Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A beserk question to berserkly ask

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CaffeinetedPete, Mar 27, 2004.

1. CaffeinetedPete

CaffeinetedPete IncGamers Member

A beserk question to berserkly ask

i'm interested in building a berserk barb for hcl, and need some advice. not to mention this is my first barb on hcl ^_^

skills
    20 berserk
    20 howl
    20 shout
    10+ axe mastery
    10+ battle orders
    10+ battle cry

equip
    bramble armor
    runeword "famine" Big Fuggin Axe (BFA)
    mana/ life leech leach
    other stuff so i'm not naked (it's cold in harogath ^_^ )

if this sounds ludicris, just call me a buffoon, but then offer some advice, if ya have any ^_^ thanks

2. CaffeinetedPete

oh yeah, and most stat points into vitality, and enough into streangth so i do damage, and enough into dex to hit stuff. we don't like energy here. it's satan's stat. of doom. yeah. done now.

3. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

what is hcl?

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

war cry instead of battle cry. (typo?)

any other armor besides bramble is better. because you won't have any defense anyway, a lionheart would be a good (expendable) choice. phys dam reduce/resists is not affected by zerk, so those on your armor would help.

i'm sure you have a good shield with max block. i wouldn't put a stormshield on a hydrogen chloride (HCl) barb. rhyme is a good choice. added blocking to save on dex, and CBF too (Carbon, boron, flouride.)

you may want to sacrifice leech. mana per kill works with zerk. there are several items with life per demon kill as well. the easiest one to get (cheap too) is blood armor: pruby, jewel, thul, platemail/templar coat/hellforge plate, 1-3 per demon kill. also, life tap works.

5. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Bad choice for a pvm barb, expecially hc.
    From all pvm barb builds i like ww-er and zerker but this last one got weaker in 1.10 than it`s 1.09 version: imo all zerk synergies maxed can`t make up for the fact that in 1.09 hell monsters had 50%pdr.

6. CaffeinetedPete

hmmm... perhaps i need to explain a bit

hcl = HardCore Ladder

bramble armor = automatic thorns aura/spirit of barbs
    ~I get hit often, so i might as well make them eat it back

2 handed weapon = massive damage to make up for pdr in hell
    ~runeword "famine" = for cryin out loud, look it up! it's incredable

2 handed axe = less dex reqiuired, so more for vit

*BATTLE* cry = lower enemy defense and damage, i take less, and hit more often with less dex. no, this was not a typo, and no, i am not sane

and any leech, specifically life, i can get will be a godsend, for i will be losing a sh!tload of health from the 0 defense from zerk

and thanks for adding in reduce damage, i forgot about that, so prolly string of ears/ rockstopper/ etc... if i ever pull a couple of high runes out of my derrier ^_^

finally, to help with monsters, i have a LVL 20 HOWL! that tends to frighten things, so i can pick them off 1 by 1

perhaps this makes my logic (or lack thereof) a bit more clear

7. wind

wind IncGamers Member

The first berserker I built was in the beta, used a conservative stat point setup to get my health ~2500 with BO. I was impressed that he didn't die, thought he would run all the time and with a 0 defense attack.

It was the 20 point Howl that makes it so, just by spammin it, weeds out the uniques from their group, killem first and any bad aura is gone. The rest were simple to dispatch.

The only two groups of monsters that gave problems were champion packs of of Frenzytaur types and Listers group. They had to be divided and conquered by running around and using the terrain to separate them into manageable groups, 1-3, the three is tough.

I'd take 9 points out of battle cry and stick it in BO. It will give you enough synergy bonus to a 1 point Concentrate to kill the few magic immunes you'll run into.

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Hardcore Ladder

WHCL

West Hardcore Ladder

ESCNL

East softcore non-ladder

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

SNL

SNooty Ladder

10. CaffeinetedPete

magic IMMUNE?
    never seen any of those, magic resistant is prolly what you mean...

wow... a hell magic immune would be durn scary...

thanks for the good info wind ^_^

11. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Ya magic immune...if you think that's scary, how bout thw wraith I died to last night in hell arcane? Extra Fast, Fanaticism, Phsyical Imuune in hell so I had to Beserk, but because he was so fast, when me defense hit 0 I lost half my health each time...

Or the Magic Immune Physical Immune Greater Mummy in the Halls of the Dead?

12. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Magic Immune Unravelers like achmel are a pain because it takes much longer to kill them compared to what can be done with zerking. That's were having the help of a merc and the luck of him targeting them as well helps out a lot.

In a number of ways learning how to work with a merc will make things much safer, however they have trouble following you in the arcane. If you run into any extra fast fanaticism enchanted monster, it sure helps if the mercs there equiped with a lot of slows target. If not then battle cry, max block and a very fast attack of your own (mines down to 9fps) would do the trick.

The only real threats are those champion packs of frenzytaur type monsters and Listers pack. :scared:

13. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

I even met magik imune & phisical imune..^^