Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

50's Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rare, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rare

rare IncGamers Member

50's Music

Does anyone like 50's music?

I didn't really like it until today when I heard a really nice version of "Wonderwall" done in a 50's sorta way; big orchestra and a singer with a really good, soothing, strong voice.

Ive been trying to look for new songs from the 50's, but there are some that are just wayy too boring or the lyrics kind of dont mean anything anymore. But there are great ones that I've heard over the years that are great when youre trying to relax, but Ive never paid attention to the titles.

Anyone have a collection of this genre/type of music?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Love old 50's rockabilly. Have about a 100 songs from that era on the Ipod all the time. If yu want to hear lots of good old stuff watch old reruns of Happy Days.

3. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I hate most of it.

The only one I can think of right now (that I know the name of) is Papa Loves Mambo.

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I wouldn't say that I love it, but I do listen to it, and some of it's good. However, I generally listen when I'm at work and the boss has it on the radio (he listens to basically anything... if it's recorded and it isn't rap/death metal, it's apt to be played SOMETIME), so I can't really name any good bands.

5. rare

rare IncGamers Member

Hm, yeah thats the bad part. If i think of general 50's music it bores the crap out of me. But there are very few songs that do seem worth it. No one seems to have a collection of just 50's music either, so I assume this is a lost cause.

oh well =/