Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

6 skulls recipe and item lvl

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by MagpieLee, May 10, 2008.

1. MagpieLee

MagpieLee IncGamers Member

6 skulls recipe and item lvl

I found a rare item in normal.
    Rolled with a lvl 95+ will this matter at all?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: 6 skulls recipe and item lvl

Its new ilvl will be 0.4*old_ilvl + 0.4*charlvl, rounded down before adding.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

I suggest rolling rare Tiaras and Diadems - they have a fixed affixlevel, below which they simply can't go down, and Diadems can actually spawn with any affix possible, even on ilvl 1. So, if you find a rare Diadem (or imbue one at Charsi), you can reroll it with the recipe in hopes of a godly one.

4. canudig

canudig IncGamers Member

yeah but it really burns those pskulls fast though.....I have about 3 rare diadems waiting to be rerolled and have burned over 120 pskulls already :undecided:

5. krischan

Gambling pays off more IMO, except you want to have an item which cannot be gambled.

6. MagpieLee

so the short answer is yes (item level does matter) or no (item level doesn't matter)?
    The item was found in normal mode.

?

7. krischan

Yes. See posting #2 :wink3:

8. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Item level matters only when the qlvl isn't high enough - tiara's and diadems have high enough qlvl's to make ilvl and clvl irrelavent - and when you don't plan to keep on rerolling the item as then you will end up with an ilvl of 0.66*clvl no matter what to original ilvl was.

Seeing that your item was found in normal, I'd say that ilvl is irrelevant as you will need to get the new ilvl higher first before you can find interesting mods.

9. MagpieLee

so thats a yes.

10. theBanger

theBanger IncGamers Member

So if I reroll a runic talon (qlvl 81), even if I'm a low level, it will always roll level 81. So I can always get up to level 81 affixes by just rerolling on a low level mule? What's the purpose of the 1 pskull soj combo then? If this would be the case, this recipe seems quite useless.

11. drool

drool IncGamers Member

If you rerolled that runic talon, you would be able to get up to level 63 affixes
    (alvl = ilvl*2-99); but yes, you would still be able to get those even rolling with a level one mule. You would also be able to lower the ilvl enough to spawn +dtalon or +clawmastery, which may prove very beneficial. The lowering of ilvl by the 6pskull isn't as much of a hinderance to items with high qlvl or magic lvl's, but can be horrible for items with a low qlvl (think jewels).

As for the other rare item reroll recipe, it was really made as a way to clean up the economy of duped stones of jordan. There are much better uses for a soj though, so yeah, the recipe is useless.

12. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

To nitpick, you don't always end up with 2/3 the clvl, this example is one situation. 95*2/3 = 63, however if you roll with an ilvl 62 or less, you'll end up stuck on 62 (62*0.4 = 24.8, 24.8 + 38 = 62.8, rounded back to 62)... if your item starts off 63+, it'll end up 63.

13. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Other than runic talons, what other items would be good for rerolling? Rare jewels seem like an option if you use the correct ones as you don't need a very high Alvl (although I don't fully understand the mechanics which is why I'm asking), as well as sorceress orbs. What clvl/ilvl would I need to have all the good affixes possible (my highest clvl ATM is 87 but if really needed can go and level some more).

14. krischan

There are very few orbs which beat the unique ones. Normally they are magical ones with 20%fcr, +3 to a skill tree and +3 to the main skill of a certain build (and matching the skill tree bonus), so I don't think that rerolling rare orbs is worth it, except for perhaps LLD. But for LLD I would rather use the imbuing quest reward. Making a L8 character and getting the imbue quest solved is probably faster to achieve than gathering 6 pskulls.

15. galzohar

How does the imbue work for high levle items? Do high enough level orbs have the abilty to get all useful mods even with a lvl8 imbuer? What other items work like that (for imbuing)? In which case which ones are high enough?

Unique orbs don't exactly dupe all over the place when you're playing offline legitimately, but yeah I agree it's probably a waste of Pskulls...

Since weapons don't need very high alvl for their good mods, is rerolling an elite weapon giving you the option to get that amazing high ED ,+max/clvl, IAS etc? What item and character level would I need to be able to roll all the good ones?

16. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Nearly all the weapon you will be rerolling will me worse then the good runewords. So unless you are in for some style points, this isn't going to bring you anywhere. Second thing to remember is that you can only reroll small items. You need 6 skulls in the cube so only 6 more places are left. This means you can reroll rare amazon only bows for instance. Same goes for spear - which don't have good runewords safe ebotd. And I don't think you can keep etheralness - though I might be wrong, try it.
    So In the end, I don't see the point. However, it seems like you want to be rerolling with a character that is 76 or something.

Imbue works just like a normal drop, though the ilvl is set at clvl +5. Just remember that imbueing, like most rares are almost always useless. The most popular things to imbue are ldd items or things that need low level stuff or circlets are +lvl 82 for +2skill. Necromancer head for instance. If you want to have +3 to raise skeleton and +3 to skeleton master, you need to imbue a unique head with a low level character.

Anyway, there is a guide about these things. Reading it seems like a good idea as you are getting to the end of mine - and perhaps many others - knowledge.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=392254

17. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

clvl+4 </nitpick>

18. galzohar

Doesn't the qlvl of the item (since ilvl < qlvl) force the alvl to be higher though? Or did I misunderstand the calculation?