A case for Oath over Beast

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
A case for Oath over Beast

There is no question in my mind that having a wereform far surpasses Oath for enhancing the Necro's ability to kick butt on his lonesome but I'm starting to think Oath is better for the skellies as a whole.

Beast's level 9 Fanatacism aura gives +93% to damage and +29% to attack speed.

Oath on top of being a nicer melee weapon (until you factor in werebear form), grants a 16th level Heart of Wolverine which gives you +125% enhanced damage and a whopping +130% to AR. Obviously both would be ideal but if that HoW gets a life upgrade in Hell like most summons I'm standing by Oath. I just want to know what you guys think because I can actually afford Oath at this point.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
Obviously both would be ideal but if that HoW gets a life upgrade in Hell like most summons I'm standing by Oath. I just want to know what you guys think because I can actually afford Oath at this point.
The Oath you can afford will be better than the Beast you can't. However it seems the HoW does not get a life upgrade, although it is PI in NM.

In Hell he has:

Mana cost: 35
Radius: 40 Yards
Party damage: +125%
Party Attack Rating: +130%
Hit Points: 608 - 684 (ø646)
Defense: 123
Poison resist: 100%
Resist lightning/cold/fire: 25%
Resist magic damage: 25%
Physical resistance: 0%

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Yucky. Do Summon Resists apply? I thought I read somewhere that it works with cross-class summons.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Another question would be whether such summons stand a better chance of surviving with a Skelemancer than they do with my bowazon...

I've recently aquired a Natures Peace for her, but I no longer use the Oak Sage charges --- he survives pretty well if there are no monsters around, but I don't need a life boost if there are no monsters.

I also got a Carrion Wind (I like the "what I kill stays dead" mod on the Natures, but since I use a Windforce, ctc Twister somewhat fits the theme :)), but the lvl 21 poison creeper isn't exactly a master of survival either. Not sure what it does (other than dieing), so I'm not using it...

Minions always have a better chance to survive as part of a Skelemancer crowd, though... so maybe the HoW is actually useful. Beast, on the other hand, doesn't die --- the aura is always there.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
What is that unsummon tool people were talking about to get the stats of summons from? I tried selecting unsummon and placing the pointer over minions but I didn't see anything. Should be easy enough to figure out whether it does or not with a simple test. I've at least got carrion wind so I can see if the vine gets resists.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
What is that unsummon tool people were talking about to get the stats of summons from?
That is just hovering the unsummon over summons to see if they are immune or not.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Too bad. Unless there is a way to get like +40 to Summon Resist to get it to 75% I don't think that's going to work.