99 theorycrafting and stuff like that

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone mentioned assassins earlier so I'll talk about mine. Might get it to 99, but probably not, I'm too lazy.

Concept: This is a mix of two ideas. One, trapsin. Normally, a trapsin's solution for LIs is to chuck fire bombs. I hate this. It's a clumsy spell, and doesn't do much damage. The second idea is kicks. Kicks are obviously a big complement to traps ( hence the 'kick/trap' sin ). Only problem is, the K/T sin focuses much more on kicks and traps are sort of.. hmm whatever. I actually redid my riftsin sin to use max TS/DT alongside max dtalon and death sentries. It works out quite a lot better then low level traps, but again, it's not powerful enough to do high psettings hell in difficult areas.

So here you have it, the idea is to have a K/T sin that gets useful kicks AND useful traps. Another couple things I like is that since you have an attack, you can leech life/mana and that is so cool for a çaster. In addition, it makes act bosses much easier. I mean, have you tried to kill p8 Diablo with traps? It suuuuuuucks. I know people are going be like, dude, let the merc do his thing with crushing blow on infinity. Not enough imo.

Now, the major problem with it is that kick and trap weapons are quite different. For traps dual claws are preferred, giving up to +12 to trap skills. For kicks, something like Rift+stormshield or stormlash. Having both and on switch means having to give up CtA, which is a major downer. But think about this. CtA+spirit is +3 skills. Count Battle command and that's +4 skills. Am I really going to spend 20 hours shopping cunning claws with +3 lite sentry. Probably not. +4 skills is pretty decent for 2 weapon slots, so make your cta in a fast base to get fast trap laying speed it's done. My choice would be military pick- it looks different from both hammer ( rift ), and flail ( stormlash ).

Once you have that, the whole build comes together. You'll notice that the glove and boot slots don't do a whole lot for traps. Dracs and Gore riders thus go there. As a side note, the reqs for an upped Gore riders is the same as that for a monarch. Is that cool or what. I thought of other gloves but at this moment dracs is just too good. The helm and belt conversely don't do much for kicks ( unless you want G-face but I'll explain this below ). Shako/sin circlet and arachnids are obvious choices. BKWB and RF are ring choices. Amulet is up for grabs. I managed to fit in manaleech, +2, 10 fcr here.

Current Equipment:

Harlequin crest
Treachery (<- to be replaced by enigma )
Call to arms crystal sword ( <- replace with military pick perhaps )
Spirit monarch 35 fcr
Rift war scepter ( <- Stormlash? )
Stormshield monarch
Blood necklace amulet ( see below )
Gore rider myrmidon greaves
Dracul's grasp
Arachnid mesh
Bul Kathos wedding band
Raven frost.
Black flail in stash ( for act bosses )
4 entrapping skillers
1 shogukusha with life ( this gets me to lvl 30 kick breakpoint )

Blood Necklace <-- I really like this. Yay to gold find barbs?
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 97
Fingerprint: 0x979415da
+68 to Mana
+8 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +17
6% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate

This gets me the following attributes

20%/50% pdr
65 fcr ( will be important when I get enigma )
20 fhr
10 fpa traps , 3fpa kicks.
55% cb when I replace rift with black, against act bosses.
11% leech, 6% manaleech, life tap.
Lvl 36 traps
Lvl 30 kick

Merc: Act 2 defiance

Infinity thresher
Eth upped duriel's shell
Tal rasha helm

Playstyle: Switch to cta spirit. Cast BC/BO. Lay 4 LS 1 DS. Switch. Cast Cloak of shadows. Kick things. Switch. Lay LS/DS. Switch. Kick things. Cast cloak of shadows. Repeat.
( I'll have to add teleporting to this when I get enigma ).

Against act bosses, I take a tp home and replace my rift with a 'black' flail. They're the only ones against whom CB matters anyway. This is why I don't need Guillame's face. One idea is that stormlash might be better than rift ( + it has CB too ), but not having one I can't really compare. Stormlash does lightning damage. Rift is mainly cold. Since I mainly want to kill LIs with kicks, I think rift might be better than stormlash but not sure.

This is easily the most powerful assassin I have and is pure fun to play. Cloak of shadows is the key to this build as it shuts down pretty much everything hard. Ofc I kinda suck at casting it correctly but am improving. I did many parts of hell at p7, including chaos sanctuary and WSK with ease.

