^_______^ Maul Bear Questions(SS druids in general)

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
^_______^ Maul Bear Questions(SS druids in general)

Im going to make my maul bear(lvl 51 gogo a_Korean)
The gear im going to be using is going to be something like this

Helm:jalals(25 max)
armor:Jewelers archon of stab(2* 26, 1* 26, 1*27=_=)
Rings:2* Ravens(20 dex*2)
Belt:37/15 verds
Shield:Stormshield(sock with shael?Max jewel? -req jewel?)
Glove:Bloodfist
Boots:Gores
Ammy:highlords
Weapons:A)phase blade(110 ias, ed/ias jewels*2)
b)120% iAs berserker Axe
39* max/ar/lilfe scs, gcs, etc
1* anni(15/10/8)
and i was wondering how much str i should invest(i know how much dex i want)
I was thikning 70-100 to wear storm with all gear on
is that ok?Or too high
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
well, since its fairly obvious that you are going pure mauler, then extra strength is definitely not a bad thing. you will want to socket the stormshield with a shael rune, and try to get 86 fhr. From your gear listed, you have (30+30+10+24=94 fhr), meaning you are a bit over my recommended target of 86. there are a few things you can do to remedy this. One solution I was considering the other day would be to use a Ber/90 max/stab or life armor (I prefer stab), ber helm (go go ber cerebus, but I am nuts. A ber jalals will do just fine), and then you can lose the crap dungoes (+vit is pretty well wasted on a shifter) and get something much better (rare belt with 24 fhr/+str/life would be ideal). It will give you a stronger vit or strength, depending on what you want, much higher life (the points are actually in vit now), etc. Assuming you get a 24 fhr rare belt with good mods, then you have (24+24+30) 78 fhr, meaning a single 8 percent fhr large charm puts you at 86, and leaving your gloves free for my favorite maul bear gloves, steel rends. It adds maybe 200-300 damage to your attack, but for a maul bear, that can be from 1/20 to 1/10 of your total damage, quite a significant amount in my opinion. However, you do lose some +max damage from this tact (at perfect, 60 max from armor/helm), which you can rectify some amount by going over to war travelers (often recommended for phase users) and sticking with the highlords. I fail to see the reason for using the 120 ias zerker axe, as it gives you a range 3 attack for about 100 more max damage (after maul charge/ed, everything). If you want a 5 fpa weapon, then use a 3xed/ias, shael griz caddy. It will give a large amount of damage for a bear (like 184 max on mine), but is also only range 2. When you duel, don't forget to shockwave first to get the "swirlies" on them, and then switch over to your main attack. Good luck sir!

--welt
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
well, since its fairly obvious that you are going pure mauler, then extra strength is definitely not a bad thing. you will want to socket the stormshield with a shael rune, and try to get 86 fhr. From your gear listed, you have (30+30+10+24=94 fhr), meaning you are a bit over my recommended target of 86. there are a few things you can do to remedy this. One solution I was considering the other day would be to use a Ber/90 max/stab or life armor (I prefer stab), ber helm (go go ber cerebus, but I am nuts. A ber jalals will do just fine), and then you can lose the crap dungoes (+vit is pretty well wasted on a shifter) and get something much better (rare belt with 24 fhr/+str/life would be ideal). It will give you a stronger vit or strength, depending on what you want, much higher life (the points are actually in vit now), etc. Assuming you get a 24 fhr rare belt with good mods, then you have (24+24+30) 78 fhr, meaning a single 8 percent fhr large charm puts you at 86, and leaving your gloves free for my favorite maul bear gloves, steel rends. It adds maybe 200-300 damage to your attack, but for a maul bear, that can be from 1/20 to 1/10 of your total damage, quite a significant amount in my opinion. However, you do lose some +max damage from this tact (at perfect, 60 max from armor/helm), which you can rectify some amount by going over to war travelers (often recommended for phase users) and sticking with the highlords. I fail to see the reason for using the 120 ias zerker axe, as it gives you a range 3 attack for about 100 more max damage (after maul charge/ed, everything). If you want a 5 fpa weapon, then use a 3xed/ias, shael griz caddy. It will give a large amount of damage for a bear (like 184 max on mine), but is also only range 2. When you duel, don't forget to shockwave first to get the "swirlies" on them, and then switch over to your main attack. Good luck sir!

--welt
Ha ^^detailed text
I could change up my charm set up
24 From armor(jewelers of stab)
30 from jalals(54 so far)
12 from GC(max/ar/fhr)66(i need 20 more?)
Bloodfists(Or I could go Draculs for the OW?)
Anyway, i could easily hit 86% fhr, its not much of a problem
Im going mainly DvD, and which would you use, the phase, or Caddy
Wouldnt 4 frame more effective overeall?
Or maybe 85(that 5 frame on pb right?)ias phase blade, +Lo

And how much damage should I expect?
And when going titans, you go all str/max block no vit right?
And would a titan be optimal for a mauler?
 

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is the #'s i got on uncharged maul on one my theoretical builds that was similar to yours

Titan 333-1015 w/ no charms
Vit 201-613 w/ no charms

w/ (3/20's, used for ease of calculating) this will translate to
Titan 333-1665
Vit 201-1005

So the charms show a dramatic increase. I have tried a vit that was maul/fc but a tad bit more fc and he did very well. I have stripped him however to try a titan out and he seems very promising. It really is kind of hit or miss still since a lot of us that are experimenting on maulers dont really find a lot of time to play and havent found out how to successfully make a great one.

Titan is all str and enough dex for block .. you are correct
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
Here is the #'s i got on uncharged maul on one my theoretical builds that was similar to yours

Titan 333-1015 w/ no charms
Vit 201-613 w/ no charms

w/ (3/20's, used for ease of calculating) this will translate to
Titan 333-1665
Vit 201-1005

So the charms show a dramatic increase. I have tried a vit that was maul/fc but a tad bit more fc and he did very well. I have stripped him however to try a titan out and he seems very promising. It really is kind of hit or miss still since a lot of us that are experimenting on maulers dont really find a lot of time to play and havent found out how to successfully make a great one.

Titan is all str and enough dex for block .. you are correct
Hmm...it doesnt seem to make abig difference, will the max armor add more damage?
And, do you go to druidpk?^_^(or play east) i just finished getting most items, just need a few more charms and max jewels

And it seems a tough choice between time honored bloodfists, or the newer dracs/steelrends
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Kirby Hunter said:
Hmm...it doesnt seem to make abig difference, will the max armor add more damage?
And, do you go to druidpk?^_^(or play east) i just finished getting most items, just need a few more charms and max jewels

And it seems a tough choice between time honored bloodfists, or the newer dracs/steelrends
we both play east and druidpk. voice's bears are more on ladder, and my currently geared bear is on non. I would *never* use dracs as they are considered bm there, and I prefer to get my fhr elsewhere, so I use steel rends. If you absolutely cannot get the faster hit recovery you need elsewhere, then go for the bloodfists, but the damage helps. See you there.

--welt
 

Kirby Hunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
we both play east and druidpk. voice's bears are more on ladder, and my currently geared bear is on non. I would *never* use dracs as they are considered bm there, and I prefer to get my fhr elsewhere, so I use steel rends. If you absolutely cannot get the faster hit recovery you need elsewhere, then go for the bloodfists, but the damage helps. See you there.

--welt
:O whats your acct ^_^
and the game doesnt seem to be up too often
anyway
How much dmg would a 40ish % steelrends adds, and a 50%^_^(both say 15 str?)
 
Top