6/4 godly for fury?

dogs best friend

Diabloii.Net Member
6/4 godly for fury?

I keep hearing that a 6/4 wep with 5 pannel range is really good for fury what does it mean by range and what is a 6/4? Can anybody help me out :confused:

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
dogs best friend said:
I keep hearing that a 6/4 wep with 5 pannel range is really good for fury what does it mean by range and what is a 6/4? Can anybody help me out :confused:
Weapons range is how far it can reach with things like daggers at 1 being the smallest range to big two handers like giant thresher or great poleaxe being 5. 6/4 is the speed of the swing with the first swing coming in at 6 and the rest of the fury at 4 frames.

Amiral

Diabloii.Net Member
also, as the game runs in 25 frames per second (no matter computerspeed), in 4 seconds, you would have done 5 full fury attacks...

ChthonVII

Diabloii.Net Member
I could be wrong, but I believe a tomb reaver w/ several shaels is the only weapon in the game that can give you a 6/4 w/ range of 3.

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
ChthonVII said:
I could be wrong, but I believe a tomb reaver w/ several shaels is the only weapon in the game that can give you a 6/4 w/ range of 3.
Robo giant threshers and great poleaxes I believe can and are range 5 but I am not 100% sure.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
ChthonVII said:
Tomb Reaver is a Cryptic Axe, which is range 4.

ChthonVII

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought way back in 1.09 there were phase blades that had silence runeword striped out (ith-ed), then filled up with... I think it was... an eth, an ohm, and a bunch of 40/15's & they were called "robos"...

Anywho, if a "robo" is just something w/ a bunch of shaels, I think it would probably suck pretty badly in all respects but speed.

Thanks you for the correction cotton.

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
I think robo zerkers consisted of 2 shaels and 4 40/15ias to reach 7/4 fury.

A 110IAS Phase blade reaches 5/4 fury.

A 105IAS (shael jewel jewel jewel) gris caddy can also hit 6/4.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
A true robo zerker was made by a barb called robo-turtle in 09 I believe that used and eth 6 os zerker zoded w/ 5 x ed/ias jewels.

Robo zerkers druids in 09 were ed/ias x 2 + 4 x shaels as stated above.

cgtoq 2 x shael hit 4 frames

eth robo gp w/ 5 x ed/ias jewels worked too.

Also there was the cfaq w/ forgot the amount ias needed on socketing that off hand though.

Those were the most popular that I remember.

ChthonVII said:
I thought way back in 1.09 there were phase blades that had silence runeword striped out (ith-ed), then filled up with... I think it was... an eth, an ohm, and a bunch of 40/15's & they were called "robos"...

Anywho, if a "robo" is just something w/ a bunch of shaels, I think it would probably suck pretty badly in all respects but speed.

Thanks you for the correction cotton.

ITH = Item that's hacked.

Most varieties of robo weapons aren't as useful in 1.1 as they were in 09. The PvP penalties, the changes to leech, and the absence of the eth rune bug have changed melee dueling a lot.

In 09, 3 ed/ias 2 shael, and eth or Lo phase blades were pretty standard for druid vs druid duels where intensive life leeching and shifting techniques were the norm. The faster initial attack helped to initialize block lock (which no longer exists) and sometimes to "range" an opponent. Ranging happens when the space between two weapons is equal to the range fo those two weapons; phase blades are range 2, and if both duelers were using shift techniques there would be a "4 range" gap in between the two duelers. When this would happen, the following fury attacks wouldn't happen and the two duelers would be duking it out with their "normal" attack. If one dueler had an 8 frame initial attack and the other had a 6 frame initial attack - the 6 framer would have the greatest chance of winning.

I remember many times walking into public melee games and being laughed at by barbarians for my weak little phase blades, but the joke was ultimately on them, because not only would I negate their defense, I would block lock them into oblivion. To drive the point home, for the next duel I would probobly break out a 5 shael/eth phase blade just to prove that speed>damage. In 1.1 this isn't as true anymore. All of the things that made these techniques and socketing choices useful have been taken out of the game.

So there's my senile history lesson for the day. Hope this is somewhat informative. Also, thanks to Voice for clearing up the origin of the Robo name :) It has been lost in space for years.

<3 Ink.

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
inkanddagger said:
just to prove that speed>damage. In 1.1 this isn't as true anymore.
<3 Ink.
You mean by this there are better options than gris caddy out there for pvp? Like Ebotd zerker, slower but much more damage?

-Ferro- said:
You mean by this there are better options than gris caddy out there for pvp? Like Ebotd zerker, slower but much more damage?

I would say it depends on who you are dueling, and you should probobly keep a couple of different setups in your stash.

Vs. paladins I have found that using grief/ebotd berzerker and having a high life base is the usually the best setup. If you had a high damage 4 framer, like a high ed ccsoq or an eth glitched robo zerker, that would probobly be the best option.

Vs. barbarians having all out damage and attack rating (Titan builds with high AR work very well against them) - Botd is fine for 5 frame vs their max 7.

for druid vs. druid having a 7/4 weapon like caddy, a cruel, or a robo zerker usually works best. There are some monster grief/botd druids out there who can stomp cruel/caddy users however.

Of course, I am not going to crunch numbers here . The suggestions are from experience, and I have found that often times numbers can be deceptive.

For example - my usual pvp druid is about even in terms of druid vs. druid with mariusas titan Lycampire (USEast) (50-50 win/loss)

Here's a rough stat breakdown:

My druid with caddy: 1800-4.3k damage, 20k attack rating, 7.5k life.
Her druid with ebotd: approx 9.4k top damage, 18k attack, 4.6k life.

Her biggest advantage is 08 highlords - but there is much to be said for the strength build - especially in druid vs druid, where the attacks are not uninterruptible and FHR plays a big part (big damage = FHR "lock")

One other thing that I will mention here is that on USEast a few of us have been testing balancing attack speed/fhr and block rate.

Some of us have discovered that higher FHR/block is not necessairly better, and that it appears that you can "overblock" if you have 86 fhr and 5 frame block. It doesn't make sense in terms of game code, but it happens in duels.

D-Giant

Diabloii.Net Member
ive been hangin in the grove lately and ive seen maris titan using ebotdz and im fairly impressed by it.I always thought that the faster weps were the best but she seems so have a somewhat winning % over the caddy droods.Btw ink whats ur druids name?

D-Giant said:
ive been hangin in the grove lately and ive seen maris titan using ebotdz and im fairly impressed by it.I always thought that the faster weps were the best but she seems so have a somewhat winning % over the caddy droods.Btw ink whats ur druids name?
BluntedReality is my vita/all around

ReversalOfMan is my titan

DrinkAndSwagger is my maul/fury hybrid.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
ink i remember you talking about that hybrid a long time ago. what are the stats if you dont mind telling :) seems like the only hybrid i know of.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
One other thing that I will mention here is that on USEast a few of us have been testing balancing attack speed/fhr and block rate.

Some of us have discovered that higher FHR/block is not necessairly better, and that it appears that you can "overblock" if you have 86 fhr and 5 frame block. It doesn't make sense in terms of game code, but it happens in duels.
Could you explain that a bit? It seems very strange indeed.

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, also I would like to know about titan build a bit more, in terms of stats, gear. Also, do you play in ladder? What do you think about grief pb as weapon?