Currently at level **. Highly unlikely I'll take it to 99 but probably pretty high. The build will be 'complete' ( last LS synergy point ) at L 98. Also, I need to find teh enigma. Currently doing full clears, but I can see the potential this gal has for Baalruns and suchlike.

As it just happens, the first run on clearing chaos got me two assassin items. Cool huh?
Code:
Firelizard's Talons
Feral Claws
One-Hand Damage: 68 to 164
Durability: 44 of 52
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 113
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 67
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xd654e05a
+211% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +67%
Adds 236-480 fire damage
15% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
+2 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Jade Talon
Wrist Sword
One-Hand Damage: 102 to 135
Durability: 50 of 56
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 105
Required Strength: 105
Required Level: 66
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x3022de64
+201% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +47
12% Mana stolen per hit
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Last edited:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Wow, this sin actually sounds like a lot of fun! (I have tried neither a trapper or a kicker, or any hybrid of the two!)
So I can't give much or any criticism myself, but can't wait to hear what other people think.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty cool, similar build as I made somehwre at first page, but then with enigma possibility, using fade. While I will use CoH+burst of speed. With spirit you can get decent castspeed, but the difference in damage between lvl 36 and lvl 40+ traps is pretty high. this shouldnt be underestimated.
Also you might need to get in some atkspeed when you switch treachery for enigma. jewel of fervor in shako is a start, then you will have to check breakpoints and you will likely have to offer your gloves for some crafted ias gloves and maybe even your belt for that 10 ias belt.
Im still very far away from my build: 3 bers and stormlash :D. Im very interested in your experiences, what you die/allmost die from, what is easy/hard to kill etc.

also: wow that amulet is amazing

I edited my post at the first page few times with new ideas I had, currently im planning at mavinas belt for the manaleech (and frw since no teleport)

Did I allready say how awesome that amulet is? :D

In my test runs I noticed that you are very very busy in between the minion waves and without burst of speed all your stuff is done even slower with the decrepify buff, you might encounter problems with this. In my testing I still use fade since i cant afford BoS.

edit: duh you plan to run diablo, so what I wrote here is complete off topic.

When I wrote my build, I even made a note in my build that im looking for such an amulet as yours :D I love it

Last edited:

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Also the advantage of crafted ias gloves besides the crushing blow is that if you roll some with +1/2 martial art skills, you dont need your skiller anymore to reach the lvl 30 kicks and so you can use another trap skiller.

Obviously the disadvantage is losing lifetap, which will mostly hurt your merc and since you depend at infinity you need to go ressurect him and that costs a lot of time. You will also need to carry townportals etc. so it also costs room in inventory.

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
I know, the amulet is pretty insane :D
I've thought about kick and trap speeds with enigma. With call to arms in a -10 base ( probably military pick, so as to distinguish between rift hammer and stormlash scourge ), I need 55 ias for 10 fpa traps. With CTA being 40 ias, that just requires ias jewel in helm. 3fpa kick with rift requires 30 ias so probably ias jewel in helm and shield will do it. Currently the stormshield is unsocketed and shako has a 'Ral' <- laziness

Switched up my strategies for killing act boss. Instead of switching rift for black, I switch shako for G-face. You might think this is to get orb damage but it isn't. The main reason is the 'Damage goes to mana' mod on rift, which is pretty much necessary against Baal unless you want to keep popping potions. Ofc, Enigma has DGTM as well so that'll probably be moot. Ofc, I lose the 50 mf on shako. Other equipment changes might be necessary. I'll have to play around with 2/20 MA gloves and see if giving up dracs is acceptable. I also don't have maxblock either- dumped all the points into vit so I have 2300+ life, which is good, but maxblock on stormshield might be a better idea.

The minion waves are mostly really easy. Lightning traps+ death sentry massacre them with infinity and I always hit them with CoS first. Baal might cast decrep but I don't care. Lister is the big pain. I back off from the throne ( to stop decrepify from Baal ), then CoS, then mindblast, then kick them a bit and eventually they die.

Don't see any reason not to carry tomes of portal and identify in the inventory. I always do. There's no telling when one might need it.

