Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A challenge to all the Diablo II savy people here

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

A challenge to all the Diablo II savy people here

Ok,

1. What would you say would be the best team of 2 characters to take from level 1 to level 40 the fastest (ONLY 2 and it doesn't matter if they suck after level 40, as long as they get there fast)?

2. What skill choices with you take with them to maximize their killing potential?

3. Which areas would you level up in that would assure rapid levels?

2. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

1. Assassin and Paladin

2. Tiger Strike / Dragon Tail and Zeal / Holy Freeze... at the levels you specified characters with those combinations will kill VERY quickly.

3. I would play through every area of the game in order, doing complete clears of each. People never do this anymore and dont realize that you'll be 18 by the time you kill Andy, 30 by the time you kill Diablo, and then once you fight to Baal you'll be on your way to some Baal runs to hit 40. The game is quite well balanced to give you great XP in the areas your character should actually be at... people rush too much and dont notice.

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Yes, assassin and paladin would do good. I think two fissure druids would do pretty fine as well. Fissure kills big crowds quite fast. Maybe fissure druid and necro (corpse explosion) would be a dynamic duo?

4. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I would say a Might/Zeal pally and a Strafe zon. Strafe owns just about anything in norm with a decent bow. Coupled with might would just make her a long range lawnmower. Plus the pally and zon both run at about the same pace. The pally is always ahead, tanking the next group, while the zon follows up with a hailstorm.

As for the areas, see Kitriara's #3.

5. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

at low levels you can really rack up high levels of damage with the assasins fire blast...a possible consideration. You might be able to get away without the paladin holy freeze if you buy the merc for it.

6. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

1. If you're doing this in public games, then I say 2 sorcs...

2. Fireball, static, and teleport is all you need...one puts most points into life to tank while staticing, the other into mana for fireball.

3. Act 1 until level 10-12 (stay away from areas where enemies get resurrected, it's a waste of killing time). Act 2 sewers until level 16-18 (should be able to clear two levels in an 8 player baal run). Act 3 flayer jungle until lvl 24 (not the best exp. but made up for by the sheer amount of flayers. Kill ancients at 24+, Baal runs until 40 (1 sorc to tele to throne and static the minions, the other to kill them.

4. This is assuming that you're planning on running them for the hell hellforge quest. WP's needed: Act 1 Marsh/Catacombs2, Act 2 Sewers 2, Act3 Flayer Jungle.

I haven't tried this with 2 sorcs, but it takes about 6 hours total playing time to get 1 to hellforge quest. Not sure if this is fast or not, anyone else get a character to hell hellforge quicker? If so, how?

7. Lord Chaos

Ok...we have to talk pure killing speed without über equipment...and low level skills preferably, since they only go to level 40, which means level 24/30 skills are not the best choices.

8. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I would go with a strafe/MS Zon and a DS/Frenzy-Leaper Barb with either axes or swords. My favorite places to level up are the Arcane Sanctuary and Kurast proper.

9. Lord Chaos

Ok, but what about until they get to those levels?...they've got to be leveled to 24 first.

Any good suggestions on viable level 1 or level 6 skills?

10. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

a double swing barb is extemely powerful at low lvls imo (that can get u to frenzy), as for the other char i think a ma asn is a good bet. Hope this helps.

11. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Double Swing and MultiShot are level 6 skills. That is precisely why I suggested them the first time.

12. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

I tried to take a multishot zon to hell fast, but it took twice as long as a sorc with fireball. The problem was, with a multizon, you have to split your early points between dex and energy, whereas the fireball sorc only has to concentrate on energy...

13. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

I think you are really asking about getting to level 25? Once there, any character can leech about 1 level per run even if they can't kill anything...

14. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Behhh. Make her a mana vamp.

15. Lord Chaos

Oh sorry...didn't get the MS/DS...I was too fixated on the Strafe/Frenzy part.

16. Lord Chaos

Sorry, don't have the option of leeching off runs (and I really wouldn't want to even if I could)