Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

99% of bnet players are retarded kids?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Afanagi, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

99% of bnet players are retarded kids?

I dont want to offend anyone here, but today, I got totally pis** by so many players on BNet. I'll give you some examples and please tell me, whether it is just my bad luck or general state.

I created game called "Othundergod N8pgs". It didn't have the highest stats, but anyway 8 pgems was a very fair prize. But then people started to join my game.

First one:
    "show"
    "show"
    "show"
    -(I showed him)
    "Omg i dont need low noob"
    -disconnected immediately

Second one:
    trade window-> I put the belt in -> he put 4 pgs.
    -"I need 8 pgs"
    "plzzzzzzzzzz"
    -"No, I really need 8pgs"
    hostility
    disconnected

Third one:
    trade window->I put in belt -> He put in Kira's guardian
    -"I need 8 pgs, not items"
    "plzzzzzzzzz"
    -"No, the name of the game is clear. I need 8 pgs"
    "plzzzzzzzz"
    -> noone else was there, so I went baalrunning there, but the player stayed connected
    "Where are you?"
    -"Why do you ask?"
    "Because I want to trade"
    -"Do you have pgs?"
    "No, I have a good helm"
    -"You shouldn't join trade games, when you dont have anything to trade"
    "come, I want to trade"
    -"Get out of my game please"
    "**** YOU"
    -> disconnected

I could post here soo many annoying things, that happen to me, but it would be too long. Do you think, these people are serious or is it just some kind of Blizzard soft, that want us not to play any more, because its free?

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

People are stupidly ignorant. More so with the anonymity of the internet. Nothing else to add.

3. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

i don't know if i agree with the title of the thread, but i think there are definately more kids playing during the day. i play later at night on US West .. after all the bnet kiddies go to sleep. people are nicer then.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Nothing in those cases sounds at all out of the ordinary for trading. First guy wanted a higher stat one than you had, second guy wanted to bargain, third guy was trying to make a different deal. That's why it's trading, not the mall.

5. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

It was more an exaggeration, than my true opinion. But sometimes it looks like its true.

6. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

In all honesty I wouldnt have a clue what "Othundergod N8pgs" meant. Then off course I wouldnt joined that game then either.

That makes me half-retarded?

7. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

But you forgot about few things.
    first guy - Called me noob. But when I was offering thundergod for pgems, who would expect a perfect one?

second guy - Well, I agree, he just tried to haggle. But when I said no, he turned hostile.

third guy - He said **** off, although I was nice to him even when he was obviously bothering me.

8. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

No. That doesnt make you half-retarded. That just makes you a reasonable guy.

9. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

probably not :wink3: just means you probably don't trade a lot, or go to trade games/forums. i don't either.

"O" meaning offering/owning, "N" meaning need. 8pgs = 8 perfect gems (any kind unless specified).

10. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

If you are going to get your panties in a bunch over being called a noob, you need to get off the intarwebs. If you are going to get your panties in a bunch over being told to **** off, you need to get off the intarwebs.

The first guy was clearly looking to rip someone off, when your tgods was not up to snuff, he insulted you and left. Welcome to the world of pre-teens on the internet.

11. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

Well, I thought that pre-teens are playing latest DOOM-like games with high-end graphics on papa's computer. I'd expect more old-school players in world of D2. Why would any kid want to play 10-yrs old game? He wouldn't be accepted by his friends for playing such an old game:)

12. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Exactly why I avoid public trading games like the plague.

Actually.... all public games in general.

13. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Blizzard says that Battle.net is for ages 13 and older. Doesn't always seem like it. Too bad they have no way of finding out...

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Me too. All my trades are done between me and my friends, most of whom are members of this forum. Less stupidity to worry about.

15. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

On the other hand, public games are a good way to get rid off some useless stuff. When I'm doing some mf runs and find something worth few pgs or mid-runes, I name my next MF game "Oxxxxx Nyyyy", because its quick and I dont have store 10 mules of junk.

16. Blackstone

Blackstone IncGamers Member

Bingo!! In the ten years or so of perusing the net, I have seen a lot of this. To tell the truth, you can't place it all on the "pre-teens" like someone else did. I have talked to teens who were more mature than those in their 20's and on up

17. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

That is generallizing, and you know it. For instance:
    I have Doom 3, but put it down because Diablo was superior.
    I don't play my father's computer, but my own, which I take care of and troubleshoot myself.
    It is nearly 5 years old, but, like D2, it is still good. My friends don't play computer games, and we don't judge each other on what we do do in our spare time.

Please don't assume that we are all immature people. I happen to play during the day because my schedule is strange, and I chose Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes. Therefore, I get some time Tuesday to play some Diablo, and at night I spend time with my family. It isn't offensive, but obnoxious that so many people blame the poor quality of b.net on people my age.

Welcome to the Community, Blackstone!

18. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

Yep, I know its generalizing. But those are precious moments, when you meet some nice guy by a chance on bnet.
    I didn't want to offend some (probably nice:) players, like you. I just dont understand, why are those annoying people playing the game.

I play the game because I like it and I'm always happy, when I meet someone, who is nice. But those people, who are bothering others and acting stupidly can't enjoy it. Or can they?
    I just dont get it. They just spoil my game experience. Is it their goal?

19. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

They just don't care. They just want to make themselves happy, and could care less whose toes they step on along the way.

20. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

I just remembered this: Did you ever see someone that speaks french entering an English game and insulting other people like there is no tomorrow? Many people doing this are not even pre-teens; they can be a lot older.

I am from Quebec, and I find it really annoying, because this totally ruins our image. There is no point to this "English people suck" attitude, yet it's present in real life...

I am not very old either. It's just that some (some... well, about half) the people my age I see in real life don't grow up and instead act like immatures. They don't change very much when they play an online game.
    I do not blame everything on pre-teens and teenagers, but I would be lying if I said that they are innocent on Battle.net.