Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a bunch of assorted questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fluffballer, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Fluffballer

Fluffballer Diabloii.Net Member

a bunch of assorted questions

How does +max fire damage work? For example on Sigon's, does +24 MFD mean it can add anywhere from 0-24 to the total amount?

Do mercs have zero defense when they start running?

Can you summon more than one type of mutually exclusive summons if you have charges (i.e. a barb with iron golem on Metal Grid and clay on Stone)?

Did anyone else see the clay golem on the Simpsons last night?

Does BO go through obstacles (pillars and act V walls and such)? Any or all?

Do NPC barbs steal my experience if they make the kill? Do they benefit from my MF?

2. nickedoff

nickedoff Diabloii.Net Member

No

No, but clay golems have been around long before Diablo II, heh. There's all kinds of Jewish mythology about clergy creating golems made out of clay, etc. Unless Bart was a necromancer, I doubt it had to do with Diablo =P

IIRC no.

You'd get very thorough answers in the statistics forum for your other questions =P

3. Fluffballer

Thanks for the quick answers.

It didn't, it was their Halloween special. I just got a kick out of seeing the most popular golem (IIRC clay golems are the only Jewish golems, the rest I feel like were created by the D&D crowd?) on the Simpsons. :prop:

4. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

I doubt it, I would be surprised if they have an experience system at all. They are probably just assigned a level depending on the difficulty.

Again, I doubt it. Do items even drop if they get the kill? I'm not sure if I've ever seen them kill a monster before.

Note: the above are 'guesses'

-hps

5. scwormy

scwormy Diabloii.Net Member

edit: oops - ignore

Both guesses are incorrect.

Merc MF = your MF + their MF

Merc gets some XP you get some XP.
    Merc gets more for killing blow

There are threads/stickies with more info elsewhere

6. Cattleya

Cattleya Diabloii.Net Member

Except we aren't talking about the merc here, but the random barbs you find in Act 5. I know you still get XP. (I've made sure to watch the experince bar just to see.) I have no idea about the MF, but I'm pretty sure that items still drop.

7. XxBlack DragonxX

XxBlack DragonxX Diabloii.Net Member

No the NPC barbs do not benifit from your MF and they dont steal exp.

8. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

I can confirm that monsters killed by NPC barbs do indeed drop items. The Slingers that can show up in Nightmare Bloody Foothills are bugged. They can´t hit mercs/minions/NPC barbs with their javelins, so those barbs are free to take them down if nothing else attacks them. One time, when I had taken a long time to advance past a certain point, I found a typical boss drop just lying on the ground about two screens ahead of that place.

9. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas Diabloii.Net Member

That leaves the max fire question.
    IIRC it just does what it says. If you have no fire dmg (0-0) and you put on sigon's set you no have a max of 24 (0-24). Meaning that you indeed do somewhere between 0 and 24 dmg, melee only. If you have a small charm with 1-2 it means you now do 1-26.
    Again.. only IIRC.

10. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

I believe +24 fire damage would add in the same way +10 to damage would, in the sense it adds to maximum and minimum damage.

But if that's not the way +damage works, then I'm just an idiot and you should ignore me.

lololololololololol

-runs around the thread-

11. jgreg7

jgreg7 Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I'll be! I used to try and herd these guys together as part of my party. Then I read on a post here that they don't give XP or drops and so started avoiding them. It's nice to know they're on my side, after all! Thanks for the correct information.

[BTW I think my record was six barbs in one group.]

12. Fluffballer

I went ahead and made a pally and stuck full Sigon's on him. His damage on switch was 12-24ish, and when I switched to the shield his damage was 12-48ish. So it appears that it does indeed add 0-24 fire damage.

And the merc defense question. I ask this because that limits the usefulness of defiance mercs for certain classes... maybe poison necros or other classes that don't sit still long. Mercs do seem to get the CRAP kicked out of them when they run at archers, although they obviously aren't life-leeching at the time.