Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A BM question

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nickalisk, Mar 16, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

A BM question

In general pubbie duels what is considered bm? wearing excessive abs, etc.... i think its justified to side n atleast 1 or 2 abs items vs the element u r fighting....this is isnt abour nk (thats pretty low) but abs when is it 2 much? what do u do when they call u bm 4 wearing 1 or 2 abs items?

if u think its bm to wear abs at all what about faucet jewels? almost he exact opposite of abs, and windys? abs armour......

i think clan honor even allows a little abs.

2. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 Diabloii.Net Member

If you wear one item with absorb in a pub (even a Ravenfrost), people will complain if they lose. In my opinion though, one item with absorb is fine.

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Diabloii.Net Member

Generally, absorbing until you completely negate their attack is considered BM in pub games. And nking, towngaurding, and townhugging are also pretty BM if you ask me.

4. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

Gold stealing is bm in my opinion. Sure it isnt a big deal, but if you lose all your gold, you cant buy any more potions and have to leave the game early (Or just run around running out of mana and dying).

This probably doesnt matter for melee dulers because health pots are bm. But for casters, nothing is worse than running out of mana potions.

5. digital_mana

digital_mana Diabloii.Net Member

In pubs it doesn't really matter... you're going to get people that are going to do whatever it takes to 'win' even if you follow the 'rules'. Just play to win in pubs.

6. parkerbsb

parkerbsb Diabloii.Net Member

I was under the impression mana potting in duels was BM?
    Gold stealing isn't BM, cuz if you are dueling you shouldn't have much gold in your stash anyways.

IMO Potting/ AA (not skills the hack) / NK'ing are BM everything else is fair game.
    Side note if you and someone else are Naked then NKing them is fine

7. shade449

shade449 Diabloii.Net Member

Let's be honest. In pubby games everything is fair game. Most everybody will be stacking absorb, nking, townguarding and all the other bm suff. There will be a rare few who dont do those bm things, but more likely than not 80% of the bnet population will be using any tatic they can to win. My advice is not to worry about bm in pubby games. If you want gm games try clan honor or temple.

8. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- Diabloii.Net Member

It's pub. All's fair. lop on all the sorb you can get ;).

9. Dead_Body

Dead_Body Diabloii.Net Member

I am getting sick of seeing people say, "I can't change it, I'll join the crowd."

If everyone was jumping off of cliffs, would you convince them to stop or join the fun? If everyone is being a complete idiot when they duel, will you stop or join them? By not trying to prevent the idiocy, you are adding to the problem. I have been dueling for not too long, but I have still managed to have only stolen gold once or twice, always making sure they were being stupid at the time, and I have never nked on purpose. Recently, I have taken to saying "Go" before attacking, even if they're closing in on me; on a rare occasion I won't, if they piss me off.

I make quite an effort to make dueling not only fun for me, when I win, but fun for my opponent. I only hope that at least some other duelers can have the will to do the same. Just because it is public doesn't mean you have full rights to be an ass and prove you're good by killing someone when they are defensless or don't expect it.

*sighs* I thought I would hear better from duelers on this forum...

10. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 Diabloii.Net Member

thatts the spirit ... thats when i jus nk u till u leave and everyone else inthe game is with me

11. skilledlord

skilledlord Diabloii.Net Member

Play however you want.

12. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 Diabloii.Net Member

u can play however u want, but if you play bm dont complain if ppl do it back to u.

13. Inuyasha

Inuyasha Diabloii.Net Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Dead Body. I don't know what the hell happened to this forum while I was absent, but it used to be filled with respectable people that WOULDN'T stoop down to somebody's level, just because they can. In all honesty, it's pathetic. To be frank, if you win while being BM, it isn't a win at all. If you win while bein GM, that adds to the pleasure, and also doesn't cause many unneccesary flame-wars with people.

There seems to be a false understanding of duel games on this forum. THEY AREN'T NEAR AS BAD AS YOU THINK. The only times that things really get bad, are when people decide to be diliberate as*holes, and in all honesty the most common case is somebody who comes from a conversation like this, and then believes "it happens all the time".

Enjoy being BM and hollow. I frankly would be sick with myself if I resorted to such a thing - there really isn't any difference between that, and cheating. Most BM people use maphack and other third-party programs anyways, so you might as well join in on that fun too.

14. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

Mana potting isnt BM. How would casters win unless they put points in mana (Which nobody does) or wear frostburns (Which suck besides the mana bonuses).

15. Inuyasha

Inuyasha Diabloii.Net Member

There is a huge amount of complaints over mana potting.

In almost any form of private duels, mana potting IS BANNED.

In public dueling, if anybody finds out that you are YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED BM.

However, assuming that it is niether of these situations, then it's all up to your morality. In my hontest opinion, I think that if your build has such a severe mana deficiency that you actually require mana pots, that's your fault, not your opponents, and you shouldn't pot.

Not to mention the old repeated statement: "For ES sorcs, mana potting is no different than life".

I personally don't mana pot on any of my characters, not even my windy (who I did indeed put a few stat points into energy, for this reason).

16. disc

disc Diabloii.Net Member

there area no rules in public dueling so you find a public game with like manered players and stay in it.

17. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

True true, but its kinda kill or b killed right? If everyone around you is jumping off a cliff..no i wouldnt...but if everyone around me is shooting at each other...yeah i think ill join the crowd and pull outa gun and return fire.

18. Sartok

Sartok Diabloii.Net Member

That is 100% not required, though I don't really care if people mana pot, I just disagree in saying that casters can't do without.

19. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

listen if you slap on sorb and the other player cant kill you, its their fault for making a char completly relying on one attack.

20. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

only thing i myself consider bm in pubbies is doing something to heal your life absorbing till you negate an attack is just part of the pubbies that you should learn to deal with