Things that are easy/hard to kill? Mostly it depends on CoS. Casting CoS in the right place at the right time shuts down pretty much anything. Can't stress more on how important this skill is and I'm getting better at casting it now ( earlier I sucked and missed completely ).

Edit: I now read your post at the beginning of the thread.
IMO, if your going to do Baal, enigma is pretty much a must, I don't see how you can get there in time otherwise. BoS+running is not going to do it because there will very often be things, dangerous things blocking your way. even amazons with their dreadful cast rate still use enigma for Baal runs.
Otherwise, it seems you were somewhat on the same track as me which is remarkable, but not having CtA will be a big downer.

Last edited:

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
The other thing I tried today was a wolf barb. Since a wolf barb attacks with only one weapon I used grief pb and put beast in one offhand and azurewrath in the other so the switches are grief/azurewrath and grief/beast depending on whether I want fanaticism ( against most monsters ), or sanctuary ( against undeads, PIs and some high phy res monsters like gloam ). Other gear is fortitude, wolfhowl ( 5/6/5 ), LoH, SoE,etc, usual suspects. Beast giving +3 lycanthropy for shifting is another plus.

This is a very fun build! Wolf tears through WSK even on high player settings. One annoying this was having to unshift to cast warcries. Also unable to use find item, unable to use berserk. The fact that wolfhowl lacks resists and FHR of Arreats is not helping. Overall it is a much stronger build than I would have thought, but it doesn't match up to whirlwind. Nothing matches up to whirlwind. Feral being an interruptible attack means that lister minions are a much bigger problem, specially on p8.

Stridje (sp? ) used Ebotd GPA which is like 1.5 times the damage of grief pb so while that might be better, I think the itd of grief and ability to wield an offhand weapon such as beast or azurewrath makes it just as good or a better candidate. Not having an ebotd GPA I can't really test it though. The Nihilithak running concentrator posted in the first page is pretty interesting as well, though I'll have to wait for enigma to try it out.

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member
If this were a normal forum i would. And i'd win without any trouble. However..there's too many wacko's here so i imagine there's people here that are crazy enough to make it. And i suspect you might be one of them. No offense. :badteeth:

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok some update on assassin.. For some time I was distracted with my pure lightning 200 fcr sorc. It is an absolutely ridiculous build- undoubtedly the most powerful in the game, however also very fragile and needing to pop lot of potions. The sorceress has no defence or block of any kind,no leech, no crowd control, low hp even with BO, thereby needing tons of teleporting and popping potions now and then, specially mana potions because of infinity merc. Also, it uses exactly two skills ( lightning and teleport ) so it can get boring somewhat. I find WSK difficult with the sorc especially if things like gloams and dolls spawn. Even though gloam LI is broken by infinity and I have 28 elr they don't go down very quick, and having basically no defensive attribute isn't helping. She is pretty awesome for chaos runs though. I leveled her from 90 to 92 on p8 chaos quite quickly, with one death ( grand vizir! who would have thought ), and another 2-3 deaths trying out wsk ( mostly gloams and dolls ).

Assassin is the complete opposite, she is not that damaging and ( without enigma ) has less mobility, but her defensive attributes are fantastic. CoS, lifetap, leech, and doing so many types of damage provide versatility against basically any spawn of the WSK. I think while stormlash can be better against waves+baal ( since nothing there is LI and static will bring them down ), but rift is better overall, because it gives nice cold and elemental damage to take down things like gloams easily. I did a few p8 wsk runs and had no real trouble with it, tried doing some parts without CtA but it's just not the same honestly, I think slightly less trap damage is acceptable when you look at the safety element.

Now for some equipment re-thinks. Apart from the stormlash and enigma which I still have to acquire and try out, there's the question of headgear, CtA base and maxblock. Currently I am running on no block ( all vita ). Max block might help vs things like frenzy taur and lister gang, but not much use against much else. Choice of cta base is also related. Phase blade will reach 9 fpa with just one jewel of fervour in helm, but it will obviously make me commit to max block. Guess I'll have to try it out and see how that goes.

