Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A bad taste in my mouth...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by mali, Jan 29, 2004.

1. mali

mali IncGamers Member

A bad taste in my mouth...

There's been a real changing of the guard in Diablo recently. Many of the people I know have gone, and it seems that those who have replaced them are of substantially lesser quality.
    Diablo has soured for me. The only thing I really enjoyed was a bit of PKK, or dueling. Recently, it's so hard to find a duel I've stooped to joining normal Baal runs with my L34 Druid and asking if anyone would like to duel.
    Yesterday I had an experience which topped it all off for me.

I joined a baal run, asked politely if anyone would like to duel. A L26 Druid (account *silentstar - I think...) asked if I was one of those <expletive deleted> summoning druids who just sits in town. "Errr... no - I'll melee" says I. The druid comes, then begs off (no doubt scanning my gear with MH and realising I was set up for CB) - "I'll brb" they say. Comes back with a L66 zon. We duel, the zon running and spamming GAs... me chasing like blazes, chugging a juvie every now & then. After 3 goes, I beg off - stating that this is a pointless exercise - So the zon tells me I suck. Comes back with a L41 Druid, which I beat badly (no ear harvested due to chickenhack), comes back with a L48 Barb - again I win (and once again no ear harvested due to chickenhack). They are screaming obscenities now, and with a statement that they'll be right back, leave the game. So in enters their L88 sorceress. You've gotta be kidding me. And I have no pvp high levels, so... and this was a little bit of a risk... I went to get my IK barb - and got modem failure - quickly I disconnect and do all that crap to rejoin. He abuses me for getting a friend's barb - I tell him to look at the account names - still me! Now BullwinkleMoose has good life, and maxed res in all difficulties... very nice damage. BUT this barb was STRICTLY set up for PvM - am I being foolish? By now I'm really hoping to land a conc for over 1.5k pvp damage and getting this ear.
    We run at it, the sorc teleporting away and spamming fireballs, firewalls, meteors at me. Me never catching the sorc. He leaves, "I'm grabbing my friend's sorc!" (it's ok for you?) - returns and we go again. Same result. And once more. Same result. By now I'm bored, it's late, and due to the incessant string of obscenities that are being spewed forth: I'm really over this. I say: Well thanks for all this, but kid? You need to grow up."
    "I bet I'm older than you!" is the reply (this I doubt as I'm 36!)...
    "If that's the case, you need to act your age childman." - my response.
    "I'm 22. And I'm a girl." Ouch.
    "Then you need to clean out your potty mouth young lady."
    Further obscenities. I bail.

Not the first time something like this has happened.
    Now, this person of ill-repute is somehow attached to the group that wear the 'eZ' tag at the beginning of their character names. I do not know if she's a part of them, or just friends...
    They do have some very good duelers in that group. I fought to a draw with eZ-Ownage on my previous druid A_Sheep. Other slightly higher levels have beaten me, some quite easily. The guy who played on eZ-Ownage was polite, and seemed quite a 'good guy'. But some of the others? Arrogance personified, and terribly bad mannered (nary a sentence out but for obscenities). And if the person I think is *silentstar is attached in anyway to this group, is an indication of the character of this group... well you have a stable of Augean proportions to clean up guys.

Is this the state of bnet today?

If so, not sure that I'll be on much.

rant finished.

2. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

heh it has almost always been like this, except for those first few weeks of ladder ( I would say the first 4 were the greatest :) ).

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

come back Mali!
    Ive been on some recently if that helps... I do try my best to be polite and all online (and i think i suceed ;) ) I hope I will see you online often, if not you will be missed.

4. senji

senji Banned

its exactly like that on west

but you will find some good and legit duelers once in a while

5. mali

mali IncGamers Member

I'm still around

I'm still around. My synapses are too co-joined to dii to leave so abruptly!!!

Just... not as much.

6. MikeFord

MikeFord IncGamers Member

It certainly has gotten harder to find people, a decent game to join, and most games break up after finishing an act, or getting a visit from a PK.

7. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Hmmm

Played for about 10 minutes today, opened up a dueler game. Had three duels, and whilst all bailed suddenly (and two were back within seconds ;) ), no rudeness (phew)... no-one overly polite, but at least no AHs either.

8. Stevin

Stevin IncGamers Member

Mali,

Did you participate in ISFC? If so, Tecira is gonna start that back here sometime soon. under a different name, I think its gonna be open to everyone and not just [cannot be mentioned] but I am not sure about that, gotta ask her.

9. mali

mali IncGamers Member

hmmm

I was an ISFC dueler... that might perk me up a bit!

10. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Yes I am planning to bring back the fight club concept. It will be the CDC-Fight Club. I will allow non-members to play if they follow the rules.

Working on getting my team running well and once that is accomplished I will get the Fight Club set up :).

11. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

CDC-fight club? Oh well, too bad then. Not that I have any cahrs or gear on east or west to participate anyway.

12. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Ugh...

I'll think about that one Tec... but too many times, the contact I've had with CDC in bnut has been quite... negative. I met two new-to-CDC members online in a normal Baal run game recently - and the lesser-new one was bragging to all and sundry that the majority of a not-to-be-named hack/pk clan were now mostly residing in CDC. And we should all "ph33r their 1337 pk skills" - I'm not kidding - he typed that. I may compete, if it serves my purpose, but I don't think it'll be me that you have to worry about 'following the rules'...

13. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

I saw your throw-barb die and looted him. I wish you would've juvied, the fight could've been closer.

14. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Arses will be arses. If you want a good CDC player on your /f list, let me know. Looking forward to this club Beth. :) I just recently made a jabber and I've been having fun in pubbies, but with the mass amounts of hacks I can't land as many ears as I would like.

Lucky

15. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Mali could you pm me the name of the offender? (Was this east or west?) I thought the main trouble maker in the east was pretty much not playing D2 anymore (ie good old cracker brother OhBoy).

I wish all would behave in public like they do in our private games but sometimes we get some reversions. On behalf of the majority of CDC I will say again that the main goal of the group is to be a no hack using coop clan.

Best thing to do if you do have a problem with our people in public is bring it to the attention of one of us leaders (preferably by pm or catching us on bnet since don't want to disrupt things here with clan issues). [East leaders are me, Seren, and Stevin. If you have a west issue we can relay it to the west leader.]

16. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Ok... will do.

Will do Tec - unfortunately I paid him about as much attention as I did any of the gallons of pondscum that you come across in pubbies... so as to his name I can't remember. If I see it again, I'll probably recognise it.

Cheers tho'...

Thinking about it.

Yes Lucky, ears ARE hard to come by...

17. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga IncGamers Member

That would be great beth (this is veri btw). I'd like help with anything you guys might need to get this off the ground. I remember the old fights and boy some of them were so much fun. Be nice to get away from the duped runes, mhs and general pubicence of the realms. Also would be nice to duel without having every sorc using cta/marrows or those damn tele necros/hammers.

We also want to start some IM's and No charm/jewel 16 and under tourny at the isles. Let me know if any of the upstanding (ya i've run into some bad apples as well heh) CDC guys would like to join that.