Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a 3rd quick question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by HegemonKhan, May 11, 2008.

1. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

a 3rd quick question

can frenzy speed boast and beserk damage boast both work at same time. or does 1 cancel the other out?

i'm asking because im wondering if u can use frenzy for its 6? sec speed (attack and walk/run) boast ability and berserk for its damage boast+no def panelty ability at the same time? can these two effects be on u at same time or no?

err.. i think i messed up...with beserk i think the only timed effect on u is the no def penalty. for its damage boast u have to actually be using the skill. i don't think its part of the timed effect. or is it/can u? for example, can u use frenzy for its 6? sec speed boast than switch over to beserk (*IF* it gives damage boast on its timed effect, along with its no def penalty) than switch to ww or whatever skill? or do u only get beserks damage from actually using its skill and not on its timed effect?

2. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

Re: a 3rd quick question

after a successful frenzy attack, your attack speed will be boosted for any attack, including zerk.

3. HegemonKhan

does berserk get its enhanced damage on its timed effect* or from using the skill directly? (i know the def penalty is on berserk's timed effect.)

can u use berserk, and it's enhanced damage (IF?) is on the timed effect (like frenzy's attack and walk/run speed is), than switch to lets say ww and do enhanced beserk damage or is enhanced damage from berserk from using the skill itself and NOT applied to the timed effect?

*timed effect: frenzy's 6? second attack speed and walk/run speed boast for any skill within the 6? seconds it lasts and beserk's no def panelty for ~1 sec at sk lvl 20 berserk timed effect

4. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

I would have thought that the frenzy damage only works when you use frenzy, and that bezerk dmg would kick in when you use bezerk - so even when "frenzied" you would only do the bezerk damage if you use it - as you are not using the frenzy skill the dmg wouldnt enhance - but the attack speed would be higher, obviously.
    Tried using twin throwing axes and getting "frenzied" then sprinting past past monsters and lobbing them at speed? Thats funny....sadly not viable in anything except Act 1 normal as throw = le useless to a barb after Act 1 normal...

5. HegemonKhan

thanks norvi and eagle for your responses. sorry for this stupid question.

ya this was a stupid question. for some reason i was wondering (or more rather hoping) that berserk's damage would stay on u like frenzy's attack speed and walk/run does even after u change skills.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm slowly working on a thrower (only lvl 22 right now), btw (btw=by the way), gonna see if its possible to make him viable in hell:D

i'm sure the damage won't be enough, so i'll probably have to use CB/OW for damage/killing and maybe knockback/flee for survivibility. anyways, i'm gonna try if i can find a way to make the thrower able to do hell. CB/OW really helps if u dont have the damage (see strafer low damage issues:p). but we'll see if its possible for a thrower to do hell, and if he can, at a decent speed too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    also, it seems that for classsic, its the same as lod, with throwing weapons and their stat damage modifers.

for throwing in classic (and lod) its half for both str or dex:

2 str=1% damage increase

or

2 dex=1% damage increase

normal for melee is:

1 str=1 % damage increase

mace types get:

1 str=1.1% damage increase

normal for ranged (bows, xbows):

1 dex=1% damage increase