As for the helm, I recently acquired this which larzuk was kind enough to give 2 sockets

Code:
Cunning Coronet of the Locust
Defense: 34
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xb999b1b3
5% Life stolen per hit
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
Socketed (2: 0 used)
An interesting helm, providing extra +1 trap skills, 1 extra socket and some leech. Downsides compared to shako are loss of +2 other skills ( and to BO ), life, mana, pdr and MF. Don't know whether I will use this but I will try it at some point.

Merc equipment changes

Armor: eth bug fortitude
Helm: Andariel's Visage 'Ral'
changed defiance merc to might.

I was pleased by the performance of the new armor helm combo. The extra poison resist comes in handy, extra lite res vs gloam, life boost, 11k def even without defiance ( chilling armor ftw ), much better damage and attack speed. I was going to try out some gladiator's bane combo but I think this is good enough and has many advantages.

One thing I am coming to terms with at this point is that it is not really necessary to go gung ho into action all the time. Dolls? They're not immune or resistant to lightning. Sit back and let the traps do their thing.

I am really digging this idea of ultimate assassin. For now, this is the only assassin I have which is powerful and versatile enough to slog through p8 WSK no matter what spawned, so I might be on to something here. What is the experience of people with full trappers?

zgpmf

Diabloii.Net Member
@zaphodbrx
I'm not a big assassin expert, I only played trapsin and I barely tried out kicks. Fire blast is ok skill if you max it and have as more sinergies as possible and even facets help FB unlike they do for lightning sentry. Trap/kick hybrid is probably better but there are so many different equipment combinations that is very hard to figure out which is optimal. Max block helps a lot against dolls and Assassin has a very good faster block rate frame breakpoints.

My LF zon reached 98 yesterday and I started to run Nihl for 99. I rerolled map only once and got the best map ever, with 3 shrines on the way to Nihl.
Runs are very safe, I put sol'd stormshield and wizardspike on my teleport switch. Main switch is Titan's and -15/14 ATSoD. I have max block on both switches. Sadly, I had to replace Razortail with Arachnids and Mara's with crafted +2 amazon amulet to reach 100% FCR for teleport. I also have Nature's peace ring for RIP mode and it conviniently has "Damage reduced by 11" so that's two birds with one stone. The other ring slot is Raven frost for obvious reasons. Boots are war traveler, gloves are +3 J&S/20 IAS, Enigma body armor.
I only died once because I forgot to replace merc's Infinity with lower damaging one and remove Fortitude so that he can't kill anything.

I was thinking to give fire druid a go as my next project but that is so far away that I have plenty of time to think about it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that CtA is in the cube for prebuff.

Last edited:

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Here are my druid plans:
As mentioned I need CoH and infinity for my assassin, so the majority of runewords will allrdy be finished before I start my druid project which requires the same runewords+ even more HR's.

Im going to make a hybrid armageddon/volcano/furywolf. My plan is to make an eth atmabugged doom giant tresher as weapon. This weapon will cost sur+ber+cham, pretty expensive :). As before, I do not timetravel, so no 1.07 base for me.
doom tresher reaches the 5 frames breakpoint under decrepify with fury and with the 20% deadly strike the damageoutput is pretty similar as 4frames tombreaver or 5 frames ebotd. The cool thing about this weapon are the holy freeze aura and the ctc volcano, which can actually deal a good amount of damage when synergized.
Skill layout:
1 lycan
(9/16)werewolf<<lvl 16 ww is needed to reach 9/5 fury or lvl 9 werewolf can be used with 20ias gloves, which would just require the base 1 point in werewolf with the +skills and make it more easy to use naj puzzler switch instead of prebuff switch.
20 fury
20 molten builder
20 armageddon
20 fissure
rest in HoW (or armageddon synergies, but I think HoW will be more usefull, since lister is FI)

on switch I can use najs puzzler or cta+spirit. not decided yet. cta+spirit prebuff will save me a lot of skillpoints in werewolf, make my armageddon lots stronger and also offcourse give my spirit, merc and myself more HP. mang song lesson with firefacet, would be the ultimate armageddon prebuff switch.

Likely I will use infinity/might at my merc to lower defense and resists, which will likely be more usefull as decrepify/might merc and will allow me to use lifetap curse from gloves. The merc will also help to land some quick crushing blows at baal, which I lack some only using goreriders. If I seem not to need lifetap because of the holyfreeze aura, I might use some bloodcrafted ias/manaleech gloves.

