. We talk about hacks only in the sense of warning and protecting ourselves.

5. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

all of the above, but move talk about that which cannot be mentioned to the community or strategy forum or anywhere but here or a piano will fall on your head.

6. druidian

druidian IncGamers Member

point proven...

so then where can you go to ask about how they work and all? i know you guys think theyre bad and all, but not that im trying to promote them, which I AM NOT, im trying to figure out how to, whatever the word is, extract them to my game. now like i said before, i solemnly swear, i am not trying to promote them, just trying to figure out how to use them...

7. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Rulez are rulez.

I'm afraid we can't help you without violating the rules (at least, I think it's against the rules). This is something you may have to discuss on another forum (by that I mean a different forum board).

8. bustme

bustme IncGamers Member

Hey, this isn't the only forum on the face of the earth :)

Why don't you do some googling and check other places?

9. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

that IS promoting hacks/mods by telling you how to use them on these forums. we can't help you there.

10. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

You are new here so I'll give you a quick low down on this.

To begin, you may not discuss how to use or where to obtain hacks/mods in any of the DII.net forums. Period.

On another note, this is the Off Topic forum in which we do not discuss any aspect of any Blizzard game. Again, period. Because of this I am duty bound to put an end to this discussion.

Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.