Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A classic Noob

Discussion in 'Classic' started by tepe, Sep 11, 2006.

1. tepe

tepe IncGamers Member

A classic Noob

When do you know when you are a classic Noob?

Well, I have been playing classic for about 2 or 3 weeks now off and on. I am not familiar with trade values yet so I haven't really made any big trades yet. But earlier tonight I got the first taste of being a Noob again after about 4 or 5 years of expansion.

Like I said earlier, having only about 2 or 3 weeks of classic experience under my belt I decided to level up my 62 maul ww barb in normal pit runs. Here I am going about my business getting some good exp in a trade game when all of a sudden...

Diablo Walks the Earth...

I quickly tp out of the pits, get the stony field and find the stones ASAP. Sure enough there is UBER Diablo waiting for me. Being my first level 62 barb on classic I get owned pretty hard and die a few times. After a few deaths, people in the trade game (and there were 7 peeps there) finally come to my aid. After a long battle, UBER D gets his *** handed to him. I am there when he dies, and with minimal lag I don't even see a drop.. wtf?

Ah well... my third world event (2 on expansion) and no charm, no big deal.... right??? So I go and announce to the world I am a classic Noob when I say "What are the stats?"

I get a couple "LOL"'s and one person says "No drops on classic Uber" :(

Well, a lesson hard learned. Especially after about 5 deaths and 1/5 bar of experience later :sad2:

Well, I can honestly say, it feels good to be a noob again. I am enjoying classic D2 and I hope I never grow tired of being a Noob :laugh: See ya in hell!!! :wave:

2. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

you are a big noob indeed
    zodiacjackyl killed diablo clone 4 times with his level 12 charger

a redeemer small charm dropped for him on classic (+7 all skills, 255% more damage, 255% faster run/walk speed, 255% IAS)

3. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

I traded him for that for my pair of diamond socketed tearhaunches (+50% frw - w00t!). Don't you love the rich?

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

there seems to be a large fan base for Zod based on the envy/sarcasm.

*shrug* not that long ago, folks in this very forum were debating whether UberD even showed his face in classic (I myself have seen him on both classic ladder, and non-ladder several times, but never when I'm with any of my Dins.

on ladder, it was with akukami, on non-ladder, it was with TinKnocker.

Sidebar: (many may bash Tin, for paypalling, but he has dramatically improved upon his collection of GG's through more paypalling, and via much more cautious trading than I would have bothered with. now that he's deep into the lvl 92 range, he's even found the fun of MFing, and gambling, and has managed to acquire some pretty neat legits from what I saw last night when I went back to non-ladder for a bit to help him with a new baba he's making)

anyway, part of the game for some, is most definately trash talk, and backing it up (if you can) with duelling, and pk-ing. does it really need to extend to this forum though? (and yes, I'm relatively new here, and likely have missed a LOT of history (bad and good), but why not give it a rest?

*shrug*