Im pretty sure this character will be fun enough to take him all the way to 99 and making a furywolf to 99 is absolute one of my d2 dreams. stone skin lister will have to be parked or killed just from openwounds/holy freeze.
Im not sure how I will do vs lister in general, but with the defensive abilities of doom runeword I think it will be fine. Anyway, this is all far future;just wanted to show you how I plan to get a druid to 99.

few edits:
Previously I thought I could reach 9/5 fury with GPA under decrepify, but this would need lvl 31 werewolf, 20 ias gloves and 15 ias jewel in jalal's. Giant tresher is weapon of choice now.

Last edited:

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
That sounds very cool.. in theory. Call me skeptical though.
The highest dmg fury druid I have made has LCS dmg of 5900-11k, other goodies like 62% deadly strike, 50% cb, 9k AR, 2.5k hp, blah, blah. He is crap. The skill itself is crap. It doesn't compare to zeal, and is even worse than fend.

It's interruptible to begin with ( unlike zeal/fend )
It suffers greatly from 'whiffing' effect whenever one of the shots miss or the target moves out of range or something. This is even more excaberated by using a shield.
It makes manaleech ineffective. If your druid goes down to 0 mana, it does not substitute the normal attack-> steal mana-> resume skill attack. Instead the druid just stands there and says something moronic like 'I can't'.
It's multiplier effects such as might and HoW are unreliable. Spirits are notorious for constantly dying in hell. The druid does not have any crowd control skills or prebuff warcries to keep his might merc alive, so it will constantly die.
Feral->fury doesn't work nearly as well as you'd think. Charging up and keeping the charge constantly wastes time and for what? fury's just so bad that the '70% life leech' doesn't work as good as it sounds.
Worst of all, a pure fury druid has no way to deal with PIs at all.

Some problems could be solved by going fury/rabies, but that is a very different build from pure fury and has tons of problems of it's own, not to mention there are some PI/PoI monsters in WSK.

I don't know what to say about volcano and armageddon, except that you must not have tried them, both are just ridiculously bad, armageddon specially. I have tried both pure fire druid ( with ~lvl 36 spells and infinity merc ), and a fireclaws/armaggedon hybrid bear. While fun skills, they are not in any way 99 material. Volcano has trouble killing devilkins in the pits, I'll leave it at that.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
That sounds very cool.. in theory. Call me skeptical though.
The highest dmg fury druid I have made has LCS dmg of 5900-11k, other goodies like 62% deadly strike, 50% cb, 9k AR, 2.5k hp, blah, blah. He is crap. The skill itself is crap. It doesn't compare to zeal, and is even worse than fend.

It's interruptible to begin with ( unlike zeal/fend )
It suffers greatly from 'whiffing' effect whenever one of the shots miss or the target moves out of range or something. This is even more excaberated by using a shield.
It makes manaleech ineffective. If your druid goes down to 0 mana, it does not substitute the normal attack-> steal mana-> resume skill attack. Instead the druid just stands there and says something moronic like 'I can't'.
It's multiplier effects such as might and HoW are unreliable. Spirits are notorious for constantly dying in hell. The druid does not have any crowd control skills or prebuff warcries to keep his might merc alive, so it will constantly die.
Feral->fury doesn't work nearly as well as you'd think. Charging up and keeping the charge constantly wastes time and for what? fury's just so bad that the '70% life leech' doesn't work as good as it sounds.
Worst of all, a pure fury druid has no way to deal with PIs at all.

Some problems could be solved by going fury/rabies, but that is a very different build from pure fury and has tons of problems of it's own, not to mention there are some PI/PoI monsters in WSK.

I don't know what to say about volcano and armageddon, except that you must not have tried them, both are just ridiculously bad, armageddon specially. I have tried both pure fire druid ( with ~lvl 36 spells and infinity merc ), and a fireclaws/armaggedon hybrid bear. While fun skills, they are not in any way 99 material. Volcano has trouble killing devilkins in the pits, I'll leave it at that.
mm you sound prettty convincing. In theory it all sounded like a pretty cool plan to me, but your arguments seem right. I know fury is interuptable, but hoped with the freeze at doom, fury will not get interupted so often. Does anyone have some doom weapon and any experience with it at furywolf?

