Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A companion for a pala?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by PerPastill, Oct 28, 2006.

1. PerPastill

PerPastill Diabloii.Net Member

A companion for a pala?

Hello,

Me and a friend are planning on finishing hell on hardcore. He's already picked a zealot (not picked auras yet though), and I'm thinking about what will fit best with this..

I'm not very keen on playing anything like hammerdins or skelliemancers as I find them very boring..

Other classes I've played and found fun are meteorb, blizzard and javazon. I have *no* startingeq, so that will matter.. I guess I could play one of those 3 but if anything else is equally good, I'd try that for a refreshing change..

Any good hints? I've never played a druid really (except a wolfie, which sucked).. I've also seen trappers reek havoc, not sure how effective they are in hell though (or fun..).

Thanks!

We'll play together so I don't need to be able to survive hell on my own. We might get a 3rd guy as well.

2. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

I would make a meteorb sorc, and have the pally run conviction.

-hps

3. tomatoman

tomatoman Diabloii.Net Member

something like that.
    type of sorc doesnt mattter.

4. BongoFury

BongoFury Diabloii.Net Member

Well really it depends on a few things.

Will you be playing Untwinked (only using the items you find as you play) or will you have access to a stock of items (and how powerful those items are). Playing Untinked you don't want to play characters that will need the same type of stuff.

How experienced of a player are you and your friend(s). The more experienced the more exotic characters you can play.

What type of Zealot will your friend play. If an elemental (Tesladin or Frostzealot) his aura won't benefit you and you'd want to play a complimentary element or physical type. If he's going to be a fanatic Zealot you can benefit from Fanaticism, so a Bowazon, Trapper, Javazon, Martial Artist or other melee type would work.

And multiple Pallies are always fun. You get multiple auras from the Pallies and Mercs going and it works great.

5. PerPastill

No starter-eq what so ever, so untwinked.
    I've played d2 much more than I'm willing to admit in the past, but I have nothing left because they all expired. I've lost most of my HC chars to expiration, atleast those over level 20.
    Hm, I'm not sure.. He haven't picked auras yet, AFAIK.
    I'm sure.. However I started on a meteorb. Planning on maxing forb, put a few points on cold mastery and then max meteor, fireball and firemastery..

6. Demandred

Demandred Diabloii.Net Member

Either a Sorc or an Amazon will get the most benefit from his auras.

Fanaticism for a Bowazon, Conviction for a Sorc or Javazon.

You could also run a trapper, as they would definitely benefit from the conviction aura as well.

7. PerPastill

Right. I loved the javazon but that was the last char so a change could be nice (plus playing without the titans etc would be so annoying)

I could still max out one element, either blizzard or meteor (personally I prefer blizzard), but I guess for versitality a meteorb is good. And my last sorc was a blizzer. I'm planning on maxing forb and then a few points in cold mastery. The rest will go to: max meteor, max fire mastery, max fireball. Sounds good?

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet Diabloii.Net Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=485416&page=2

I would probably max Fire Ball with one point in Fire Mastery, max Meteor, then dump the rest in Fire Mastery. If you want to maximize your Fire Ball dmg, or maximize your Meteor dmg, or get a balance between the two, you'll have to check out the link.

9. PerPastill

This is after maxing frozen orb, or not a single point in it at all? I actually have 1 point in it already, but..

I read somewhere that a fireball build requires too much eq, and a meteor is probably safer. The pala/merc will tank so I guess a meteor would be better..

10. PerPastill

Okay ****ing GREAT.

So I'm playing, having a blast, and someone kills the overseer in A5 (I'm somewhere else). When that happens, my CDROM has to spin up to play the retarded tune, which results in a nice 5-second delay on my part and instant death when I get back. All the eq I had gotten from my past friends, GONE.

****ing blizzard. Why do small **** like this have to stay on the CD. How about following someone with a clue, iD, and remove the idiotic dependancy alltogether.

Yes, I am mad right now. Not sure, but right now I think this just killed my resurected interrest in diablo.. I can start over sure, but with crap eq. Ugh..

11. Hp_Sauce

Equipment has nothing to do with making this game fun... you can beat the game with wirts leg if you wanted.

also, if you copy all the .mpq files off your LOD cd into your Diablo 2 folder it will no longer have to read the cd for the music files, and you will no longer have lag times like that.

start again, it will be no time before you're character starts to be come fun again, and then you will start to find your own equipment!

-hps

12. PerPastill

When you know you are basically doing a repeat of the character you played the last week, only with much worse equipment, then yes, I think it makes it less fun.

After a google I found what you are saying hp, so they are copied over now...

And I highly doubt I could beat a5/hell/hardcore using nothing but wirts leg.. ;)

13. Hp_Sauce

But you have learned so much from your last character of that model so you can make less mistakes.

It has been done, not by me but it has been done. I'm just sayin' thats all.

-hps

14. PerPastill

Yes, I learned that playing with the .mpq files on a cdrom is a big no-no. Ah, 20 hours well spent. :)

My char that died now had about 15 skillchoices and 50 statpoints remaining though, I don't want to do that again, so I guess I should plan a bit more..

I remember having 65 str which allowed my to wear sigon, base dex, 50 life and 45-or-something-around-there energy. Low mana was an annoyance, to be honest, but I didn't want to waste any points..

So how does my plan sound?
    Max up to 20 frozen orb, 8 in cold mastery, at the same time get som points in fireball, then max meteor, then a few in mastery and fireball.

And 1 point in teleport, static and warmth, ofcourse. Perhaps a point in one of the cold armors as well, the one in the middle I guess.

15. BongoFury

BongoFury Diabloii.Net Member

Don't put any points into Energy. There are VERY few builds in 1.11 that need Energy, and given that Orb and Meteor are both timered spells it's especially a waste. It may be a bit annoying in the early game, but drink potions. And once your merc is L27 give him an Insight stick and you'll never have mana problems again.

Temporary inconvenience, permanent improvment.

16. PerPastill

This applies to a firesorc as well? Because I am thinking about going all-in with fire this time - max fball, meteor, mastery, fbolt..

A point in static, teleport, warmth I guess. Perhaps a point in a cold armor as well.

17. Hp_Sauce

It applies to firesorcs as well.

What Bongo ment by "there are VERY few builds that need energy" was that there are (maybe) 2 builds that you would put points into energy, and if you are building one of them it means you've read a guide and know that it will require energy points, and you have gear and riches abound!

-hps