Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5k++ life WW barb sone some queries

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by k3mistry, Apr 2, 2004.

1. k3mistry

k3mistry IncGamers Member

5k++ life WW barb sone some queries

hi, i been searching high and low for a guide on one and i cant seem to find any at all :(

1) hi does anyone know how does one achieve more than 5k life for a WW PVP barb?

2) Would it be advisable to sacrifice def and make, lets say enigma on a very low str req armor for more vit?

3) What kind of charms would be more effective? max dmg /ar / life charms or psn charms?

4) what kind of AR would be necessary to be able to hit regularly and what kind of def should i be aiming for?

5) Which would be a better weapon for WW? Zerks or CBs?

6) What would be the recommended runewords in any case?

7) Any suggestions on optimal gear setups?

8) what would be the optimal WW breakpoints needed for zerkers or CBs and how much more IAS would be needed other than those on my weapons?

9) Lastly, i know higher str means more damage, would more str and less vit which means less life be more effective against a pure vita build?

any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

All of this has been answered several times already on the forum.

1. By going minimum str/dex and pumping vit, wearing things like Enigma and Verdungo's, and using 3/xx/xx charms and dual echoers for casting BO.

2. You should always make enigma in a light armor type, most of which have low str reqs. People typically either use a dusk shroud or an archon plate, and then keep their str as low as possible, using the bonus from Annihilus to get to the point where they can wear the armor. Then you put on your BotD, Stormshield, Arreat's, etc.

3. 3/xx/xx charms are best, for the damage, accuracy, and life.

4. Most pvp barbs have 20k+ ar. This is obtained using the enchant charges on demon limb and two angelic rings, along with the amulet.

5. It depends on what you are fighting. If you will always be going one-hand/shield (most melee battles), then the berserker has more damage and lower requirements, letting you pump more life and such. If you'll be switching to 2h on occastion (say, to fight sorcs), then the CB is nice.

6. BotD.

7. ethereal BotD, verdungo's belt, enigma, arreat's face, gore riders, steelrends, stormshield, and angelic ammy/2 rings, keeping highlord's and raven for when you need it. Put two echoers on the swtich, and socket the helm/shield with ed/str jewels for more damage.

8. Zerkers and CBs both hit the last ww breakpoint. IAS off the weapon does not affect whirlwind.

9. Vita builds are more or less the best pvp builds around, since the str bonus to damage isn't very important anymore, now that leech is nerfed in pvp.

Forgive my aggitation, I'm adjusting to Linux.

-Hal

3. k3mistry

k3mistry IncGamers Member

thanks a million hal!!

just one more question, can i substitute those 3/xx/xx sc with GCs with x/xx/xx mods? those SCs are terribly rare and expensive on ladder : (

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

yes you can use large charms but it has a less effect on life than the small ones, in all it would be 200 less life before bo (with all perf mods on smalls and gcs) but GCs can reach more damage and ar

5. jetjaguar x

jetjaguar x IncGamers Member

so for using the enchant on the demon limb .. u would just go to ur stash enchant urself .. then put it back in ?

6. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

hal i swear u have SOME patience.... he is asking questions that even could be answered by a guy in a baal game.... dunno it jus pisses me off when people ask these questions when theres a ww guide and then theres common sense.... zerkers or cbs... zerker have more dmg a lower req.... o and dont gimme that bullsh*t about taking off your shield to fight casters because i highly doubt you do it to every single caster you see. The fact that u can use it as a 2h wep isnt as good when zerkers have lower req, more dmg, and everyone seems to neglect the fact that you can put second zerker on... add a beast or doom. If it isn't too much of 12aider, he should write the standard 1.1 WW barb guide (if there isnt already one) and then the moderator should stick it in huge letters as a sticky and anyone who asks dumb questions that are clearly stated in the guide should be slapped.

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Yes, that's how I do it =)

Perfect: l2aider is shipping out with the Navy soon, if I recall correctly, and has thus retired from the barb circuit, so I dunno how likely it would be for him to write a guide. I believe he's spending his last few months goofing off with a necromancer build.

-Hal

8. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

I'm so surprise not to find a pvp ww barb guide in the barb forum... no wonder u get questions on it every other day. I looking to build a pvp barb again in 1.10 and would really like to read one beforehand. I did a search and this thread is the best I get.... :rant:

9. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Hey Hal,
    If you have any questions on linux feel free to PM me. Linux is to me, what a conc barb is to you :)

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It's not problems with use so much, it's just that all of the current distributions use a version of the kernel that isn't compatible with my 8.x system, and likewise all of them (besides Mandrake 10 community) have issues with video card drivers for the ATI Radeon 9600-9800 series. So I can USUALLY get a distro installed, but it'll crash every other reboot, and of course the graphics issues with radeon fglrx drivers.

And Fedora Core 2 Test 2 won't even make it past login, of course ;)

-Hal

11. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I used to be a big slackware user, like 5 or 6 years ago, then moved to redhat, then mandrake, then I went to LFS (Linux From Scratch) which was by far the best but such a pain to build your entire system from scratch, once it was built the performance was amazing etc. but such a long time to build. Now I use Gentoo, it's basically LFS except all of the downloading of source and manual building with LFS is automated with gentoo, once it's installed it's amazing, I haven't found anything that dosen't work on it yet. And it's so easy once its done, lets say I want to install ... umm .. openoffice, I type "emerge openoffice" it finds the source, and all of the libs required downloads all of the source, compiles it and installs it .. if you haven't tried it yet, and you have some time to mess around .. you should try it out .. it's amazin .. you'll never use any other distro once you've used Gentoo .. .:)