Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5fps Zeal with Eth Runemaster, Feasible?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tindil, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Tindil

Tindil IncGamers Member

5fps Zeal with Eth Runemaster, Feasible?

Hey guys, I'm on ladder, managed to get a near perfect eth runemaster and was going to put Zod/4 Lo's in it. If I'm going to be doing enough damage to 1 hit KO just about anyone, does a 5fps zeal really matter? I'll need about 18%ias to hit 5fps zeal with 20-2x fanatacism on.

I was thinking Phoenix shield, Fortitude armor (well over 600% ed there) with Angelics.

Rest I'm unsure about, was thinking could go Hsarus belt/boot with 20ias glove (lavagout/magnus skin/crafted) with CoA Ber Ber. Or, theres Gore riders to hit 95% DS with 20ias glove, dungo and CoA. Or, IK glove 25ias with boots (give good str and dex ie. ar) with CoA and dungo, or blood fist 10 ias with Nos Coil belt 10ias Gores and CoA, or who knows, any other suggestions? I could always put on a stormshield or Levi for DR and try some different gear totally.

What I guess I'd like to know is what do you think a good set of gear would be to go along with a 4 Lo'ed runemaster, or if you think a 5fps is just plain crappy.

2. commandercool

commandercool IncGamers Member

you could probably get away with 5fps in pvm, but not in pvp

3. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why not replace a few of those Lo's with shaels or 15 ias jewels and wear a highlords? I'm not really sure on the bps for zeal anymore but I would definitely recommend getting to the 4 frame bp.

4. Tindil

Tindil IncGamers Member

Will my zeal (5fps) get interrupted by a 4fps zeal? If not, the way I see it is I will have a lot higher attack rating and damage than a 4fps guy-- so even though I'm not swinging as fast, when I hit its gonna be a one hit kill. If these assumptions are true, I really can't see how a 5fps zeal isn't viable. Anyone able to clear up these questions?

5. The Notorious

The Notorious IncGamers Member

I'm successfully running a 4fpa PvP setup, with a Zod 4x Lo Runemaster. It's quite feasible to do, but you'll probably have to drop the Fortitude/Phoenix. 5fpa won't cut it in PvP.

6. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

whats ur gear?

since u need around 86 ias to hit 4 fpa with zod/lo/lo/lo/lo runemaster

-jordy :king:

7. The Notorious

Indeed you do. I've gone through three setups, having just made my newest one. My character goes by the name of Shaq-Fu:

Shaq 3.0:
    Runemaster "ZodLoLoLoLo"
    Visionary Helm 2x 40/15
    Ethereal Godly Wire Fleece of Self-Repair 2x 40/15
    Stormshield 40/15
    Ethereal Self-Repair 20 IAS Gloves/Other 20 IAS gloves
    Upped Goreriders
    Verdungos
    Angelics

That gives 95 IAS with 50 DR. My previous 2 less effective setups are as follows:

Shaq 2.0:
    Runemaster "ZodLoLoLoLo"
    CoA 2x40/15
    Ethereal Godly Wire Fleece of Self-Repair 2x 40/15
    Stormshield 40/15
    IK Gloves
    IK Belt
    Goreriders
    Angelics

And my first try, Shaq Version 1.0:
    Runemaster "ZodLoLoLoLo"
    CoA 2x 40/15
    Upped Shaftstop 40/15
    Griz Shield 3x 40/15
    Goreriders
    Verdungos
    Magnus Skin/Bloodfists/Steelrends
    Angelics

Each has been a steady improvement upon the last.

8. sizgar

sizgar IncGamers Member

hi im on ladder as well and thats what i think :

eth runemaster (perf) :

1h dmg 183.15-366.3

grief BA (+400dmg)

1h dmg 421-472

average dmg :

274.73(RM) < 446.5(GRIEF)

now add some DS keeping in mind u need apprx ~50 DR

eth RM - 95 %
    grief - like 83% (20 grief 15 guiliamus 15 gore 33 lord)

now what happens :

average dmg:

535.72(RM) < 817.1 (grief) 669.75(GRIEF with 50 % DS no lord on)

also GRIEF hits more often than RM
    u can easily rich 4 fpa with grief in pvp 4 fpa vs 5 fpa means 5 fpa is a 95% looser :(
    RM range 2 < BA range 3
    keep in mind u need range vs barbs

i wouldnt recommend u using phoenix shield 'coz sometimes there appear something like cast bug means when the fire storm casts u r stopped for a 0.5 sec zealing than u have to rejoin
    get alma negra or HOZ + coa ber ber instead (my opinion) or guiliamus + SS

to be honest me cant say if there is any better weapon for zealer than GRIEF
    the other thing is u can easily transform into a smiter using GRIEF even smite lvl 1 u will be doing well

using GRIEF with 8x% DS (AR like 7 k atm) can win agains zealot using any other weapon with like 15k AR (~20k def)

cant see any good thing exept CBF on RM :(

u wont be 1 hit KOer with RM me need like 2-3 hits to lie down pally with 2,7 + life (~50 % DR on)

one more thing dont forget u need loads of FHR :)

regs

9. The Notorious

My setup isn't on ladder, but I assume that's actually a very relevant point to the original poster.

It's too bad the work I put into making an original setup will be for nothing once my Grief crosses over.

10. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Yea grief is extremely overpowered, its basically a BotD w/ a killer min in a pb. Its actually so overpowered a lot of people are already considering it bm'ed. And this is from people who i've never seen bm anything. I guess the main reason is b/c w/ a decent setup vs. a good setup w/ grief damage it really comes down to luck just about everytime, b/c if you get hit w/ a ds i dont know any pally that will survive a good zeal. A fury takes 4.7k life off my wolf w/ max dr down to about 1k hps w/ a good hit.

11. sizgar

sizgar IncGamers Member

first of all i need to ask you to explain all that w/ b/c etc ;)

secondly it made me laugh that grief can be considered as BM. hihi nope i wont say anything more just what about exile? windy drus ?necros ?sors? amas ?blablabla 1.10 is for casters not for melee. this class of chars are on 2nd place now.
    grief is the only solution for melee pally vs casters due to nice average dmg 'coz even 95 % resists wont help u for long time

regs

12. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

in my expierience dueling with a my bvc ww, and my zealot (both using fairly high griefs) i take a lot of grief-based slag (excuse the pun) from guys with excessively high botds that cost them a fourtune, once losing to my lowly runeword. grief came along and took a **** on the ebotdz convention.