Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A couple of questions/comments

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Patsy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

A couple of questions/comments

Fellow Necromancers,

I thought I'd share something that I've been wondering about ever since the currently-ensueing debacle over the now-infamous 'MW Bug'. Specifically, the idea of getting synergies from plus to specific skills. Ok, so you got a nice pair of boots that adds over 30 to bone prison, fine. What if you also had other items that also added to this particular skill? A shrunken head or somesuch item? Say no points into spear, and find an item that adds to this directly? Outside of prison, I know of no other item that adds so much to a particular Necromancer skill, but then, I've not seen everything.

Any such thoughts on this? :scratch:

My other topic is the 'off-equipment' build, namely all of those rings, armour, amulets, and so forth that have the magical suffix of '.. of the whale' or something else similar. Has anybody collected everything of one of these things and worn them all at the same time with any sort of 'bonus' from doing so? I guess that this would be something more along the line of 'Easter-egging' than any actual 'useful' build, but again, I thought I'd share.

Anything on this matter? :scratch:

-Patsy
    "The original bone-head."

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You are suggesting making an uber-bugged Necro? Interresting. The other items do not give such a huge bonus, but they should give a bonus. I'll check it out.

3. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

I think it has to be charges of the skill, not + skill items. That kind of limits the options a lot. I don't know anything that give charges to bone spear off the top of my head for example

4. Mad Mantis

That's why I said I would check it out. ;)

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

There are many rare and magical items that can have charges, but many of them are low level. Here is a copy of what the Arreat Summit has for necromancer charged skills that could give a bonus to a synergy.

[font=arial,helvetica]Necromancer Skills[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Poison Dagger[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(12), Daggers(12), Circlets(24), Gloves(24), Rings(24) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Bone Spears[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(24), Daggers(24), Wands(48), Scepters(48) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Poison Novas[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(36), Daggers(36), Wands(36), Scepters(72) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Bone Spirits[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(36), Daggers(36), Wands(36), Amulets(72) Circlets(72) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Weaken[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(12), Daggers(12), Wands(12), Gloves(24) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Terror[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(18), Daggers(18), Wands(18), Shields(36) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Confusion[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(24), Daggers(24), Wands(24), Circlets(48), Rings(48) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Life Tap[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(24), Daggers(24), Wands(24), Axes(48) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Attraction[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(30), Daggers(30), Wands(30), Amulets(60), Circlets(60), Rings(60) [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica]Lower Resistance[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Head(36), Daggers(36), Wands(36), Staves(72) </B>[/font]

There is also the Venom Runeword that could allow a special sort of Poison Necro with only points invested in the Poison Dagger skill. That could be a cheap way for a summoner to get access to poison skills.

Venom gives:

Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Ignore Target's Defense
    7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    Level 15 Poison Explosion (27 Charges)
    Level 13 Poison Nova (11 Charges)
    +273 Poison Damage Over 6 seconds

6. Mad Mantis

If you MAX Pdagger and Venom works just like Marrowwalk that means:

Poison Dagger
    Poison Damage: 3563-3836
    over 9.6 seconds
    Attack: +410 percent
    Mana Cost: 7.7

Poison Explosion
    Poison Damage: 3532-4663
    over 7.6 seconds
    Mana Cost: 8

Poison Nova
    Poison Damage: 942-1096
    over 2 seconds
    Mana Cost: 20

If you exploit both Marrowwalk and Venom this could make for a very versatile character. It even makes DC a lot easier because Venom has both Prevent Monster Heal and Ignore Target's Defense.