Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

6socket gt vrs tomb on fc bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MrGoth, Aug 29, 2006.

1. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

6socket gt vrs tomb on fc bear

I've seen these debates before, but the opinions are always a little off from each one.

Assuming a 6shael gt {4frame, 5 range}, vrs a tombreaver {4frame, 4 range}?

Pure fc bear. With a +ar/110 pb & shield on switch. The resistance on a tombreaver wouldnt be included in the comparison due to the rest of the gear.

Mainly damage & range 4 vrs range 5?

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Well since no one answered this I will.

First off your numbers are off the highest bp and tombreaver can hit on a fc bear is 5 frames ... thats with using 48 oias and 3 shaels in a non -eth one.

And for a giant thresher you could get 4 frames in fc if you have 7% oias and 110 ias on the gt. So the best bet for this weapon would be 4 x shael + 2 x ar/ias jewels.

Now the main argument would be speed over physical damage. If you want a little physical damage then go with the non-eth shael tomb reaver .... if you want just good hc fc damage go with the robo gt.

For pvp ... you have to add in the debat about +resist on tomb too though. If stacking resist tomb may give you the advantage ... I never really tested w/ this but i'm assuming caster so i would think that tomb would win ... mainly b/c 5 frames on a bear isnt exactly slow to start with.

3. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

tombreaver >> robo thresher

4. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

OMG 95% fire resist FTW! dont make me put on my The Rising Sun amy i'll do it I SWEAR (heh, j/k).

all I have to say is resists are to major of an issue to neglect in pvp unless you have an inventory like my bowazon (30 5 res all/ 5 run walk charms) tomb reaver is gonna be better.

5. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

He stated in his first post that the resistances from tomb aren't considered due to his gear, which makes me think he has alternatives for stacking, possibly 4PGem Shields + 4Frame Phase Blade and most probably 20Life/Res SCs, but I could be wrong.

If he is using the polearm it wil most likely be VS. characters with unblockable attacks. [Smite/Hammers/Tornados] so the range will help him much more then the resistances. IMHO, Robo GT > Non-Eth Tomb.

~LesC

6. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Les is right.

I should have put the bases of this guy before - his entire purpose is to destroy a friend's boner, while also being somewhat capable vrs casters mainly in pubby.

He will have gross frw {about 150, 195 if i use nigma vrs boner/hammer}. And lots of res setups {charms, coh, silence & sanct & um jala + absorb gear in stash}.

For the most part he will be a bear. But i'm thinking deeply about keeping an extra ebotd axe and be a fury/fire - mainly after i see someone absorbing/stacking too much.

i will be using a +ar/ias phase blade, and was actually thinking of using the gt with 2x +res jewels; another reason why i wasnt thinking too deeply about tomb's res.

I dont really like hearing that tomb wasnt a 4 framer for fc while in bear... My debate was between range 5 vrs range 4 + physical damage, assuming both had the same speed. But is tomb still in favor over everything else?

7. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

If your against a boner get a 1.07 crafted sheild (30% magic damage resistance).

Also, you need sick desynch and run walk with attack speed. Harmony bow on switch should really help. I would go with the 5 distance poleaxe in this case also. Well, actually I would go with it depending on if the necro has gross fire resist which will destroy the main source of damage of your char. Good luck beating the boners because I met a few lvl 90+ ones on east that could kill everyone they played against. I was easy to them so..

Ps. on a side note, if your an east non-ladder player and want a challenge look up a hammerdin named glitch. I tried dueling this hammerdin and I think I hit him once in 10 duels (omg haxs!!).

8. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I appologize for not reading or comprehending your question as well as i should have .. i hate when people dont answer the question .. but i have been under a lot of stress as of late and i missed the resist part ... not a valid excuse i know .... but it happened.

Anyways i would say for your friend you want to beat go w/ the gt .... but if you want the availability to beat elemental casters use the tomb ...

Your debate on physical damage + range 4 over range 5 ..... range 5 is the winner 9/10 ... especially vs. casters if your a fc bear .... fc bears do sooooo much more damage ....and it takes effort to absorb .. the extra range will give you an opportunity to hit them more often w/ more glitch running which IMO is greater than physical damage.

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

go for the gt, especially vs a bone nec? they have bone armor. screw physical damage.

10. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

why ask irrelevant questions?
    you disregard the res but you say you will aslo be duelling casters - tomb requires less switching so has the edge there in any comparison.
    you are also asking about a comparison where the speed of both is the same when it wouldn't be which is also pointless as it is nothing like what would really be happening.

this case is so straight forward, GT at 4 frame and 5 range is easily better than tomb at 5 frame and range 4 (this is the comparison you should be making) on a fireclaws bear. Your pathetic physical damage would barely get through a bonearmor and correctly thinking about speeds the GT has the possibility to do 25% more fire damage.

for the casters you need to think about the actual setups you would need to use as disregarding an important aspect just so you can compare to simpler figures is plain wrong.