Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

7 builds I've never tried

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Smittyphi, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Smittyphi

Smittyphi IncGamers Member

So, there are plenty of builds I have tried but I want new ones. Now, these will most likely come later this year as, yes, I want to probably twink most of the hardware. So I need thoughts, reactions, ideas and possibly help. Some will most likely be easier than others as there are some seemingly viable builds I haven't done yet. Without further ado, the list:

Amazon - Fendazon with Lightning Strike. This one (I think) contends for maybe the easiest, especially if I use charged strike

Assassin - I have no useful experience with using the martial arts tree. I think I tried one back in 2010 and didn't like it. Having said that, I hear lots of good things about a Phoenix striker. I would need help with this.

Barb - I've never tried Berserk so that's the one I'm settling on. This also seems to be one of the easier ones with the right hardware. I just have no clue how to go about it. Patriarch #1 completed

Druid - I've done the shifter druid as well as a tornado druid. Is a strictly Volcano Druid viable? I'd also be using Hurricane but I want to do an elementalist w/o tornado.

Necromancer - I want a powerful Iron Golem with a Poison dagger build. I'm genuinely afraid of the difficulty of this.

Paladin - I've done loads of paladin builds but I've never played a shockadin with fist of the heavens. Since FoH is on a timer, I don't need FCR so I was planning throwing down FoH until they close the gap and zeal with Holy Shock active. Patriach #2 completed

Sorc - I've never tried a tri-elementalist. I thought about going dual Nova's with firewall with 1 point in Fire and Lightning mastery and 20 points in cold mastery. I've never extensively used those 3 skills, either.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Check the Phoenix Strike guide linked in the Assassin forum. By some guys called maxicek & jiansonz....

Also TS/DTail guide by that maxicek bloke again.

[/shamelessplug]

3. Smittyphi

Shall I point out the fact that the link is broken and redirects me back to the forum homepage?

4. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

5. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I did a Poison Dagger / IG Necro in 1.09 (also featuring Bone Spear with a White wand) - you can find the write-up in the Mat/Pat thread. For 1.13/1.14, you might add a Poison Nova element with a beta Bramble armor.

6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Druid ... Volcano alone isn't that good, but a Fissure Druid with Volcano is much fun, and quite strong. FIs take some time though.

Which Shapeshifter did you try? There is a big difference between a Wolf and a Bear ...

7. Smittyphi

I've done both.

T72on1 likes this.
  8. drmalawi

drmalawi IncGamers Member

You can beat the game with basic gear on a Berserker. Just spam howl and/or War Cry for saftey (I prefer howl in larger areas and war wry in tighter areas). I have never done a berserker with shield though.

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A dual Dream enchantress with frozen orb probably counts as a tri-element build as well, but purists might disagree because the lightning damage comes from the Dreams while lightning mastery justs boosts it. Another problem is that you need two Dream runewords which are rather expensive and not that much reusable.

11. drmalawi

drmalawi IncGamers Member

Tri-elemental sorc you proably need Infinity merc aswell. Otherwise go with Gimmershred and Enchant for AR :p

12. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Tri-elemental sorcs are very hard to build in my opinion, because you need a bit of everything when it comes to skill points. Infinity would indeed make it far more viable.

13. Smittyphi

OK so it seems a tri-elemental sorc may be out of the possibility right now. I still want to go with firewall. Are either of the Nova's a good pairing with firewall?

14. mir

mir IncGamers Member

1. Amazon - if you plan to use fend as backup attack it worth mentioning that LI's are some of the dangerous monsters in game and fend is interruptible and require 3+ pack to really shine.
    Maybe couple it with jab?
    If you going to use fend as main attack maybe couple it with poison skills?

3. Berserker - open some interesting builds focused on "when struck" effects. ipdr also suit this build well.
    It's better to go with 2h weapon or use wizzy or something alike if you prefer dual-wield.

4. Druid - fire druid was suggested and its a challenging build, maybe instead of vulcan druid you can try armageddon (hurricane can be used as skill and synergy)?

5. Necro - won't be a problem at all.

15. Smittyphi

For the amazon, I plan on using spears or pikes so poison skills are out of the availability

For the Druid, when I made a tornado druid, I included a moderately powerful armageddon to go with the tornadoes. I don't want to use skills that I used in endgame, previously. I'm making an exception with charged bolt and utility skills.

16. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Nova should work well with it. One point in GS, Frost Nova and CM for some crowd control. Rest in nova, fw and masteries.

17. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

A couple thoughts/links:

Amazon - I've done two fendazons/lightning (non-LF) characters. They were both very fun. The first was in my 7x7, the third character in this post. The second was more recent and went 2H with fend as the primary, with lightning strike main backup for PI mobs and charged strike for act bosses and high life PIs; Mat summary is here and progress update earlier in that thread. In general, Nightfish's summary of his Sept Sept (in HC) has great build ideas, and he did a Kelpie Snare based fendazon.

Assassin - @maxicek has it covered on the phoenix striker.

Barb - I have an untwinked berzerker in progress (early NM), with war cry and howl for crowd control. His early progress is in the trio of twins thread along with the second fendazon. As others have said, this is a very do-able build and nice way to use berzerk.

Necro - I think poison dagger with golem build would be fun. I did a variant on that in my 7x7, Stinger, who used poison dagger for the AR boost and focused on physical damage with the poison damage supplementing the overall package. He was very enjoyable, and I think pumping one of the pdagger synergies would give a nice balance between poison damage, a sturdy golem, and summons.

18. Jocular

Jocular IncGamers Member

What about a firewall/pnova necromancer? Or firewall/pdagger, whichever sounds more fun to you. Can you stab stuff while in Vampire form?

19. Tenecabo

Tenecabo IncGamers Member

Came here from your char write-up thread. How about a hunter druid? I had fun with one of those some years ago.

20. Smittyphi

what exactly is a hunter druid?