Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A case for Oath over Beast

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Pherdnut, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

A case for Oath over Beast

There is no question in my mind that having a wereform far surpasses Oath for enhancing the Necro's ability to kick butt on his lonesome but I'm starting to think Oath is better for the skellies as a whole.

Beast's level 9 Fanatacism aura gives +93% to damage and +29% to attack speed.

Oath on top of being a nicer melee weapon (until you factor in werebear form), grants a 16th level Heart of Wolverine which gives you +125% enhanced damage and a whopping +130% to AR. Obviously both would be ideal but if that HoW gets a life upgrade in Hell like most summons I'm standing by Oath. I just want to know what you guys think because I can actually afford Oath at this point.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The Oath you can afford will be better than the Beast you can't. However it seems the HoW does not get a life upgrade, although it is PI in NM.

In Hell he has:

Mana cost: 35
    Radius: 40 Yards
    Party damage: +125%
    Party Attack Rating: +130%
    Hit Points: 608 - 684 (ø646)
    Defense: 123
    Poison resist: 100%
    Resist lightning/cold/fire: 25%
    Resist magic damage: 25%
    Physical resistance: 0%

3. Pherdnut

Yucky. Do Summon Resists apply? I thought I read somewhere that it works with cross-class summons.

4. Mad Mantis

Check out this thread. You may want to contact RTB.

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Another question would be whether such summons stand a better chance of surviving with a Skelemancer than they do with my bowazon...

I've recently aquired a Natures Peace for her, but I no longer use the Oak Sage charges --- he survives pretty well if there are no monsters around, but I don't need a life boost if there are no monsters.

I also got a Carrion Wind (I like the "what I kill stays dead" mod on the Natures, but since I use a Windforce, ctc Twister somewhat fits the theme :)), but the lvl 21 poison creeper isn't exactly a master of survival either. Not sure what it does (other than dieing), so I'm not using it...

Minions always have a better chance to survive as part of a Skelemancer crowd, though... so maybe the HoW is actually useful. Beast, on the other hand, doesn't die --- the aura is always there.

6. Pherdnut

What is that unsummon tool people were talking about to get the stats of summons from? I tried selecting unsummon and placing the pointer over minions but I didn't see anything. Should be easy enough to figure out whether it does or not with a simple test. I've at least got carrion wind so I can see if the vine gets resists.

7. Mad Mantis

That is just hovering the unsummon over summons to see if they are immune or not.

8. Pherdnut

Too bad. Unless there is a way to get like +40 to Summon Resist to get it to 75% I don't think that's going to work.