Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A 1.10 baal MF char?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pliu, Jan 28, 2004.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

Please Suggest 1.10 baal MF char

All my 1.09 and 1.10 chars have difficult at Worldstone Keep lvl2 and lvl3 even with max res and high life. Any suggest what char build is good to do baal mf? and what the skills and gears?

2. Pushupbravaleria

Pushupbravaleria IncGamers Member

Try a zoomancer

I have a lvl 80 zoomancer and he hardly ever dies in solo hell with his large meatsheild of skells and revives. The mix of elements and physical damage make him flexible in any act. Runs are a little slow but amp and corpse explosion help to speed things along.

I had a lot of problems keeping my number of revives up until I made an enigma. After I clear a big area I make a short tp. It rounds up all my lost pets.

If u got maxed resists I suggest a tp right on baal (or meph) and take a few steps back. All your skells and revives will tp on top of him but stay there as you move away a bit. This tight knot of pets kick the snot out of him that much faster.

Some people might laugh because it does no damage but I think a decent clay golem is godly against bosses. Slowing baal 50-60 percent makes runs much more survivable imo.

One other tip. Right before I go into baal's throneroom to face his minions I pause and let my creature go over the threshold. I let them kill whatever they find but don't revive the bodies. If the bodies are over the threshold but far enough away from the throne they don't disappear after the last minion of destruction dies. I revive them right before going in the worldstone portal bringing me up to my max revives.

You may know a lot of this strategy but maybe a thing of two might be useful. It keeps me alive.

Good luck

3. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Check out Nightfish skellimancer guide on the SPF forum or in the Strategy Compenduim at dii.net. I dont know if the guide is still posted at the SPF after The Great Forum Crash 3..

4. Jaldert

Jaldert IncGamers Member

I think a Blessed Hammer Paladin with Enigma armor rules all the way.

I am trying to get myself the armor but... well.... hard to get :)

5. pliu

pliu Banned

Yes. I aggree. Enigma help alot, but it damn hard to get the runes.I have a lvl 89 v1.10 hammerdin use skuler. He can almost handle everything in WS2/3. But when he face dark souls and the sprite spear throwing guys, his life orb drop like hell :(

6. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Wasn't hard for me to get on USEast NonLadder, traded a Crown of Ages that I got from Pindle for 3 Bers, 2 Jahs, and an Ohm. Was able to make two Enigmas and trade for a HOTO. Maybe I'm just lucky.

So I made a Hammerdin. Right now he can solo Hell Baal pretty easily and he's only level 83. None of the Minion waves can stand a chance against 9K damage. :D

7. Mafia-CUD

Mafia-CUD IncGamers Member

ULTIMATER is correct.... the Skellymancer by Nightfish is very effective in the Worldstone and his killing speed can be quite fast w/ Max CE. the guide is still available in the Strategy Compendium

8. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

It's possible to do baal runs with a sorc and a good merc, but some runs might be slow or impossible because of too many burning souls or elemental immune to your skill. I think with tons of practice you can do a decent amount of runs.

ORRRRRR you can do it the classic safety way. Grab a total PvM character with kickass resists etc and bash your way through the minions and hurt baal till he has like 1 millimeter of hp left. make sure game has been around for at least 5 minutes, leave and bring in mf char and try to finish him off with full mf gear on, while he has a tiny bit of hp left. This method can be very tiring but its the safest way ive been able to do runs when i had the time.

9. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Skelemancer or Hammerdin be dah way to go. You can get more MF on the necro, as resists dont matter as much. :D