Also im not planning to charge feral, I know that is not ideal. lifeleech at CoH, SoE and gloves should be sufficient.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
Im still not cinvinced enough to discard this plan so i did some more calculations at the wereform website: http://home.comcast.net/~thedragoon/wereformadvanced.html

Since you said fury is not an ideal skill, I checked and I could easily reach 6frame feral rage with giant tresher. However on papre fury seems a lot more powerfull nd I still think fury is the way to go, especially with freeze, freezing all enemies I hit. Furthermore 9/5 fury is a must so a volcano will be dropped averagely each 4.5 seconds. (116 frames). Which is pretty cool for a 4 second delay skill.
Because of the rarity and high stat requirements of giant tresher and low range of tresher, I convinced myself some that GPA should be the weapon used. GPA is simply the best elite polearm, also dealing 12% more damage as giant tresher.

You are right, that I dont want my merc to die all the time, and even though I feel like holyfreeze and freeze from doom will be helpfull. I know from experience that the merc dies easiliy without lifetap. If its not from the minions, then it is from Baal himself. So im kinda settled with draculs gloves.
Now to reach that 9/5 fury I could add 45 ias at equipment. 10 at belt, 20 at amulet, 15 at helmet. After this I would need a lvl 24 werewolf skill to reach that 9/5 fury while decrepified. The loss of pdr% at the belt is sad but nothing to do about it, without that 10% ias I would need lvl 31 wolf.
With just a lvl 24 werewolf skill, I can get a 1 point wonder HoW aswell, which can be resummoned after each wave.

About the not going to base attack, which sucks vs mana burn. I agree that sucks and good that you pointed it out. I can see myself dieing vs mana burn wave 4&5. my belt will likely be 1 mana and 3x full rejuv setup.

about the point that both furywolf and fire druid dont deal a lot of damage. My plan is to be both and 2x not so much damage=lots of damage (I hope). :)
Atmabugged doom GPA has like 600 average damage and with about 1000%ed (fury+might+how+str) and 70% deadly strike(doom+highlords wrath+goreriders) it should average like 50k damage each 29 frames and what I read about volcanos is that they can be pretty devasating vs monsters stat stand still on top of the volcano, and because of me being a meleechar isntead of a caster char, they will be standing still on top of those volcanos. The 3k firedamage from armageddon is just a shiny bonus.

zgpmf

Diabloii.Net Member
I played fury wolf with doom ogre maul before I restarted a year ago. I leveld him to 95 at Baal, IIRC it went very well and fast but I went with pure fury build.

I think the Stormlash/Phoenix setup would be much better, I tried that at p8 AT and it was awesome, the only problem was merc dying all the time and Lash broking very often.

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer feral rage to fury. More controllable, no whiffing, less problem vs mana burners, extra leech and frw, downside being less damage I suppose. The problem here is that there is almost no reason to make a feral rage druid, as a barbarian ( wolfbarb ) does that job so much better. BO, shout, ironskin, natural resistance, weapon mastery, ability to wield offhand weapon puts him miles ahead of any druid build.
Maybe fury is not all that bad, my first pat was a fury druid using windhammer, but then I got used to stuff like zeal and whirlwind and now find it not up to the mark.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I too used a fury druid with windhammer, and found it very powerful. I did run into the whiffing problem, too, but this was long before I learned what causes it and how to stop it (just reclick, right?). If you're using RMB for fury then it's no big deal at all because you don't even need to choose your target (iirc it just hits enemies when you walk into them, like frenzy does). I think this druid idea is pretty cool and I don't think it will be that difficult to get the hang of. If you're whiffing you'll notice, so it's just a quick fix, imo.

Pyrotechnician

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
My fury druid on bnet ran with a doom thresher, all of the mods on that weapon are great for a fury druid, lots of damage, on weapon ias, extra plus skills, etc. etc. The real reason I considered Doom in the first place was in fact for the holy freeze because I really wanted to have a holy freeze merc but didn't think it would be optimal. I never expanded into synergizing the fire skills but it still ended up being a great choice.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for all the comments and tips zgmf, pharphis, pyro and especially zaphodbrx. I dotn know if weapon range has any influence at the so called "whiffing", but I will rly keep remembering this plan until I have the runewealth.