Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A couple of questions about Diablo's plot...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Gunlord, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Gunlord

Gunlord IncGamers Member

A couple of questions about Diablo's plot...

Hi there, everyone! I hope this thread isn't breaking any rules...I just had a couple of general questions about the plot of the diablo games, so I just thought I'd ask 'em here ^^

1: First off, I'm wondering...in the original Diablo's instruction manual, it says that when the 4 lesser evils rebelled against Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, the 3 brothers managed to destroy a third of hell's forces before being banished. Then, the rest of hell started a civil war between Azmodan and the other Lesser Evil. My question is, what were the High Heavens doing during this time? If 1/3rd of hell was already destroyed and the other 2/3rds were fighting each other, shouldn't they have easily took over hell?

2: In the original Diablo, when you get down to Lazarus' lair, you find out that the little boy he sacrificed was not Albrecht, who had already become the incarnation of Diablo. My question is, if Diablo already posessed Albrecht, who was the other kid, and why did Lazarus kill him?

3: Also, in the Diablo 1 manual, it states that Lazarus smashed the Soulstone that held Diablo. But if that's so...what was the soulstone doing in Albrecht's, and afterwards, the Hero's head? If it was destroyed, why was it intact when they smashed it into their heads?

4: This is just something I've wondered about, but what happens to Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal when you kill them, plot-wise? Are they destroyed forever, or just banished back to the Burning Hells?

Thanks for answering my questions...I hope they're not too dumb or anything ^^;;;