Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A bone necro VS a pure charge pally

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Knightmare, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Knightmare

Knightmare IncGamers Member

A bone necro VS a pure charge pally

My brother is asking, "How can a pure charger pally kill a bone necro?" He has heavy heavy damage but he still cannot kill my necro who doesn't wear a lot of good gears (duriel shell for armor with a tal mask).

When I duel him, I see him doing no damage to my necro most of the time. I'm not too sure with the calculations behind all this but could it be my bone armor alone? If so, he should've broken some piece off my bone armor with his at-the-least 10k damage. He's a two hander with a unique thunder maul.

Is there no way for him to kill my necro? :scratch:

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Charge is really bugged in 1.10, and it may be bugged to do little or no damage in PvP, I'll look into it...

3. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Whats his AR? A pure charge pally should be able to do serious damage to a bone nec even with bone armor, if he lands a shot that is. Ive never played a pure charger personally, but even as a backup to zeal/smite, charge is very effective in pvp, a must for any melee pvp pally. But again, if his attack rating is low (ex, a good zealot should have upwards of 15k) then he may not be hitting you, if he does youll feel it.

MajorB

4. Knightmare

Knightmare IncGamers Member

His dex is 204, making his AR 9000+.

5. Jimster2

Jimster2 IncGamers Member

necro

umm i find my pvp bone necro to beable to kill and character more than easily besides sorcs cause they just tele around like crazy, i've dueled a few charge pally's and the ony way i've died ever was when i lagged and the pally was like instanlty beside me or when i forget to cast decripify on them even then my bone armor asorbs 945 or soemthing and it still takes a few hits to actually dmg my life, if the necro wasn't using decrepify i would suggest having aloota faster run walk cause that would make it tougher

saying this all from a bone necro's point of view i have zero exp. using a charge pally

6. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Well yeah, Im not saying charge is some sort of uber necro killer skill or anything, just that yes, you CAN hit a nec with charge, I havent heard of or experianced any sort of bug that would suggest otherwise.
    Still, melee pally v bone necro is a really tough match for the pally, god knows they get me a helluva lot more than I get them :grrr:

MajorB

7. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I'm quite sure there's a 33% chance to hit with charge nowadays, no matter what ar you have. I think I've read it in the pala forum. Ask them about charge, or check some guide there.

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

plus remember the bone necro will have bone armour on. No matter what the dmg of the charge bone armour will absorb at least 1 hit. It's the same with a druids cyclone armour. Even if the attack does more dmg than can be absorbed by these it WILL negate the full dmg of the attack, but the armour collapses.