Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A close call this weekend

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by fe-crazywolf, Mar 30, 2004.

1. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

A close call this weekend

I've noticed that with gaining higher levels more people will try to come after you of course, which is great for keeping the real hardcore mentality and always playing alert. The first time I saw the necro ltme I didn't think too much of his char since it just looked like a regular summon mancer and I was like w/e how much harm can a summon mancer be? As I don't use maphack I did not know his gear only later finding out about it from people I talked to about him. He uses engima, cta, shako, hoto, mainly the good stuff a necro would use and for his iron golem someone told me he summoned it from a beast weapon. I was level 92 at the time and in some random trade game that was packed doing my typical tunnels run. I had seen him in town and knew he was a summon mancer when he hostiles me so I decide Ill just magic find and stay in the game until he finds me and blizz him once and the leave. I had my map on the whole time and finally at the last second I see he is on my screen and i spam blizz furiously and his summons surround me I had to hit a rejuv and left the game manually my bar was near empty. I went to the channel and was panicking i breathed a sigh of relief when i saw i could still join games. I made a private game too see how much life i had been left with and found out that I was left with 100 life from my previous 2300 something after my bo from my cta. He messaged me that he would get me again and I didnt want to give him the satisfaction so i said nice try but w/e, I asked him for curiousity purposes how much life i had left him with and found out was a high 1/4 amount of life left. I cursed myself for having only 3.8 blizz dmg and wished I had more but I was very happy and grateful for having escaped near death and continuing my now 94 sorcs journey to new heights.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Ya, I entertained the idea of taking him on once when I had a pretty ridiculous BO on my Javazon, but I eventually realized that even if I had managed to take out all his minions with a couple LF's he'd still just be able to teleport around and spam BS while I was Decrep'ed. He's got a pretty decent build... not exactly sure what build could best counter him. Wind Druid maybe?

3. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

A camped blizz at a wp or entrance to pit/tunnel will kill a bonecro instantly. My old blizz sorc with death's fathom was doing 8k damage, the best part is you can drop blizz off screen, and this works very nice in ancient tunnel(i suppose u mf there? blizz sorc's heaven). next time he hunts you just stand off screen at At entrance and cast mad blizz, he wont live i promise.

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

:clap: That is exactly why my telecro build design was so successfull.

Mind you high level telecro's can be very very nasty now.

Before in 1.09 a friend of mine did a test.

20 skele's, 20 mages, might merc and fire golem teleported on top of another friend's barb. 4.5k life, 75% dr, max block.

He was left on very low life from 1 teleport.

Run the numebrs again and you will find that the damage now in 1.10 is quite higher - especially since revives are far more nasty now since they hit harder and faster. Don't mess with a necro with hell archer revives and a might merc. Or frenzytaur revives and a might merc.

IG's just add more pain to the mix.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Making the IG out of a Beast weapon was way bad-arse... I woulda never thought of giving my golem an aura. :clap:

6. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Phat, we (as in a few people who i know from ages back), made a nasty nasty enchanter on Asia 1 earlyish ladder.

Huge enchant, + metalgrid with golem using that runeword with fanat, + rogue merc + revivies = lots of pain per teleport.