a clockwork orange

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
a clockwork orange

i am just wondering what do you think about that movie, in my opinion is brilliant :thumbsup:

front243

Diabloii.Net Member
Love it! Stanley Kubrick is one of my favorite directors:

-A Clockwork Orange
-The Shining
-Barry Lyndon
-Dr. Strangelove
-Spartacus

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
front243 said:

-A Clockwork Orange
-The Shining
-Barry Lyndon
-Dr. Strangelove
-Spartacus
hehe same here :thumbsup:

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
I liked the movie, the only thing i don't get is why at the end he dreams that he's having sex in front of an applauding audience

greatrambino1981

Diabloii.Net Member
I like it. It took me a few times to get it. Stanley Kubrick is a genious. Too bad he died before he could make more movies. Would he have used a lot of special effects in his movies now? What do you guys think?

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
As a social commentary, I though it was....er....interesting. As a movie--the telling of a story through moving pictures--I actually wasn't that knocked out.

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
Great BOOK, horrible movie.

The movie leaves out the last chapter of the book, completely changing the meaning of the story. I did my term paper on it and you really should pick it up, if only to read chapter 21 and all that cal.

(I love Nadsat).

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't really like it all that much. I can't really explain why, it just didn't seem all that good to me. Then again, people say I have odd taste in movies. I thought Donnie Darko and Napoleon Dynamite were bother terrible.

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
front243 said:

-A Clockwork Orange
-The Shining
-Barry Lyndon
-Dr. Strangelove
-Spartacus
What?!?!?!?! No Full Metal Jacket!?!?!?!?! BLASTPHEMOUS!!!

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
can't imagine NOT reading it

anyways most of you droogs only watched it to see "darth vader" without the mask
I can't understand half of what he says, trying to decipher it in print sounds daunting

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
axeil said:
Great BOOK, horrible movie.

The movie leaves out the last chapter of the book, completely changing the meaning of the story. I did my term paper on it and you really should pick it up, if only to read chapter 21 and all that cal.

(I love Nadsat).
the american edition was published with only 20 chapters...that was the book that kubrick read and based his movie on....the british version is bigger, longer and uncut

ash not all of it is hard to translate....alex as a philosopher?
"...isn't the man whowho chooses the bad in some way better than the man who has the good forced upon him?"

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
greatrambino1981 said:
I like it. It took me a few times to get it. Stanley Kubrick is a genious. Too bad he died before he could make more movies. Would he have used a lot of special effects in his movies now? What do you guys think?
I tend to think that he would have used whatever suited his needs. On a side note, Minority Report would have been a lot better if Kibrick would have given it his own touch rather than Spielburg's horrible 5 minute "everyone be happy when the movie's over" ending.