Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a budget bone necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by vagrantrogue, Jun 16, 2005.

1. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

a budget bone necro

this is not a guide, but a question whether a low budget bone necro is viable to reach endgame hell. many take advantage of the marrowwalk bug, but what if you dont? and what if you dont have all the nice uniques/sets/runeword items?

heck, while im at that, anyone try a bare naked necro? sorta like the bare naked mage...

2. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

it would be hard, because bone necros dont have the easiest time killing as it is in hell, so a budget bone necro would seem to be quite slow

but im sure it could do it as long as it had a good golem

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

mine was pretty bare, as it was only the third character i did on the restart. i guess he had some pretty good eq (soj, lidless) but the stuff he has now doesn't kick in until very high level (boneshade, marrowwalks, etc.)

imho, all you need is a good merc and 1 pt in CE, and pretty much any build can make it through hell. iirc, he cruised through without a hitch.

here's my advice:

lvls 1-6 smack everything with the default wand. it works pretty good actually. use the 1pt skellie from the default wand as a tank. put 1 other point in case you want to switch to a different wand or use a melee weapon.

lvl 6: start using CE, buy potions, 1 pt in clay golem. put no other points into skeletons, masteries, or other golem or golem related skills. i usually stop with 5 CE, but you can go as little or as much as you want. 20 CE is very useful if you have the spare points.

lvl 13: tir rune becomes available, make a 2 tir helm.

lvl 18: perf gems are usable. make a 3 perf emerald bow. bone spear also available, but you are better off with ce/merc.

lvl 19: stealth armor available.

lvl 29: a lot of good stuff becomes available around here, including sanders set items, sojs, silkweaves, whistans guard, etc. but, CE should still be doing most of the killing.

lvl 30: if you haven't saved up points, you should immediately put 1 into revive before bone spirit. revives are, bar none, the best tanks.

lvl 31-70: a couple points into revive and corpse explosion will carry you all the way through to lvl 70. at this point, bonewall will start to become useable as your new best friend/tank/bossholder.

70+: now, bonespirit/spear will start to get some kick, so you can use that to get the first corpse for either a revive or an explosion. bone wall will be less important for non-bosses. you should keep boneprison clear in case you can get marrowwalks later. if you do have marrowwalks, you can slaughter just about any single monster very very quickly with bonespirits, or simply wall them and ignore them.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I think a bonemancer would be viable untwinked and if you're doing any trading whatsoever, a White Wand isn't that hard to procure (Dol and Io will go for a handful of PGems) If you use your curses properly almost any Necro build can make it through Hell. Save Bone Prison for last just in case you happen upon a pair of Marrow Walks, but you'll do fine without them and Bone Prison is a powerful skill in its own right. The trick will be getting a decent casting framerate (75% FCR). If you get a Viper Magi (also PGem tradeable), this shouldn't be hard.

You don't need summons to help you out. Bonewalls and curses work just fine, so if you have to dump the majority of your points into the PNB tree this is no biggy. Just make sure you get a Clay Golem at 1/1, Decrepify and Attract or Confusion.

5. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

I got a lvl 78 Bone necro, getting good equipment isn't that hard, you just get a sorc to be lvl 80, mf, get stuff, trade for necro stuff, doesn't even have to be that good, one thing you really want to get is marrowwalk, and white (runeword for wand) and definetly use the bug, especially if you dont have very good equipment, the bug adds about 1.3k dmg to my bone spear/spirit, but i personally like spear, because 1 you have to actually aim, 2 peirces them. but spirit is really good in pvp, because you make them run, and then they have 0 defense.