Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

9/11

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage-DVS, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

9/11

I bet this thread has been posted a while back already but I just felt like writing this up. Where were you/ what were you doing on 9/11? At that time I was living in Paris. While talking to a friend on MSN, he told me brb. After waiting 10 mins, he came back and told me that he had to go and to put on the news. He lived in New york and had apparently seen the plane crash into the world trade centers. I quickly turned on the television and was horrified at the news reports.

What were you doing on that day?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

I was going to school and didn't find out what happened until we went into classes where my teacher was looking at CNN. Personally, I didn't feel any sadness or fear. I know it seems selfish but nobody I knew lived there. But I felt pity for those who knew people there and was crying for their safty.

3. KillerQueen

KillerQueen IncGamers Member

I was sleeping when it happened. My husband was working at the Nevada Test Range at the time and they had to go Top Secret right away so he got sent home and woke me up. Then we watched it all on the news.

4. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

sleeping...my dad walks in my room at 6 something in the morning telling me something about the world trade center being hit...

5. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

The first tower crashed when I was driving home;once at home,i put on the radio,heard the news and i put on the TV to see what was going on;then i watched the second tower which was crashing
    Many more people could have died if the towers had crashed straightaway

6. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

I was in DC

7. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

at school in my american history class.

8. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I was just getting up when the plane hit the tower, I was just leaving for school when the first fell, and I was just arriving at school when the second fell......

I still cannot believe the teachers who would not allow the T.V.s to be on in their classes because we "needed to do schoolwork". I mean come on, what is more important, some stupid math problem or watching what is the largest attack to the US in 60 years? I am still mad just because of the attitude of the teachers that their class is more important than something like that....

9. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

The WTC was the most beautiful building of NYC;had you already visited it ?

10. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Woke up around 8:00 Pacific time. Walked out of my room and ran into my neighbor, who asked if I had heard the news. I said no, she said that the WTC was gone. Brushed my teeth as fast as possible and ran back into my room to turn on the news. Had class and work all that day though, so I still did the normal routine.

11. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Open your eyes, 9/11 never happened. It's all part of the Homosexual Agenda, just like the holocaust and the korean war.

Oh...and don't give me that "evidence" bull crap. Thats *** hippie bs all the way through.

12. redneck hater

redneck hater IncGamers Member

Was in science in 8th grade and about at 8:00 I think our substitute teacher turned on CNN. Saw the coverage of the first plane hit, and then the news of when the second hit.

EDIT

Actually, our teachers let us watch the news the entire day. Didn't have to do any work or such. If I remeber correct, we continued to watch the news the following day.

13. publius

publius IncGamers Member

I was taking a Chem test that day, and around noon the teacher announced that all other classes that day were cancelled (we still had to finish that test). I proceeded to go home, flip on the TV, and the rest was history.

14. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I was playing Diablo

15. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

well.. i remember pretty well...

i woke up early around 6... got out of the house around 6:30...
    was pretty happy.. cause i felt like it woudl be a good day.. i was looking foward to it...

so i get in my car... and around 6:35 or so..while listening to the radio.. i realize all the stations are talking about the wtc being hit... at first i thought it was some joke... but yeah.. later at school... they let us watch it throughout.... and yeah...

btw, i thought it woudl be a good day, cause its my birthday.
    9/11/1986.

16. iamscottbowdown

iamscottbowdown IncGamers Member

Same here. I was getting a D fix before school started.

17. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I was asleep. Then when my mom woke me up she told me about it and at first I didn't believe it but then I saw the video on the tv.

18. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

*beats scott and ash with tactical salmon*

19. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

I was in marching band... then someone who was late came out and said the first building fell down.. we left band early and went inside to watch. We watched the news almost the entire day.. for classes w/out a T.V. we talked about it and had people get their emotions out there.. some people were really affected.. others weren't. But I liked the way our school handled it.. we had a moment of silence, and discussed the rest of the day. It was somewhat soothing to people who were really affected.

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I had just gotten out of Criminological theories class and was at the busstop on the way to go home when I heard two girls talking about it. I asked them what happened and they told me. I rushed right home because I was expecting the Forces to call me in and put the military on alert, but I didn't get the call.